• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

Matt 17

17 “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

What do you think?  If we believe without doubting can we move a mountain?  Do you believe it was obstacles in a figurative sense or do you think when he says "nothing" will be impossible for you it means NOTHING?

This is my favorite verse regarding unanswered prayer because God made it extra clear he wanted me to read that.  I had just read that chapter in my cell and as soon as the door popped I walked outside and heard an inmate reading to Bible to another.  It was precisely that verse:

James 1

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Spidey.....

I certainly do believe it was a literal mountain Jesus was referring to & I do believe as the Title says"NOTHING is impossible with God!" Excellent! Praise the Lord      I ALSO believe that those mountains can be any obstacle set before us(figuratively)   health issues,finances etc,,,, & any opposition                                     With Love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Spidey.....

I certainly do believe it was a literal mountain Jesus was referring to & I do believe as the Title says"NOTHING is impossible with God!" Excellent! Praise the Lord      I ALSO believe that those mountains can be any obstacle set before us(figuratively)   health issues,finances etc,,,, & any opposition                                     With Love-in Christ,Kwik

So, we cant just expect God to move the mountain though right....we have to exercise unshakable faith with no doubt for him to do it?

So, we can pray for him to give us that faith but I suppose we have to work out our faith muscles as it were or whatever practices we can do to strengthen our ability to pray and believe something will happen.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Well,"He IS ABLE",,,,,,,remember the story about Meshack,Shadrack & Abedniggo,,?,,,,,,,,,,,(pardon my spelling),,,,,,,,I don't know WHAT they expected God to do but they certainly made it known that they KNEW,God IS ABLE!!!!     And look what God did?!

You see,God IS ABLE to do anything & we don't really know when He may step in & move that mountain or how He may move it,,,,,,,But He can,,,,,,,,,,,,& yes,to exercise those FAITH muscles God gave us the formula,,,,,,,

King James Bible
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.          Romans 10:17

Does this mean you have more faith than I,I have not enough? No,not at all,,,,,,it means what we do have can be strengthened & firmly established in Gods Word!!!!!!    The Power of the Holy Spirit is the SAME Power that raised Jesus from the dead,,,,,,,I do not have more,you do not have less,,,,,,,,,,theres no weaker & stronger dial,or meter on that Power,,,,,just BELIEVE & Trust God & get firmly planted & rooted in Him,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

Remember that Gods Power,His Miracles & His Awesome Mighty Works are not contingent on what you do ,,,,,,,,,,it is what Jesus has already done!                                Love,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

56 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

So, we cant just expect God to move the mountain though right....we have to exercise unshakable faith with no doubt for him to do it?

So, we can pray for him to give us that faith but I suppose we have to work out our faith muscles as it were or whatever practices we can do to strengthen our ability to pray and believe something will happen.

Now you've got it, Spiderman.  We have to do our part too.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/12/2016 at 2:57 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Spidey.....

Amen Kwik, an amazing testimony of our God's Great ability to literally move mountains!  How can we not praise Him!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

How can people question the Bible?  It is God's word.

Excellent -  Faith isn't faith until it's all your holding on to.

Don't forget Mother's Day is May 8th!  Its early this year so don't forget MOM!!!  All moms, grandma's and all the special women in your life will appreciate your thoughtfulness on this special day which celebrates WOMEN.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I claim promises and pray them.  Moses prayed God's promises.  But I think they are faith builders for us more than anything.  We know we are praying according to God's will when we pray His Word.