• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, WilliamL said:

So you also dodged the question. If one cannot provide substantive evidence to support one's own position, one should not act so sure that some other position is incorrect.

Every part of this passage about the vision of the Woman has a specific meaning: God does not waste words. A patchwork-quilt eschatology --with some patches missing -- is a highly suspect eschatology.

If you want to attach a meaning to every detail, you have to make sure your interpretation makes sense. Unfortunately, yours does not. I prefer my simple explanation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Sometimes I wonder why I start threads.... I'm still no wiser as to the circumstances surrounding Michael standing up.... but I do seem to have done something else.

textmining-worms-copy.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Sometimes I wonder why I start threads.... I'm still no wiser as to the circumstances surrounding Michael standing up.... but I do seem to have done something else.

The signal to us when Michael stands up for His people, is the last verse in chapter 11, the power that has its "tabernacles" in the "glorious holy mountain." 

There is no Jewish temple there, just a foundation wall where it used to stand. Many people love to beat the Jewish temple drum, but it is all imaginary, and not even prophecied.

The "tabernacles" "in the glorious holy mountain" are not Jewish, but Islamic. There have been well over 15 Muslim mosques in Jerusalem since mid 600 AD. And today there are a dozen or so standing, including the main one on the holy rock.

But the text says, "tabernacles of his palace" A palace is indicative of royalty or Kingship, or the political/ military aspect of rule. "Tabernacle" is a place of worship in the context of the Biblical use. But even if we just use the meaning of a shelter, we realize that the political aspect of this power is under the cover of something else.

Muslims ruled in the name and under the cover of their religion, and their prophet and so forth. The battles they fought and ground they controlled, were for Islam. This went on for centuries during the reign of the Papacy, and it even surpassed the time of Papal reign with the Ottoman Empire.

But in modern times, Islamic controlled territory has been diminishing world wide, and the Bible predicts that it will come to an end, due to the complete lack of support.

When the Islamic world ends, then Michael will stand up for His people. But it is far too late to get ready for Christ's return then.

Who are those people that Christ will stand up for? The ones who did not receive the mark of the beast. Indeed, it is the beast which is in the business of ending Islam, but in such a way, that Islamic independence and militancy called terrorism, is used as the excuse to encroach on every human freedom, through draconian laws, in the name of peace and safety. See its style in Daniel 8:25.

"But when they shall say peace and safety - sudden destruction will come upon them" - Jesus will stand up, not as a priest as He is now, but as a warlord, and the plagues of God's wrath will fall on those who have the mark of the beast, which will practically be the entire world. 

The time of trouble is not some tribulation by an Antichrist figure, but the wrath of God, right before the skies and the earth melts at His presence. Verse 2 shows that it is the time of the resurrection which happens on that day. There is no such thing as the rapture, if you wait for that it will be too late to repent. we need to be ready now, because Islam is coming to an end.