IGNORED

Christian, can you give an answer for what you believe per 2 Pet. 3.15, 16?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Allow me to state, gentle brethren, that at one time apart from select sections of the Bible, I could not biblically answer. The danger of the Pentecostal system is that the "second blessing" of gibberish means the scriptures are chronically neglected. If you talk a good talk, it is supremely easy to get away with the crime of not walking the walk in that movement. Did not Jesus, who said "I and my Father are one," Jn. 5.17 after healing the impotent man, say also to strive to enter in at the staight gate, Mt. 7.13-14, Lk. 13.24?

This sadly applies to many, many apostate churches too numerous to list. Yes, though God redeemed His servant while in that unscriptural movement, soon I began to realize the beyond-the-Holy Bible practice was insufficient. 

Allow me to state an example. Many Jews, which manifest only in 2 Ki. 16.6 thousands of years after Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Ishmael, reject the Old Testament for what Mishna Tractate Hagiga i states are mountians hanging on hair; the Lord Jesus, the King of Israel in Mt. 15 or Mk. 7.9 showed the hypocrisy of these cabalistic and talmudic writings He called "the traditions of the elders".

However, because the Talmud teaches in many places against the NT (saying it should be burned whenever possible), many brainwashed Jews will not hear the NT. Dear Christian friend, can you go to the law and prophets to show why Christ is the Deut. 18 Prophet, the Gen. 49 Scepter (shebet), the Num. 24 Star, the Virgin-born Immanuel of Isa. 7.14 from David's line, sealed in a salt covenant forever? Can you tell them He is the Govenor of Bethlehem "from of old, from everlasting", Mic. 5.2? Do you know to show them the Psa. 22.16 and Zech. 12.10, 13.6 (it should read "hands" per Strong's Hebrew #3027 yad) prophecies of the Messiah's hands and feet? These are the very appendages Jesus prophecied his countrymen would peirce, and whom Peter in multitudinous places in Acts (2.36) as well as Paul in the second Thessalonian letter crucified the Lord. Yet, glory for the about 3000 saved that day, then 5000 who believed and were baptized after repentant quickening, being added to the church. They said, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" Friend, can you show them like Philip the evangelist did the Ethiopian eunuch under Candace from the old testament; shall you show them what they reject for signs, what the Greeks call foolishness is the power of God unto salvation, Rom. 1.16-17, 1 Cor. 18-30, the "gospel of Christ"? If not, o thou sluggish Christian friend, how shall you satisfy the command to preach repentance and remission of sins through the Door, the Redeemer, the only Potentate of 1 Tim. 6.15?

Can you prove your faith from the OT? If not, what are you doing in your lesuire; why not incorporate scriptural study into chastening the soul with fastings and supplications to the high God? Consider Josh. 1.8 AKJB.

I close for your meditation the saying of Esaias in chapter eight by the Holy Ghost, 

"And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them".

Psa. 115.1.

Edited by Sovran Grace Baptist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This post was made 22 hours ago. From this point. ;)

I can,yes. I would start with psalms 119. And master them.  Perhaps, we can discus this subject afterwords.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I"m a little confused by some of the things you said.  

This quote from the saying of Esaias... in chapter eight by the Holy Ghost, Who is Esaias and what book did this come from?  Are you speaking if Isaiah 8:19,20? Because I haven't a clue who Esaias is  In Isaiah 8:19-20  it is speaking of not having anything to do with those who deal with spirits? is that what your trying to get across?

You asked us to prove our faith via the OT.  My question to you is do you think I owe you an explanation of my faith in Christ?  That makes me think that you want to be a judge of who I am, and I will tell you straight.  The only opinion I care about is Gods.  As long as I stand clear before Him, what you think makes no never mind to me, as my grandma would say.  I would also like you to explain the statement, "oh thou sluggish Christian Friend".  Who do you consider sluggish? Are you speaking to those at Worthy?

God makes salvation so simple and for that I am so grateful.  He makes is simple so people like myself and millions of others can grasp His Love and Grace for us.  

Jesus loves us plain and simple.  He extends His Love to anyone who wants to grab a hold of it and those who want their lives changed.  

This whole  post makes  everything so complicated.  Maybe because you are all over the map that many will not even be able to grasp what Gods word is saying. I want you to go back to the Tos Terms of Service and understand that you are not allowed to teach.  Only the Moderators at Worthy are allowed to teach.  This is definitely something you are trying to teach.   Once again please read or Tos, and Our Statement Of Faith.

We welcome you to Worthy.

In Christ RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Okay Friend,,,,,,,

I did give you a detailed description pertaining to the Seekers Lounge that it is NOT for Christians to begin Threads,it is reserved for the unbeliever,seeker of Faith & guest to ask questions,,,,,,so now I too am confused,are you a Christian? What are you asking exactly,do you want to Understand how the Old Testament speaks of Jesus,,,,,are you looking for the Prophetic fulfillment in the New Testament to show How Jesus was the Promise of the Seed to come?

What do you wish to know,it is very difficult to know what you are looking for here,,,,,you call us "Brethren",,,,,are you our Brethren or a Seeker,longing to know more about our Faith ,                                       With love in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Huh? Scratch

Guest Robert

"Christian, can you give an answer for what you believe per 2 Pet. 3.15, 16?" I do not see any directions here for witnessing what we believe.

This is what that quote says BTW:

" Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction " (2 Peter 3:14-16, NASB, emphasis mine)

The bold part is the actual passage you quoted; I included the rest for context.

On that note, scripture says this per Paul:

" Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (1 Corinthians 1:20-25, NASB, emphasis mine)

The OT demonstrates time and again that Jesus is indeed the Messiah, and that Jesus fulfilled every single prophecy  concerning His coming, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection. Repeatedly, the OT prophecies are demonstrated fulfilled in the NT by Christ. But the thing is, in Jesus' day, there were Jews who would not hear it either, even after hearing His teaching and seeing His miracles.

We are not called to "argue people into the Kingdom of Heaven", but to bring the Gospel to a dying planet. We are also not commanded to insult our brethren by calling them names, insinuating that they aren't "doing enough" or anything like that. You do not know anyone here well enough to judge them on their ministry, and your first post here coming off like that goes against several verses of scripture.

Anyways, welcome to Worthy.

Edited by RobertS
misspelling

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/11/2016 at 5:39 PM, Sovran Grace Baptist said:

the "second blessing" of gibberish....
means the scriptures are chronically neglected....

:sherlock:

Beloved

That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1 Corinthians 12:25-31 (King James Bible)

You May Have A Point

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Mark 16:15-20 (King James Bible)

Biblically Speaking

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 1 Corinthians 14:12 (King James Bible)

~

Beloved
In My Childhood
I Found It Very Strange
That Many Times The Believer's First Trial
Is By His "Elders" As They Try To Destroy The Very Heart Of His Prayer Life

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. Jude 1:20-21 (King James Bible)

~

Ever Wonder What Will Happen To The Believers And To Their Ministries
If Cruel And Jealous Men Should Preach Against The Person
And The Works Of The Holy Spirit
While Licking Him Out Of
"Their" Church....

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament