• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Willa said:

Amen to all of the above.  

Sometimes I Just pray to "Lord" because that covers them all.  But in my mind I often am addressing Jesus because He walked the earth and is my big brother by adoption as well as my Great High Priest Who is praying for me.  He seems more accessible to me, and He created me.  Father God is so way beyond my comprehension, but Jesus told us to pray to Him.  The Holy Spirit came to glorify Jesus.  Jesus came to glorify our Father.  But sometimes I feel like a little kid who hops up on Daddy God's lap and just bubbles over with all that has been going on today;  the Holy Spirit in us cries out Daddy!   I also talk to God throughout the day.  

Philippians 4 gives some instructions.

(4-7) Be rejoicing in the Lord always. Again I say, Be rejoicing. Let your sweet reasonableness, your forbearance, your being satisfied with less than your due, become known to all men. The Lord is near. Stop worrying about even one thing, but in everything by prayer whose essence is that of worship and devotion and by supplication which is a cry for your personal needs, with thanksgiving let your requests for the things asked for be made known in the presence of God, and the peace of God which surpasses all power of comprehension shall mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Wuest--Expanded Translation

Thank you for your helpful post sharing how you talk to God/Jesus Willa. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

First off Jesus is God. Before Abraham was IAM. 

When you see God in the Bible MOST of the time  its referring to the Godhead Father Son Holy Ghost. Jesus is the Godhead if saved you have the Godhead in you because you have the spirit of Christ. 

You pray to God the Father in the name of  God the Son.

KJV John  16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you

You can only have prayer answered if you have God the Holy Ghost dwelling in you.

KJV Rom  8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 

Three distinct persons all in ONE God. The Godhead is present in prayer. Its present in salvation YOU DONT COME TO GOD THE SON unless God the Father draws you to his son.

KJV John  6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 

Repentance toward God faith towards Jesus Christ. Then God the Son spiritually baptizes you in God the Holy Ghost. 

KJV Titus  3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 

If you dont have or know the Godhead you will NEVER have fellowship with God Almighty 

1Jn  5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

Edited by manuelf324

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

When you see God in the Bible MOST of the time  its referring to the Godhead Father Son Holy Ghost. Jesus is the Godhead if saved you have the Godhead in you because you have the spirit of Christ. 

KJV John  16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you

You can only have prayer answered if you have God the Holy Ghost dwelling in you.

KJV Rom  8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 

Three distinct persons all in ONE God. The Godhead is present in prayer. Its present in salvation YOU DONT COME TO GOD THE SON unless God the Father draws you to his son.

KJV John  6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 

Repentance toward God faith towards Jesus Christ. Then God the Son spiritually baptizes you in God the Holy Ghost. 

KJV Titus  3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 

If you dont have or know the Godhead you will NEVER have fellowship with God Almighty 

1Jn  5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

By the way Lavender you don't have to use the King James Bible.  You may use a translation that is easier for you to understand. I use the New King James.  God will reveal Himself to you.  It's hard to understand the Three in One, the Trinity but you will understand it.  The Bible tells us to walk by faith and not by sight.  It's OK to say to God,  " You know Lord I don't understand all of this but I"m going to trust you that if it says in Your Word it's true then I believe it"  He honors your heart and will always make a way for you to understand.  So just trust Him and you will do fine.  If you have any questions we have a chat room where you can come in and ask us questions there and get one on one answers.  We look forward to see you here often.

Because He Lives  RustyAngeL

• Group:  Advanced Member

19 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

Thank you manuelf324 for helping to clarify the Godhead for me.

12 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

By the way Lavender you don't have to use the King James Bible.  You may use a translation that is easier for you to understand. I use the New King James.  God will reveal Himself to you.  It's hard to understand the Three in One, the Trinity but you will understand it.  The Bible tells us to walk by faith and not by sight.  It's OK to say to God,  " You know Lord I don't understand all of this but I"m going to trust you that if it says in Your Word it's true then I believe it"  He honors your heart and will always make a way for you to understand.  So just trust Him and you will do fine.  If you have any questions we have a chat room where you can come in and ask us questions there and get one on one answers.  We look forward to see you here often.

Because He Lives  RustyAngeL

RustyAngel, I do find it to hard too understand the old English of the KJB even though I'm English speaking.  I brought a NIV bible a few months ago but I have been wondering about getting a NKJ as it seems more people on here prefer it to the NIV.

I look forward to understanding the Trinity fully.  A couple of months ago after reading lots about it I said to God that I didn't understand it properly but that I was going to have faith in it.

Thank you for your very encouraging words. :)

36 minutes ago, Lavender said:

Thank you manuelf324 for helping to clarify the Godhead for me.

Amen Praise the Lord 

If you really want clarification get a NON Catholic bible. DONT TRUST ANYONE READ THE KJV and KNOW WHATS ABSOLUTE TRUTH IS ALL ABOUT

2textlines.gif

1451559_639198116100916_2014865401_n.jpg

13 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

By the way Lavender you don't have to use the King James Bible.  You may use a translation that is easier for you to understand. I use the New King James.  

Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free 

KJV 

20 Prv  9:8  Reprove NOT A SCORNER , lest he HATE  thee: rebuke a WISE man, and he will LOVE thee

19289_610408345770050_4964192451338689066_n.jpg

10622779_10204505817179553_8534077728911364601_n.jpg

Edited by manuelf324

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Between the (kjv) and the (niv), the words (foolisnes) and (perishing),have separate meanings. One has nothing to do with the other.. (are saved),is past tence.(are being saved) sounds pending.

foolishness,

perishing,

destruction,

Completely,changes the meaning of that paraghraph,

I use the (KJV),with a Concordance........so that,I can ,

2 Tim 2:15)-Study to shew yourself approved unto God,a workman that not be ashamed,rightly dividing the Words of Truth.

Ps 42:8)-Lord, I nedd crystal clear direction.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lavender.....

It is such a Joy to talk to you,it is so wonderful that you atre so hungry & thirsty for the Word of God & to be nearer Him,,,,,,,,,we can quote you Scriptures & can give you ad vice & talk with you anytime you like and that is EXACTLY how it is with God,,,,,,,Father,Son & Holy Spirit!!!! 

Dear Sister,we are building relationships here.....me with you,you with me & so forth,with all of us and the way we do that is by talking to each other,communicating      We have the computer,words on the screen,think of the Bible as your link with God,as you talk to Him,He talks to you(by the Power of (through) His Holy Spirit     & Jesus is the WORD(Three Persons OF the GodHead Triune)........

Don't ever let the word"pray"be a stumbling block for you,,,,,,,it is 'talking" to God in many many ways,,,,,,,,in requests,in supplications,in praise,in worship,in communicating your thoughts,your heart to God   The more you communicate the more receptive you become,,,,,,,,,  you can pray formally,informally,with the Psalms,sitting,standing,kneeling,working,driving,in church,at home,,,,,,you can talk to God the Father,Jesus the Son or to the Holy Spirit          remember ,Jesus has reconciled you back to God the Father,the Trinity

Redemption through His Blood
11But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

King James Bible
Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
                                                                                                                                                Hebrews 10:19

As Morning Glory said,,,,,,,,just keep praying!!!!!!                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

5 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

20 Prv  9:8  Reprove NOT A SCORNER , lest he HATE  thee: rebuke a WISE man, and he will LOVE thee

19289_610408345770050_4964192451338689066_n.jpg

10622779_10204505817179553_8534077728911364601_n.jpg

You can go on and on all you want.  To tell people they must read the King James Version is just not true.  That is your preference but not mine.  I have a KJV that my mom and dad    gave me on my 18th birthday.  A Scofield Bible and I love it.   I"m not going to get into an argument with you.  I want people to understand what they are reading and not struggle.  The important thing is that they read it and have a relationship with God.