T.lehin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I broke up with my 10 months old boyfriend exactly 1 week ago. I've liked him for five years and loved him for a year now. And i still do. He repeatedly told a lie and so because we are in a long distance relationship, I was finding it hard to trust him. I thought I couldn't get over the lie, so I broke up with him a week later I found out about the lie. But now, I've gotten over the lie, and I've tried to apologize and apologize, but he said he doesn't want the relationship anymore. I keep wondering if it was because I broke up with him or because the distance was already putting a toll on us. I don't know what to do. I feel like I threw one of the best things that happened to me away because I wasn't patient enough. I keep telling myself that I didn't do anything that terrible and that if he really loved me, he would be here now since I already apologized. But I wonder if that's true. I need to get over him. How can I? I've been praying. I have an important exams in few months time, I need to be okay. Is he worth thinking about?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Hi TJ, 

I am sorry that you are struggling with this right now, but I think you did the right thing.  Sometimes doing the right thing is hard, but if you felt like you couldn't trust him, and then found out why you were feeling this way, then I think you did the right thing in ending the relationship.  

That doesn't mean it is always easy to forget and whether it is worth it or not to keep thinking about him, chances are you will until there is some way to resolve the experience.  So, it is okay to still think about him even if you don't resume the relationship.  Keep seeking Jesus, He will help you understand how this was in your best interest and continue moving forward.  

Thank you Esther. It's just that I'm regretting. That I took a small issue too far. Because the lie didn't have anything to do with our relationship. And I keep wondering if he wanted a break up all along. Because I really apologized. And he knows how much I love him. Thank you. I just have to hope that all things will work together for my good. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Relationships are built upon trust...perhaps its a good thing it is over.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

Relationships are built upon trust...perhaps its a good thing it is over.

I would absolutely agree with my brother Patriot.  It is all about trust and long distance is not a good thing for building any kind of a life on.  God has something so much better for you.    Wait, Be still and know that He is God.

Blessing RustyAngeL 

9 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I would absolutely agree with my brother Patriot.  It is all about trust and long distance is not a good thing for building any kind of a life on.  God has something so much better for you.    Wait, Be still and know that He is God.

Blessing RustyAngeL 

Thank you so much. I really thank God for this forum. I am finally coming at peace with everything. Few hours ago, I did not even have enough faith that i could have this much faith. thank you everyone. God bless you all mightily.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The Year of the Lord's Favor

Isa 61:1  The Lord Yahweh’s Spirit is on me; because Yahweh has anointed me to preach good news to the humble. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to those who are bound;

Isa 61:2  to proclaim the year of Yahweh’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;

Isa 61:3  to provide for those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, that he may be glorified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hi T.lehin.

I am married to the same wife for over 44 years. We have two children, five grandchildren and three great grand children. My wife and I fell in love at first site and we have remained faithful to each other all these years by never telling each other lies, even though the truth sometimes hurt either one of us deeply.

You wrote;

" He repeatedly told a lie and so because we are in a long distance relationship, I was finding it hard to trust him. "

You made the break because of his lies, then you apologised, he refuses to accept your apology, so now you need to get on with your life and try and forget this relationship. You have your whole life ahead of you and you will meet another who you can trust.

Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

God bless and keep you forever, "AND" God bless your exams with a great result.

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Hi T.lehin.

I am married to the same wife for over 44 years. We have two children, five grandchildren and three great grand children. My wife and I fell in love at first site and we have remained faithful to each other all these years by never telling each other lies, even though the truth sometimes hurt either one of us deeply.

You wrote;

You made the break because of his lies, then you apologised, he refuses to accept your apology, so now you need to get on with your life and try and forget this relationship. You have your whole life ahead of you and you will meet another who you can trust.

Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

God bless and keep you forever, "AND" God bless your exams with a great result.

Hi Hazard,

thank you so so much for this. Your testimony about your marriage encouraged me, and the bible verse inspired me. God bless you. I am learning to trust God now. I feel more at peace with the whole thing. God bless you immensely. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Pray about this, perhaps you are feeling it was a small lie as to not lose him. If someone lies, and trust is broken...don't sweep that under the carpet. Be careful that what you may feel isn't just that you miss him, and you're willing to accept bad behaviors in order to have the relationship. That happens a lot. Praying for you. Break ups are hard, no matter what. :emot-heartbeat: