• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

13 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The other things i read in your post  sounds unbelievable, and I don't think that will ever happen and it is not biblical.

not sure how you can say the resurrection "not biblical" ? 

or am i misunderstanding you . . ? 

• Group:  Diamond Member

i got all the way to the third page and hadn't really seen it yet, but perhaps Joe addressed it finally, and Openly Curious both, by pointing to a very relevant chapter ((Romans 6.. really also 7, and 8, and.. o read the whole book. several times. several times per week.)) -- though perhaps by only quoting scripture and pointing to it, they didn't make it clear: 

anyone who is "
alive in Christ" is also "dead in Christ
it is because we die with Him, that we also live with Him, and will be raised from the dead as He was. 
this is a very central part of the gospel; it is exactly how we take part in Him: we are crucified with Him. baptism is a picture of this, as though we are drowned, being immersed in Him in His death, and then raise up, a new life. see also Galatians 2:20 where it is said succinctly: "
i no longer live, but Christ lives in me" no longer live = dead, and that's in Christ. so that through Him, we live :wub: 

. .  that, and like everyone else has told you, the phrase "
dead in Christ" ((i assume)) you are referring to is in 1 Thessalonians 4:16, and it means those whose earthly life is over already when Christ returns. if you would simply read verse 17, since it is actually one complete sentence, you would see that group contrasted with "we who are alive and remain" and it should be quite clear what this is talking about.

so . . um, was that it? 
all you had to do was read the rest of the sentence that phrase is quoted from? :huh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

X

Hello PH, thank you responce.

I congratulate you for saying that we are alive in Christ all the time and that he is with us when we are here alive on earth, and then we go to be where he is, after we leave this earthly vessel.

The other things i read in your post  sounds unbelievable, and I don't think that will ever happen and it is not biblical. Neither it is possible, and I don't think the people who spread them they believe it.

Your welcome

I am not sure what you have a problem with, or why. I can't really counter your argument without anything to base it on. Would you mind adding specifics? It seems to me that you are having a problem with the whole idea of the Rapture. 

My last sentence was also just a joke, so don't take it seriously.

Edited by PlasmaHam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, post said:

not sure how you can say the resurrection "not Biblical" ? 

or am i misunderstanding you . . ? 

Hello post, you are a good brother and I do read your posts.

Neither me or PH mention the word resuraction, but we were talking about something like, not possible to happen, to get dust back together, and I can prove it, thats why I said it is not in the scriptures, cause I can prove it with sound scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Neither me or PH mention the word resuraction, but we were talking about something like, not possible to happen, to get dust back together, and I can prove it, thats why I said it is not in the scriptures, cause I can prove it with sound scripture.

raising of the dead = resurrection, right? 

as far as getting dust back together, 
well, 
He made man from dust once; do you not believe He can do it again? ^_^

8 minutes ago, PlasmaHam said:

Your welcome

I am not sure what you have a problem with, or why. I can't really counter your argument without anything to base it on. Would you mind adding specifics? It seems to me that you are having a problem with the whole idea of the Rapture. 

My last sentence was also just a joke, so don't take it seriously.

Hello PH, I am glad you respond and that what I am looking for an exchange of information, if you can imagine the process for that to happen, please discribe. 

We don't need to taulk about "_rapture" but the process of putting the dust together. Please and God bless.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Neither me or PH mention the word resurrection, but we were talking about something like, not possible to happen, to get dust back together, and I can prove it, thats why I said it is not in the scriptures, cause I can prove it with sound scripture.

:emot-heartbeat:

My Faith

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.

And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God,

whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.

My heart faints within me! Job 19:25-27 (English Standard Version)

And His Power

So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does. The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. And to your amazement, He will show Him even greater works than these. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom He wishes.

Furthermore, the Father judges no one, but has assigned all judgment to the Son, so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:19-24 (Berean Study Bible)

9 minutes ago, post said:

raising of the dead = resurrection, right? 

as far as getting dust back together, 
well, 
He made man from dust once; do you not believe He can do it again? ^_^

Hello post, you raised two issues.

a) raising of the dead,

b) he made man from dust once,

I was anticipating both questions and I may say something now.

Regarding (a), I believe Jesus said " the dead will raise first".

I would like to know if we are on the same mind with this first before I say anything. 

I don't know the scripture, but I do believe Jesus say that:

Regarding the (b), I would like that on your own go through to what happen in Gen. and the process you are suggesting it will happen again and you will see it is not the same, the word is, one is distinguished from the other, not the same facts to support the argument. Get back to you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello PH, I am glad you respond and that what I am looking for an exchange of information, if you can imagine the process for that to happen, please discribe. 

We don't need to taulk about "_rapture" but the process of putting the dust together. Please and God bless.

I am still confused to what you are asking about. I have given my position in good detail, yet I am not sure of yours. From your earlier comment, you seemed to have expressed disbelief in everything I have stated, which included the rapture and the end times. I don't know how to adequately respond to your claims, because I have no idea what your claims are.

If you are talking about God putting the dust of the dead back together, why can't God do that? He made a living breathing creature out of dust,  I don't know what is prohibiting him from doing the same again.  

36 minutes ago, post said:

i got all the way to the third page and hadn't really seen it yet, but perhaps Joe addressed it finally, and Openly Curious both, by pointing to a very relevant chapter ((Romans 6.. really also 7, and 8, and.. o read the whole book. several times. several times per week.)) -- though perhaps by only quoting scripture and pointing to it, they didn't make it clear: 

anyone who is "
alive in Christ" is also "dead in Christ
it is because we die with Him, that we also live with Him, and will be raised from the dead as He was. 
this is a very central part of the gospel; it is exactly how we take part in Him: we are crucified with Him. baptism is a picture of this, as though we are drowned, being immersed in Him in His death, and then raise up, a new life. see also Galatians 2:20 where it is said succinctly: "
i no longer live, but Christ lives in me" no longer live = dead, and that's in Christ. so that through Him, we live :wub: 

. .  that, and like everyone else has told you, the phrase "
dead in Christ" ((i assume)) you are referring to is in 1 Thessalonians 4:16, and it means those whose earthly life is over already when Christ returns. if you would simply read verse 17, since it is actually one complete sentence, you would see that group contrasted with "we who are alive and remain" and it should be quite clear what this is talking about.

so . . um, was that it? 
all you had to do was read the rest of the sentence that phrase is quoted from? :huh:

Hello Post, I am not quite sure how did you get the idea that Paul died with Christ on the Cross or that "we are dead with Christ on the Cross with him". 

While it is Paul's comments, it is not that Paul meant it the way you put, 

For Jesus died alone, to die alone is the heart of the Gospel, and alone he went to the prison " Hades", for three days. Jesus died alone.