Can I kill myself?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not coping anymore I need out this life is too hard for me God made a mistake thinking I was strong enough to handle this life he's given me. I can't keep going much longer I need out xxx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No we cannot cope except through Jesus Christ.  I encourage you to just surrender yourself totally to God and ask Jesus to come into your heart to be the Lord of your life.  That is the way to peace.  Taking your life is a permeate  solution to a temporary problem.  Only God can get you where you need to be.  He can heal all of you.  Just call on Him. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

19 hours ago, TJ said:

I'm not coping anymore I need out this life is too hard for me God made a mistake thinking I was strong enough to handle this life he's given me. I can't keep going much longer I need out xxx

Welcome to Worthy, TJ.  Please don't give up, call on God to lift you up and contact a Hot Line, please.  I will pray for you now to get over this hurdle and come back to Him.  If you need to unload whatever is burdening you, please, I will listen and so will many others here.  Praying now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

Hi TJ,

First of all, I can guarantee that you are much stronger than you realize.  God is perfect, He makes no mistakes.  Turn to Him and put your trust in Him.  Never give up!  Just as MorningGlory said, call a hot line, seek professional help for your feelings.  There is no shame in that.

We, here at Worthy, welcome you, and please know that you are in my heart and prayers.  :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I know life can be hard sometimes but you have to understand that the bad times dont last forever and that your suffering will only make you stronger and work for the good in the long run. You just have to trust God I definantly advise you to be open about the way you feel and talk to somebody, especially God. The Bible says ''he is a shield to those who take refuge in him'' remember that and pray / trust in him and he can get you out of that dark place. In Jesus Name.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Tj praying you are getting help. God loves you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/25/2016 at 7:12 PM, TJ said:

Can you kill yourself?

Apparently previous attempts have failed.

Seriously, I can understand how pain or utter despair could be motives for ending one's life. But I also know human nature. We often take things out of proportion, or we hone our focus on just the immediate circumstance as if it is never going to change or get better.

I have heard it said, "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." So true.

I also recall an episode of Blue Bloods (art can imitate life and make a good point in the process) where Danny was talking a jumper from a roof 12 stories high. He said "I have seen jumpers before who jumped. I saw their faces when they jumped. Just after they jumped everyone of them had the expression on their face that they changed their mind but it was too late. Too late."

I was a BIG protester in the 80s and 90s to assisted suicide. What my personal motive were was not that it was a sin so much as it was a precedent for State mandated suicides to thin the herds so to speak. But I have known people who had a terminal illness and would never get better who had only pain to go on... and I have known people who were so emotionally distraught that they could not face another day...

I only know of one (second hand) who put a bag over her head and suffocated (in the 1960s). I know about the devastated lives she left behind. Her family had to live with it and it still hurts them all these years later. The other one I spoke of was on death's bed and the hospice upped her morphine dosage to prevent her gasping comatose condition to drag on for days. Cancer had spread throughout her body after a three year remission. 

Perhaps you should first discuss what you deem too hard to live with or without with someone you trust (face to face in person would be best). There may be solutions to live for that you have not thought of.

Then come back and ask the question again. We'll be here.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would have succeed if a friend hadn't called the police. But Thank God he sent the right officers they were sympathetic and annoyed me into talking about why I had tried and why I wanted to do it. If it was a different officer I probably wouldn't have said a work. 

And to the saying "permanent solution to a temporary problem" the person who said that obviously didn't live with PTSD where meds control nightmares of the sexual abuse which I had but they do not take away the flashbacks which make me want to die. 

Because God sent me the right police officers at the right time I'm alive and my abuser has been arrested but is out on bail. He lives close to me which is hard as the police couldn't move him I'm still likely to see him but he's not allowed to speak to me. 

God is giving me the strength this week not to try again as I'm finding the police interviews and hospital appointments hard. I have attempted to take my life 8 times for some reason God wants me here xx 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,281
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

TJ you must realize that in taking your own life your last witness in this life would be "My Life is my own to do with as I wish"...
Is that the statement you want to conclude this life given us by God? Love, Steven