• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/7/2016 at 6:18 AM, gdemoss said:

God named all the animals through Adam.  And by Adam he named Eve.  God delivered the Israelites out of Egypt by Moses.  God saved some animals and Noahs family through Noah.  God saved me through Jesus.  If a mountain needs moved God will do it through whomever he chooses so run the race to win that God might work miracles through you as well.

Not saying this is what you're saying, but I have heard people use arguments that God's will is going to be done one way or the other, so no need to pray incessantly, because  what he wants will be done without the help of anyone's prayers.

However,  scripture tells us to pray without ceasing , and that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much. 

Jesus taught us to pray like the persistent Widow , who kept knocking and knocking all night at the judges door until she wore him out and got what she wanted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 5/8/2016 at 0:17 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Not saying this is what you're saying, but I have heard people use arguments that God's will is going to be done one way or the other, so no need to pray incessantly, because  what he wants will be done without the help of anyone's prayers.

However,  scripture tells us to pray without ceasing , and that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much. 

Jesus taught us to pray like the persistent Widow , who kept knocking and knocking all night at the judges door until she wore him out and got what she wanted.

I am with you.  But the other is true.  If God has said it then it must come to pass by some means.  For Jesus said that if these kept their peace that the rocks would cry out witness of him.  Isn't it wonderful to knkw we have been invited to participate?  And equally wonderful knowing that if we fail then another avenue will prevail?  We serve an awesome God.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Mark 11:21–26 (AV)
21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

1. Jesus is referring to Holy Spirit led prayer (Romans 8:26) meaning the desires he places in your heart (not the Aladdin's Lamp 

2. The fig tree Jesus cursed was symbolic of Israel / the Old Covenant (Hosea 9:10) and so are the mountain (Temple mount / verses 13-15) and sea (the world / Revelation 17:15)

3. Verses 25-26 indicate this is still under the old covenant / this condition does not exist in the new covenant which is faith in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-10)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Nothing being impossible for you is not about you (us), but God and his limitless resources and abilities to accomplish his goals.

Aligning our wills with God's will and his truth is what prayer is about and faith and submission / obedience.  Our prayers should rather be his prayers. Summed up beautifully (no surprise) by Jesus "Not my will but thy will be done."

I do not believe God faults us for "lesser" prayers filled with worldly desires... depending on his decision to grant what we ask (most often for our benefit whether he says yes or no) we'll have what we ask for. So this is not strictly about praying just what God wills (though we ought to strive for this more each day)... if you want all your desires to be grants start desiring what God desires and stop desiring anything else and you will have everything you want.

And again, God is not trying to begrudge us anything... this passages and those like it must be understood in light of the fact that God is God and we are not God and all things he desires will (eventually) be. And if we get onboard with his desires we will share in the joy and the peace and the satisfaction only God could otherwise have under these circumstances.