IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

I am surprised and concerned to know that all versions of Bible are not the same. From their cogent contents to interpretations, they appear to be different. I am not in any way confused, just for helping one another, I ask this question:

(1) Which Bible Version can you recommend for someone you just preached to and s/he is ready to accept Christ and read His word further?

(2) Why recommending that version?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

for me it would depend on a persons grasp of the English language....    I see you are from Nigeria and I understand that more than half of your citizens are English literate... but not knowing how literate it is hard to tell.

For me personally the 1972 version of the NASB is the easiest to understand, but the later versions noted as enhanced use some texts that do not agree with the majority as I understand it and it changed some words that can give different meanings to a paragraph.

but that is just my own opinion and would be for me.    That version is said to be the closest word for word translation among them all.  At least that's what I read.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/01/1975

i like my king james and new living parallel

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, opportunitykenny said:

I am surprised and concerned to know that all versions of Bible are not the same....
From their cogent contents to interpretations....
they appear to be different....

:thumbsup:

Beloved, That Is One Of The Many Accusations

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (New International Version)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 (King James Version)

Of The Islamic Blasphemers

It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven. Revelation 13:6 (English Standard Version)

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. Revelation 13:6 (King James Version)

And Yet God Still Calls

For God so loved the world that He gave the only begotten Son, so that everyone believing in Him should not perish, but should have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Literal Bible)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (King James Version)

Come Sinner,

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost. Revelations 22:16-17 (New American Standard Bible)

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17 (King James Version)

Come

~

Love, Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/01/1975

a lot of people on my church like the Message and Amplified Bibles..i dont like them because they are essentially a mans commentary on the Bible

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

I found that if you're seeking Yahweh, as did those who became true and faithful followers of Yahshua in the NT , 

you will enjoy both those also.   They're not as much commentary as you think, and are many many times safer and truer than 

most current theology, nay, anywhere....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/19/2016 at 5:22 PM, Rick_Parker said:

The NKJV, because it reads with plainer English.

I agree it's a very good version. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is a good question. For a brand new believer who's going to read the Bible for the 1st time I'd recommend the NIV. It reads a lot like a novel would, it flows very easily. My 2nd choice is the NKJV. I'd stay away from the regular KJV because it's written in an old form of English. I've even seen some copies of the KJV that was harder for me to understand than the regular ones.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I believe the king james version =KJV is the most , accurate, that I have found, I am told through my research and studies to stay far away from the NIV, it is not complete and verses are missing , or taken out to not give you the words others do,the original, kjv, is good

now there is a video by a pastor Anderson, he is a baptize church, and they go through all the bibles and tell you how they have changed and what is missing and what has been changed its a great video, it showed me a lesson and I had all the bibles to compare and it was true,