IGNORED

Difference between Messianic Jews and Christians

SIC

1 hour ago, George said:

So if He's coming back as King of the Jews, then this passage makes sense --

Act 1:6  Then, indeed, these coming together, they asked Him, saying, Lord, do You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel? 
Act 1:7  And He said to them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in His own authority. 

So the future Kingdom is that of ISRAEL.

Thus it;s not Jews GRAFTED into "Christianity", but rather "Gentiles" GRAFTED into ISRAEL.

Eph 2:12  and that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. 
Eph 2:13  But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ. 
Eph 2:14  For He is our peace, He making us both one, and He has broken down the middle wall of partition between us, 
Eph 2:15  having abolished in His flesh the enmity (the Law of commandments contained in ordinances) so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, making peace between them; 
Eph 2:16  and so that He might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity in Himself. 

The LORD's heart was to reconcile both Jew and Gentile into His vision of ISRAEL!  Perhaps this thread should work toward that END!

The same word is used in the Greek for added, and joined

added in acts 2:47, as well as those levites which were joined to the priesthood in numb 18:2 and 18:4...........

Ac 2:47  Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Nu 18:2  And thy brethren also of the tribe of Levi, the tribe of thy father, bring thou with thee, that they may be joined unto thee, and minister unto thee: but thou and thy sons with thee shall minister before the tabernacle of witness.
Nu 18:4  And they shall be joined unto thee, and keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation, for all the service of the tabernacle: and a stranger shall not come nigh unto you.

Also note those not joined or added to the priesthood were STRANGERS. As Ephesians speaks of as well.

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Lu 21:12  But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.
Ac 9:15  But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Re 10:11  And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

1Ti 6:15  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
Re 17:14  These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Re 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS

A royal priesthood, according to the order of MELCHIZEDEK...............

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Ogner said:

My primary language is Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit speaks English to me. He speaks in a way which is very understandable as He desires that I learn and understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

SIC,

Mark Kinzer is one person who is a Messianic Jew but most Messianic Jews disagree with some of his views. He is very controversial in Messianic Judaism. So, I would never recommend reading Kinzer to gain an understanding of Messianic Judaism.

13 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

SIC,

Mark Kinzer is one person who is a Messianic Jew but most Messianic Jews disagree with some of his views. He is very controversial in Messianic Judaism. So, I would never recommend reading Kinzer to gain an understanding of Messianic Judaism.

I will look to official scholars and leaders within the movement. Mark's book on this subject is advertised on the umjc site, as well as the messianic Jewish rabbinical council. he is also of course not without affiliation with the imaacs and mjaa.

Rabbi Mark Kinzer Releases New Book

MJRC Rabbi Dr. Mark Kinzer has just released Searching Her Own Mystery, which promises to become a major resource in Messianic Jewish dialogue with the Roman Catholic Church and the Christian world in general. Rabbi Kinzer argues that the Church has yet to explore adequately the implications of the seminal Catholic document Nostra Aetate for Christian self-understanding. The publication announcement from Cascade Books states:

The new Catholic teaching concerning Israel should produce fresh perspectives on the entire range of Christian theology, including Christology, ecclesiology, and the theology of the sacraments. To this end, Kinzer proposes an Israel-ecclesiology rooted in Israel-Christology in which a restored ecclesia ex circumcisione—the “church from the circumcision”—assumes a crucial role as a sacramental sign of the Church’s bond with the Jewish people and genealogical-Israel’s irrevocable election

And from the rabbinical council his credentials

Dr. Kinzer is Rabbi of Congregation Zera Avraham in Ann Arbor, Michigan, President Emeritus of Messianic Jewish Theological Institute, and former chairman of the UMJC Theology Committee.

His credentials within the movement speak for itself. I do not know who you speak for, no disrespect intended Qnts.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/28/2016 at 0:01 AM, SIC said:

I'd like some clarification/explanation on what precisely is the difference between Messianic Judaism and Evangelical Christianity?

I'd prefer descriptive rather normative answers. Thank you

~

As I Understand It

But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people." Acts 21:39 (New American Standard Bible)

The Messianic Jew Is One Who Follows The Messiah

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:25-27 (King James Version)

One Who Follows Jesus,

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21 (English Standard Version)

The LORD Jesus, Both Forever A Jew

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luke 1:30-33 (King James Version)

And The Creator Of Everything

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9 (American King James Version)

And My LORD And My God

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28 (King James Version)

~

The Musings

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God's power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Of An Evangelical Christian

For he is our peace who made the two one, and he destroyed the wall that was standing in the middle. And he has canceled the hatred by his flesh and the law of commands in his commandments, that for the two, he would create in his Person one new man, and he has made peace. And he has reconciled the two with God in one body, and in his crucifixion he has killed the hatred. Ephesians 2:14-16 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

And I Love HIM So

And he came preaching The News of Peace to you, to the distant ones and to those who are near, Because in him, we both have access by One Spirit to The Father. Ephesians 2:17-18 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

For me, the understanding that Jesus is coming back as a Jewish High Priest -- I say Jewish -- because He's not coming back to celebrate Christmas!  He's coming back to celebrate all of God's Biblical Feasts that point to Himself.  If you look in Ezekiel 40-48, in the Temple to come, we'll be celebrating Shabbat, the New Moon, Passover, and the Feast of Tabernacles.  Those are the feasts celebrated in the Kingdom to come!  While "unbelieving" Jews have yet to come into the Kingdom, the promise in the Word is that they will enter in -- as they come to faith through their JEWISH Messiah -- and at the same time -- Gentiles -- are grafted into the Kingdom -- in their JEWISH Messiah -- as the Lord sets up what He always planned to establish -- a PEOPLE for Himself -- which He termed ISRAEL.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

10 minutes ago, George said:

For me, the understanding that Jesus is coming back as a Jewish High Priest -- I say Jewish -- because He's not coming back to celebrate Christmas!  He's coming back to celebrate all of God's Biblical Feasts that point to Himself.  If you look in Ezekiel 40-48, in the Temple to come, we'll be celebrating Shabbat, the New Moon, Passover, and the Feast of Tabernacles.  Those are the feasts celebrated in the Kingdom to come!  While "unbelieving" Jews have yet to come into the Kingdom, the promise in the Word is that they will enter in -- as they come to faith through their JEWISH Messiah -- and at the same time -- Gentiles -- are grafted into the Kingdom -- in their JEWISH Messiah -- as the Lord sets up what He always planned to establish -- a PEOPLE for Himself -- which He termed ISRAEL.

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

2 hours ago, George said:

So ok I wish to ask this. If a Gentile believer walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Will he welcomed as a brother in Christ or spurned as Gentile?????

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

11 minutes ago, SIC said:

So ok I wish to ask this. If a Gentile believer walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Will he welcomed as a brother in Christ or spurned as Gentile?????

There's some serious issues with "some" Messianic groups, as I've often found that "Yeshua" is welcomed, but "Jesus" is not!  But this is a separate issue.

The reality is the Messianic movement has a WAYS to go, as well as Christians, have a way to go!  We're all growing towards the goal of the "Kingdom" the Lord is establishing when He returns!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, SIC said:

I go to a Messianic congregation and Im a gentile believer in Jesus Messiah. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ.