MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In my opinion, one cannot live a good life and live morally with no foundation.  I NEED God to be there for me, to guide me and to assure me eternal life.  What are y'all's opinions on this?  Apparently, the 'nones' still feel they have to hide their lack of belief.  Is that true?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/religiously-unaffiliated-morality_us_57164a51e4b0018f9cbb1c7a?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 20/04/2016 at 3:50 PM, MorningGlory said:

I NEED God to be there for me, to guide me and to assure me eternal life. 

As Jesus said to the Rich Young Ruler "There is none good but God".  Paul backed that up with "There is none righteous no not one".  Genuine righteousness must come from God, and produce goodness or morality.

That does not mean that people without Christ cannot obey their conscience, or be moral people. But regardless of all their good thoughts and deeds, God sees them as lost, blind, naked, and miserable, and in need of the righteousness of Christ.  Without the imputed righteousness of Christ, none can enter Heaven, and none can have eternal life.

43 minutes ago, Ezra said:

As Jesus said to the Rich Young Ruler "There is none good but God".  Paul backed that up with "There is none righteous no not one".  Genuine righteousness must come from God, and produce goodness or morality.

That does not mean that people without Christ cannot obey their conscience, or be moral people. But regardless of all their good thoughts and deeds, God sees them as lost, blind, naked, and miserable, and in need of the righteousness of Christ.  Without the imputed righteousness of Christ, none can enter Heaven, and none can have eternal life.

I hate to think of good, moral people being sent to hell because they don't know God or have rejected Him.  But that's exactly what will happen to them.  I don't know what the answer is or even if there is one.  Maybe it's all part of His plan?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I hate to think of good, moral people being sent to hell because they don't know God or have rejected Him. 

Yes, MG, that is definitely a huge tragedy, and the only answer is the full and true Gospel.  And even then, multitudes will reject the Gospel and reject Christ.  But as long as we have presented the totality of the Gospel (which includes eternal Hell) to as many as we possibly can, we must leave the rest to God.  

If every Christian shares the Gospel with his circle of friends and neighbours (as well as the district and town or city in which he or she lives), and also encourages missionaries in other lands, that is all that God expects.  Even directing unbelievers to the Bible on the internet should count for something, since they can then see the true Gospel for themselves.  It is not God's will that a single person go to Hell, but people must choose Christ in this life.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:16 PM, Ezra said:

Yes, MG, that is definitely a huge tragedy, and the only answer is the full and true Gospel.  And even then, multitudes will reject the Gospel and reject Christ.  But as long as we have presented the totality of the Gospel (which includes eternal Hell) to as many as we possibly can, we must leave the rest to God.  

If every Christian shares the Gospel with his circle of friends and neighbours (as well as the district and town or city in which he or she lives), and also encourages missionaries in other lands, that is all that God expects.  Even directing unbelievers to the Bible on the internet should count for something, since they can then see the true Gospel for themselves.  It is not God's will that a single person go to Hell, but people must choose Christ in this life.

This is something I'm not able to get my head around.  I've never understood how, when presented with the truth, people just can't see.  Are they unable to see or is satan preventing them from doing so?  It simply makes no sense to me whatsoever.  I think that nonbelievers can be good people but that won't keep them out of hell.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Many non Christians live a good and prosperous life on this earth without Christ.They believe they have achieved this success on their own.  While some who are born again believers can have all kind of trials and tribulations. This is a very short journey that we are taking on this earth. When the born again Christian dies and/or is raptured they will have an eternity with God. That eternity will be beyond our wildest dreams and amazing. An eternity will last forever and ever and will never end. When the rapture of the Church occurs that non Christian will have to experience seven years of hell on earth that will kill billions. When the non believer dies their soul will immediately be sent to Hades and they will experience hell which is the worst nightmare that anyone could ever image. An eternity in hell in torment that will last forever and ever and it will never end. So I would conclude that the born again believer has the advantage. Wouldn't you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

This is something I'm not able to get my head around.  I've never understood how, when presented with the truth, people just can't see.  Are they unable to see or is satan preventing them from doing so?  It simply makes no sense to me whatsoever.  I think that nonbelievers can be good people but that won't keep them out of hell.

it is exactly like you suggest. 

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,
so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) 

and it is like the parable of the man who went away to be made king, and left his servants with some money - the one who only buried his coin, instead of putting it to use or investing it to at least gain interest, had it taken away and given to the one who had ten coins - Jesus teaches us that those who have little, even what they have will be taken away. (re: Luke 19:11-27)

it is like why He taught in parables - so that those to whom He has revealed truth, will gain more understanding, and those whose eyes have been blinded will lose even more. (re: Mark 4:10-12, Luke 8:9-10)

when i began to understand this, i started to have pity and compassion for people instead of resentment towards them. 
you remind me that i need to remember that, and continue that way - which is expressing love for others instead of vainty! 
thank you!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Is this what they call new age.

4 hours ago, post said:

it is exactly like you suggest. 

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,
so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) 

and it is like the parable of the man who went away to be made king, and left his servants with some money - the one who only buried his coin, instead of putting it to use or investing it to at least gain interest, had it taken away and given to the one who had ten coins - Jesus teaches us that those who have little, even what they have will be taken away. (re: Luke 19:11-27)

it is like why He taught in parables - so that those to whom He has revealed truth, will gain more understanding, and those whose eyes have been blinded will lose even more. (re: Mark 4:10-12, Luke 8:9-10)

when i began to understand this, i started to have pity and compassion for people instead of resentment towards them. 
you remind me that i need to remember that, and continue that way - which is expressing love for others instead of vainty! 
thank you!!

Well, I don't know how I did that but, if it benefits you, then I'm glad I did it.  :)

57 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Is this what they call new age.

No, this thread is just about nonbelievers sometimes being 'good' people but lacking the truth of God.