IGNORED

Christians at what point is one saved? At the point where new Hope/Faith is birthed, or at the point of Baptism?

psalmone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

Well, the Bible tells us three things about Nicodemus - all in the book of John.

Nicodemus was a Pharisee.  He was a member of the group that wanted Jesus dead, but he secretly did not want this.  The Pharisees and the Sadducees were sort of like the Republicans and Democrats of today.  The Pharisees were conservative and believed in an after-life.  The Sadducees were more liberal and believed that death was death - no after-life.  The two groups differed on other matters, but together, they made up the legal body called the Sanhedrin.

John 3 - Because Nicodemus believes in the after-life, he comes to Jesus by night (in secret) to talk to him about how to inherit eternal life.  The Pharisees believed it was all about keeping the "rules".  Do this - don't do that.  They were so wrong.  Jesus explained to him about being born again and the new birth.

John 7 - Nicodemus tries to keep his Pharisee brothers from trying to destroying Jesus with their false judgments by telling them that their law demands that a person have a fair hearing.

John 19 - We see that Nicodemus, led by Joseph of Arimathea, took Jesus' body down from the cross, cleaned him, bound his body with linens, anointed his body with many pounds of spices, and buried him.

Thank you, that,s was very informative.

I am trying to figure out Necodemus, guilty consius, did Nicodemus had any sins?

Did he discuss about sins with Jesus, and how about his parents, did he knew who his parents were, and what was their background, something about his parents. 

Thank you in advance, and your patience, and your love for Jesus.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you, that,s was very informative.

I am trying to figure out Necodemus, guilty consius, did Nicodemus had any sins?

Did he discuss about sins with Jesus, and how about his parents, did he knew who his parents were, and what was their background, something about his parents. 

Thank you in advance, and your patience, and your love for Jesus.

I'm going to print Nicodemus' and Jesus' entire conversation from John.  Yes, Nicodemus had sin in his life.  The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  The Bible doesn't say anything about his parents.

I think, from the reading, that Nicodemus came to Jesus because he was convicted that Jesus was telling the truth about salvation, himself, and God.

John 3:1-15 -

[1] Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. [2] This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him. [3] Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born againhe cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” [5] Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘Youmust be born again.’ [8] The windblows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

[9] Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” [10] Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? [11] Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but youdo not receive our testimony. [12] If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, [15] that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I'm going to print Nicodemus' and Jesus' entire conversation from John.  Yes, Nicodemus had sin in his life.  The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  The Bible doesn't say anything about his parents.

I think, from the reading, that Nicodemus came to Jesus because he was convicted that Jesus was telling the truth about salvation, himself, and God.

John 3:1-15 -

[1] Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. [2] This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him. [3] Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born againhe cannot see the kingdom of God. [4] Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” [5] Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘Youmust be born again.’ [8] The windblows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

[9] Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” [10] Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? [11] Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but youdo not receive our testimony. [12] If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, [15] that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

I think that I did not make my self clear. The question was not whether Nicodemus was sinless his entire life, but rather as a Jew he had forgiveness of sins through the requirements of the Law of Moses, and the Attonment......

For Jesus must have seen him of been upright to the righteousness of the Law.

For he never judge his righteousness and obedience to the Law, but Jesus rather acknowledge his right standing as a Jew and possitivily commented by telling him: you have everything that is ask from you according to the Law, you are in full obedience, but that it is not enough to see the Kingdom or to enter the Kingdom of God. 

For is a deferent thing to see the Kingdom from without than to see the Kingdom from within. 

What was the propose of the visit of Nicodemus, for before Nicodemus finish with his introduction, Jesus took over the conversation? 

Was his visit about sins, did Jesus mention anything about sins? 

What was the propose of his visit?

What did Nicodemus wanted to know about?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I think that I did not make my self clear. ...........

What was the propose of the visit of Nicodemus, for before Nicodemus finish with his introduction, Jesus took over the conversation? 

Thank you for clarifying.  I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

In John 2,  the chapter before Nicodemus comes to Jesus, Jesus is in Jerusalem, cleansing the Temple, and talking to the Jewish leaders at the Temple, and performing signs and many believed.

Nicodemus had to have seen all of that and this is why he comes to Jesus - he wants to know more.  He knows this man Jesus had to be of God because of the "signs" Jesus is performing it says.

Yes, Jesus talks to Nicodemus about sin.  He doesn't use that word, per se, but he talk about judgment, wicked things, loving darkness and evil, and condemnation of people and how God will save them from it.

The rest of their conversation, well, Jesus' finishing the conversation is in verses 16-21.

[16] "For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. [18] Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. [19] And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. [20] For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. [21] But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

8 hours ago, Jayne said:

Well, the Bible tells us three things about Nicodemus - all in the book of John.

Nicodemus was a Pharisee.  He was a member of the group that wanted Jesus dead, but he secretly did not want this.  The Pharisees and the Sadducees were sort of like the Republicans and Democrats of today.  The Pharisees were conservative and believed in an after-life.  The Sadducees were more liberal and believed that death was death - no after-life.  The two groups differed on other matters, but together, they made up the legal body called the Sanhedrin.

John 3 - Because Nicodemus believes in the after-life, he comes to Jesus by night (in secret) to talk to him about how to inherit eternal life.  The Pharisees believed it was all about keeping the "rules".  Do this - don't do that.  They were so wrong.  Jesus explained to him about being born again and the new birth.

John 7 - Nicodemus tries to keep his Pharisee brothers from trying to destroying Jesus with their false judgments by telling them that their law demands that a person have a fair hearing.

John 19 - We see that Nicodemus, led by Joseph of Arimathea, took Jesus' body down from the cross, cleaned him, bound his body with linens, anointed his body with many pounds of spices, and buried him.

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I think that I did not make my self clear. The question was not whether Nicodemus was sinless his entire life, but rather as a Jew he had forgiveness of sins through the requirements of the Law of Moses, and the Attonment......

For Jesus must have seen him of been upright to the righteousness of the Law.

For he never judge his righteousness and obedience to the Law, but Jesus rather acknowledge his right standing as a Jew and possitivily commented by telling him: you have everything that is ask from you according to the Law, you are in full obedience, but that it is not enough to see the Kingdom or to enter the Kingdom of God. 

For is a deferent thing to see the Kingdom from without than to see the Kingdom from within. 

I hope these verses might help. I do think this portion concerns refusal to accept both Johns preaching, as well as Christs. In both word and deed.

1. John's ministry in his baptism

Ac 13:24  When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

2. John's baptism continues to be preached during Christs ministry

Jo 4:1  When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2  (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Mt 3:9  And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Lu 3:8  Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

3. John's baptism prepared the way, to believe on Christ

Ac 19:1  And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2  He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3  And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism.
4  Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Lu 7:30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Joh 15:22  If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Ac 18:25  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

I think Jesus was speaking of being born of the holy spirit, not just born of the flesh ( Abraham's seed).

neither Jew nor Gentile

Ga 3:29  And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I hope this helps with what you are looking for.