• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On June 21, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Marilyn C said:

Question – What do you know from scripture concerning Christ & His own throne?  

It is also interesting to note that this throne of Christ`s, in the angelic realm is where Lucifer had his throne. When Lucifer sinned he was cast out from that glorious realm.

`How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,....you said in your heart: ...I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...` (Isa. 14: 12 & 13)

Since then God has not appointed any angel to rule there. And we know from God`s word that even though that area was cleansed, no angel will ever be given that authority again.

`For He (God) has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.` (Heb. 2: 5)

So in God`s timing He will appoint & anoint His ruler over all.  He `sets up,` appoints Christ`s throne (authority) & anoints Him as King over all.

`Immediately I was in the Spirit; & behold a throne was set in heaven...` (Rev. 4: 2)

Set – Gk. `keinai,` meaning to be appointed, set.

`I have set my King on My holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

Set – Heb. `nacak,` meaning to pour out, to anoint a king, set up.

We are given a pictorial representation of this ceremony – the Father on the throne, with the authority, then gives the authority & the inheritance to His Son.

`And behold in the midst of the throne.....a Lamb....He came & took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.` (Rev. 5: 6 & 7)

`I will declare the decree: the Lord (God the Father) has said to me, “You are my Son,....ask of me & I will give you the nations for your inheritance, the ends of the earth for your possession...` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

Shalom, Marilyn.

I've been trying to show you that your interpretation of these things is flawed. First, "Lucifer" was NOT referring to haSatan. While I find flaws with the NIV, I think the translators did a good job with this chapter:

Isaiah 14:3-20
3 On the day the Lord gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage, 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:

How the oppressor has come to an end!
How his fury has ended!
5 The Lord has broken the rod of the wicked,
the scepter of the rulers,
6 which in anger struck down peoples
with unceasing blows,
and in fury subdued nations
with relentless aggression.
7 All the lands are at rest and at peace;
they break into singing.
8 Even the pine trees and the cedars of Lebanon
exult over you and say,
"Now that you have been laid low,
no woodsman comes to cut us down." 

9 The grave below is all astir
to meet you at your coming;
it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you —
all those who were leaders in the world;
it makes them rise from their thrones —
all those who were kings over the nations.
10 They will all respond,
they will say to you,
"You also have become weak, as we are;
you have become like us."
11 All your pomp has been brought down to the grave,
along with the noise of your harps;
maggots are spread out beneath you
and worms cover you. 

12 How you have fallen from heaven (the skies),
O morning star, son of the dawn!

You have been cast down to the earth (not the "planet," but the "ground"),
you who once laid low the nations!
13 You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven (to the skies);
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High."
15 But you are brought down to the grave,
to the depths of the pit. 

16 Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
"Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,
17 the man who made the world a desert,
who overthrew its cities
and would not let his captives go home?" 

18 All the kings of the nations lie in state,
each in his own tomb.
19 But you are cast out of your tomb
like a rejected branch;
you are covered with the slain,
with those pierced by the sword,
those who descend to the stones of the pit.
Like a corpse trampled underfoot,
20 you will not join them in burial,
for you have destroyed your land
and killed your people.

NIV

BELSHAZZAR was the one for whom God wrote on the wall, "Mnee'! Mnee'! Tqeel Ufarciyn!"  This means "Numbered! Numbered! Weighed (with lack)!  And [the] Persians!" This is NOT about "Satan," unless you recognize that "haSatan" just means "the Enemy." This passage is definitely about a "MAN" who "overthrew cities" and "would not let his captives go home," a man who could die and could have been buried (but wasn't) in a tomb for kings!

Someone sometime in history said that this was referring to the angel (Greek "aggelos" = "messenger") who supposedly was an "archangel" who fell, and IT STUCK! Without reading and understanding the passage first, they applied it to what THEY wanted it to say, and "angelology" was born!

SECOND, Hebrews 2:5 is NOT talking about what you think! While it is true that "God has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels (mere messengers)," the "world to come" is NOT talking about "Heaven" nor is it an "EARTH to come!" Again, the Greek word is "oikoumeneen" referring to a future EMPIRE provided by a King "wiser than Solomon!"

It's not just you, but you (and others) really NEED to get away from this dichotomous thinking error! The places in Scripture that say "all" and "every" are frequently referring to a SUBSET of things rather than the whole UNIVERSAL SET. For instance, in many places where it says, "the whole earth," in our English translations, the author and Author were referring to "the whole Land," specifically, the whole Land of Israel, not the entire planet! You aggrandize a passage until it must be talking about all or nothing across the UNIVERSE, when it was originally only meant to talk about all of a certain SEGMENT of the whole!

This aggrandizing has given us MANY errors in theology. Several passages, which were originally intended to be referring to a specific set of circumstances, have escalated to frequent embelishment of people, places, and/or things! And, with this embelishment of the content of the passage, so goes our theology!

Egotism has also reared its ugly head in this formation of theology. God has LONG had a people to whom He has given His extra care. Far longer than our individual nations have existed, He built a people for Himself from His friend Avraham. He nurtured the Patriarchs, Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqov, to the formation of this nation, Isra'el, from whom came the Messiah, that most English speakers now use the Greek translation transliterated into English, "Christ." He has had great leaders of this nation, Mosheh (Moses), Yhowshuwa` (Joshua), all the judges after them, like Gid`own (Gideon) and Shimshown (Samson), and Sh'mu'el (Samuel) to guide them while HE - GOD - was their KING!

God raised up for them the "great" kings, David (pronounced "Dah-VEED") and Shlomoh (Solomon), which He would have done whether they had asked for a human king or not, who were simple men who understood that GOD was the REAL King of Israel. Through their lineage, God gave the ULTIMATE Messiah, the Messiah of the prophecies, Yeshua` Natsratiy, with a mother from David's son Natan (Nathan), Miryam (Mary), and an adopting father from David's son Shlomoh, Yosef (Joseph), to give Him both the physical lineage from David and the authority to be the king of Israel that He would have.

All of the sons of Ya`aqov (Jacob, who was later renamed to "Israel") became "tribes" ("families") of sons and daughters from that son. All the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, and so on, became "the children of Israel." From these children of Israel, came all the prophets and great men of what is now called the "Old Testament" today. The prophets who wrote Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 etc. were ALL children of Israel.

In light of all this history, I've read you and other like you say, "The Body of Christ has a much higher calling."

REALLY?! JUST WHO DO WE "CHRISTIANS," THE "BODY OF CHRIST," THINK WE ARE?!!! Of all the audacious, self-centered, egotistical, ludicrous things to say, this has to be at the top of the list! Are you greater than David the king? Are you greater than Avraham? Are you greater than every last one of the believers of the past?!!!

So many of those who call themselves "Christian" have this mentality, that it SLANTS their view of themselves and of those who have gone before them to ridiculous angles in the archetecture of their belief-system! It's like being in a funhouse at the circus!

Let's be clear: Christians do NOT have a monopoly on being called either "saints," "children of God," or "the elect!"

Deuteronomy 33:1-5
1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
2 And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.
3 Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.
4 Moses commanded us a law, even the inheritance of the congregation of Jacob.
5 And he was king in Jeshurun, when the heads of the people and the tribes of Israel were gathered together.
KJV

Isaiah 43:1-7
1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
KJV

All that "elect" means is "chosen (ones)." (If you want proof, simply look up Strong's numbers OT:972 and NT:1588.)

[And, this is the verse that is indirectly quoted in 1 Peter 2:9, which equates the two words from Hebrew to Greek:

1 Peter 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light
KJV
]

1 Chronicles 16:7-13
7 Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
8 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.
10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
13 O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
KJV

So, by what right do you have to say that you have some sort of monopoly on God's graces?

We, Jews and Gentiles alike, are to be ONE in Christ, and that does NOT mean that "Jews have to become Christians!" Remember what Paul said to the Gentile believers in Rome:

Romans 11:1-32
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people (Israel)? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? (RESURRECTION!)
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
KJV

The conclusion is that WE ARE ALL, CHILDREN OF ISRAEL AND GENTILES, ALIKE IN THE MESSIAH!

THIRD, Revelation 4 and Psalm 2 are PROPHETIC PASSAGES! Psalm 2 especially has NOT BEEN FULFILLED, YET! It won't be fulfilled until Yeshua` returns and takes up His father's, David's, throne and reigns, first as Israel's King and then as the King of Kings, a world Emperor, as one by one, He subdues all other nations!

FOURTH, Revelation 5:6-7 is NOT "a pictorial representation of this ceremony – the Father on the throne, with the authority, then gives the authority & the inheritance to His Son." That scroll is not His "document of inheritance"; it is a scroll of CURSES that are unleashed upon the earth! As He breaks open each seal and reads farther in the scroll, more and more judgment is released upon the earth!

Please don't take this post as personal criticism. I'm only saying this URGENTLY, DESPERATELY trying to curb wrong thinking about the Kingship of the Messiah. He SHALL be King when He returns and His Kingdom will be LITERAL - RIGHT HERE ON THIS EARTH - when He comes!

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/14/2016 at 10:57 PM, Marilyn C said:

Question – What do you know from scripture concerning Christ & His own throne?

(Note: this discussion concerns the `what, why, where & who` of this `throne, then later I will post another thread for the topic of `when it is set up.`

On 6/19/2016 at 5:56 PM, HAZARD said:

To him that overcomes, that's the centre of what its all about.

Hi Marilyn.

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In attention to this questioning, I decide to make this study about the word “throne”. After all, all in the life is based on concept and vision. For us to comprehend all the Scripture Sacred we have that to know the true meaning of the words. For this, I got almost all the verses of the Sacred Scripture wherein appear the word “throne”.

I know that this study is very, very long. But I ask you to have patience and cheer to read each verse and meditate in them. Certainly, they will be of great edification.

To facilitate the comprehension, I go to divide the article in several posts.

I hope that this study helps you, the brother Hazard and the other brothers and sisters.

I - MEANING OF THRONE

1º - THRONE AS SEAT

Ø  “Then he made a porch for the throne where he might judge, [ even ] the porch of judgment: and [ it was ] covered with cedar from one side of the floor to the other.” (I Kings 7:7)

Ø  “Then all the princes of the sea shall come down from their thrones, and lay away their robes, and put off their broidered garments: they shall clothe themselves with trembling; they shall sit upon the ground, and shall tremble at [ every ] moment, and be astonished at thee.” (Ezekiel 26:16)

Ø  “And he said unto me, son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [ neither ] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.” (Ezekiel 43:7).

Ø  “For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered [ him ] with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.” (Jonah 3:6).

Ø  “Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.” (Zechariah 6:13).

Ø  “And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.” (Acts 12:21)

Here throne is a “mere” seat. His finality was identify the king in a solemn tribunal, to wit, where there isn’t love, intimacy. The objective is solely to establish rights, obligation, awards and punitions.

2º - THRONE AS LEADERSHIP

Ø  “For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah.” (Jeremiah 1:15) – The Eternal was delivering Jerusalem in the hands of the Nebuchadnezzar’s troops.

Ø  “And say unto them, thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.” (Jeremiah 43:10) – The Eternal would hand over the Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar.

Ø  “And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the LORD.” (Jeremiah 49:38) – The leadership of Elam would be changed.

Ø  “But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:” (Daniel 5:20) – Nebuchadnezzar lost the conditions to reign.

Ø  “And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.” (Haggai 2:22). – The direction of the world will be changed.

3º - THRONE AS PEOPLE BELONG TO THE DOMINION OF THE KING

Ø  “And the woman of Tekoah said unto the king, My lord, O king, the iniquity [ be ] on me, and on my father's house: and the king and his throne [ be ] guiltless.” (II Samuel 14:9).

Ø  “And moreover the king's servants came to bless our lord king David, saying, God make the name of Solomon better than thy name, and make his throne greater than thy throne. And the king bowed himself upon the bed.” (I Kings 1:47) – Therein and in the previous verse, throne means the kingdom of Israel which was the domain of David.

Ø  “He holdeth back the face of his throne, [ and ] spreadeth his cloud upon it.” (Job 26:9) – The Eternal cover the face of His throne. So, the vessels of the wrath (Rom 9.22,23) could give place to all evilness in their hearts, could delight themselves in the suffer of the others. The vessels of glory, on the other hand, even not seeing yet all thing put under His feet (Heb 2.8), they don’t stop of searching the change of leadership in the lives around them.

Ø  “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [ they be ] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:” (Colossians 1:16) – “Throne” is the domain over the people and “dominions”, over the territory.

4º - THRONE AS HIGH PLACE

Ø  “Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: [ there is ] no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.” (Isaiah 47:1)

5º - THRONE ASSOCIATED TO JUDGEMENT

Ø  “For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.” (Psalms 122.5).

Ø  “A king that sitteth in the throne of judgment scattereth away all evil with his eyes.” (Proverbs 20:8).

Ø  “But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. “ (Psalms 9:7)

Ø  “For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.” (Psalms 9:4).

Ø  “I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [ was ] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [ was like ] the fiery flame, [ and ] his wheels [ as ] burning fire.” (Daniel 7:9) – Fire and garment are symbol of judgment.

Ø  “That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Luke 22:30) – The apostles will sit on thrones to judge.

Ø  “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [ I saw ] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [ his ] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4).

Ø  “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.” (Revelation 20:11). – This is the throne of judgment.

Summarizing: the throne is the high seat where the king sits to lead and judge the people that is at His domain, but far of Him.

II - MEANING OF SITTING ON THE THRONE

Ø  “In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.” (Isaiah 6:1).

Ø  “And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.” (I Kings 22:19).

Ø  “Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and [ on ] his left.” (II Chronicles 18:18).

Ø  “And of all my sons, ( for the LORD hath given me many sons, ) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.” (I Chronicles 28:5) – Solomon sit upon the throne of Israel to judge them.

Ø  “Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet [ thee ] at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, [ even ] all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.” (Isaiah 14:9) – if sitting on the throne is sign of judgment, lifting of it is signal to host somebody.

Note that always the king sit on the throne is to judge and lift to receive somebody important. In the case of Isaiah 14.9, who is this?

Ø  “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:” (Isaiah 14:13).

Considering that is Ha-Satan who was behind the Babylon’s king, consequently he is the king of the dead that are in the hell, as well as of all the chiefs of the earth.  

III – USING THE DAVID’S THRONE AS EXAMPLE

WHAT IS IT THE THRONE OF DAVID?

Ø  “Then shalt thou say unto them, thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.” (Jeremiah 13:13).

Ø  “And say, Hear the word of the LORD, O king of Judah, that sittest upon the throne of David, thou, and thy servants, and thy people that enter in by these gates:” (Jeremiah 22:2).

Ø  “For if ye do this thing indeed, then shall there enter in by the gates of this house kings sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, he, and his servants, and his people.” (Jeremiah 22:4).

Ø  “Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man [ that ] shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.” (Jeremiah 22:30).

Ø  “[ Know ] that thus saith the LORD of the king that sitteth upon the throne of David, and of all the people that dwelleth in this city, [ and ] of your brethren that are not gone forth with you into captivity;” (Jeremiah 29:16)

Ø  “Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.” (Jeremiah 36:30).

Ø  “He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:” (Luke 1:32)

Ø  “Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;” (Acts 2:30).

Here throne means authority delegated to David and his offspring to judge and lead Israel.

DURATION OF DAVID’S

Ø  “He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” (II Samuel 7:13).

Ø  “And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.” (II Samuel 7:16).

Ø  “I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.” (Psalms 89:3,4).

Ø  “I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:His seed also will I make [ to endure ] for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.” (Psalms 89:20,29)

Ø  “His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.” (Psalms 89:36) 

Ø  The LORD hath sworn [ in ] truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.” (Psalms 132:11,12).

Ø  “For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;” (Jeremiah 33:17)

Ø  “[ Then ] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.” (Jeremiah 33:21)

See that the throne of David will endure forever. That is to say, since that the Eternal gave His promise, thenceforth, always that exist the Judah’s kingdom, the king will be of the offspring of David. This only will not be truth in the period of disobey of Israel (see Rom 11.25).

Ø  “Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.” (Psalms 89:44).

Ø  "And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein; then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever." (Jeremiah 17:24,25).

IV - THE FAIR ALWAYS REIGN AND WIN THE WORLD

RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MERCY ESTABLISH THE THRONE

Ø   “[ It is ] an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.(Proverbs 16:12).

Ø  “Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.” (Proverbs 20:28).

Ø  “Take away the wicked [ from ] before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.” (Proverbs 25:5)

Ø  “The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.” (Proverbs 29:14).

Ø  "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of [ his ] government and peace [ there shall be ] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6,7).

Ø  “And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.” (Isaiah 16:5).

It doesn’t mind if the king is righteous or wicked, all that the king decides will contribute with the reign of the righteous. It’s as if the king was a servant of the righteous.

Ø   “He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings [ are they ] on the throne; yea, he doth establish them for ever, and they are exalted.” (Job 36:7).

Although the just isn’t seen physically in the throne, in all that the king makes, the just shows the Truth that lead to the healing and freedom, but that also judge the unbeliever.

V - POSITION OF THE THINGS IN RELATION TO THE THRONE

Ø  “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: grace [ be ] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;” (Revelation 1:4).

Ø  “And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and [ there was ] a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.” (Revelation 4:3).

Ø  “And round about the throne [ were ] four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.” (Revelation 4:4).

Ø  “And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and [ there were ] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” (Revelation 4:5).

Ø  “And before the throne [ there was ] a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, [ were ] four beasts full of eyes before and behind.” (Revelation 4:6).

Ø  “And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,” (Revelation 4:9)

Ø  “The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,” (Revelation 4:10).

Ø  “And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.” (Revelation 5:1).

Ø  “And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.” (Revelation 5:6).

Ø  “And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.” (Revelation 5:7).

Ø  “And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;” (Revelation 5:11)

Ø  “And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [ be ] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.” (Revelation 5:13).

Ø  “And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:” (Revelation 6:16).

Ø  “After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;” (Revelation 7:9).

Ø  “And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.” (Revelation 7:10).

Ø  “And all the angels stood round about the throne, and [ about ] the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,” (Revelation 7:11)

Ø  “ Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.” (Revelation 7:15).

Ø  “For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.” (Revelation 7:17).

Ø  “And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [ it ] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.” (Revelation 8:3).

Ø  “ And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [ to ] his throne.” (Revelation 12:5).

Ø  “And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred [ and ] forty [ and ] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.” (Revelation 14:3).

Ø  “And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.” (Revelation 14:5).

Ø  “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.” (Revelation 16:17).

Ø  “And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.” (Revelation 19:4).

Ø  “And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.” (Revelation 19:5).

Ø  “And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.” (Revelation 21:5).

Perceive that there is no thing that is out of the authority of the Eternal. He is leading and bringing all things to judgment. All our life was projected by Him (Psalm 139.13-16), based in His reigned over us (including what each one would have to receive - Deut 32.8).

VI - THE EFECT OF THE THRONE TO WHOW SERVE INWARDLY TO THE KING

THRONE BESTOW AUTHORITY THOSE WHO ARE NEAR THE KING

Ø  “And he spake kindly to him, and set his throne above the throne of the kings that [ were ] with him in Babylon;” (II Kings 25:28).

Ø  “And spake kindly unto him, and set his throne above the throne of the kings that [ were ] with him in Babylon,” (Jeremiah 52:32)Throne equal to the royalty that each one of the kings had for them were close to the king.

Ø  “I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [ was ] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [ was like ] the fiery flame, [ and ] his wheels [ as ] burning fire.” (Dan 7.9)

Ø  “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [ I saw ] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [ his ] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Rev 20.4).

Ø  “And round about the throne [were] four and twenty thrones: and upon the thrones [I saw] four and twenty elders sitting, arrayed in white garments; and on their heads crowns of gold.” (Rev 4.4)

The truth is that it is impossible to have authority without being under authority (authority is different of authoritarian). And the greater the authority, the greater our power beside them, but also the greater is the responsibility.

Namely, that is this throne whereof we are approaching us? It is good to remember that the throne of the wickedness don’t have part with the Eternal.

Ø   “Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?” (Psalms 94:20).

VII - FEATURES OF THE THRONE OF THE ETERNAL

WHAT IS THE THRONE OF THE ETERNAL?

IT’S THE HEAVEN

Ø  “Thus saith the LORD, the heaven [ is ] my throne, and the earth [ is ] my footstool: where [ is ] the house that ye build unto me? and where [ is ] the place of my rest?” (Isaiah 66:1)

Ø  Heaven [ is ] my throne, and earth [ is ] my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what [ is ] the place of my rest?” (Acts 7:49).

Ø  “But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:” (Matthew 5:34).

Ø  “And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.” (Matthew 23:22).

IT’S JERUSALÉM

Ø  “At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.” (Jeremiah 3:17)

Ø  “Do not abhor [ us ], for thy name's sake, do not disgrace the throne of thy glory: remember, break not thy covenant with us.” (Jeremiah 14:21). – Jeremiah call Judah’s people of the throne of the Eternal’s glory.

Ø  “Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.” (I Chronicles 29:23)

Ø  “Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee to set thee on his throne, [ to be ] king for the LORD thy God: because thy God loved Israel, to establish them for ever, therefore made he thee king over them, to do judgment and justice.” (II Chronicles 9:8) – Therein and in the previous verse, the throne of God was Israel’s people.

The throne of the Eternal is related with the heaven and His people. Considering that the kingdom of the Eternal is to come to us (Matt 6.10), therefore those who believe in Jesus are His throne of glory, like Eliakim:

Ø  "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah: and I will fasten him [ as ] a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house." (Isaiah 22:20,23).

And no wonder: those who believe in Jesus are the vessels of glory (Rom 9.22,23) and the Church is the kingdom and priesthood of the Eternal (Rev 1.6 – ASV). Therefore, we should be the Eternal’s throne.

Now Jesus is set down at the right hand of the throne of God:

Ø  “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [ our ] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2).

But what does it mean?

Take account what Jesus promise us:

Ø  “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if [ it were ] not [ so ], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [ there ] ye may be also.” (John 14.1-3).

Take in consideration also how Paul interprets this promise:

Ø  “Blessed [ be ] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [ places ] in Christ:” (Eph 1.3).

Ø  “And hath raised [ us ] up together, and made [ us ] sit together in heavenly [ places ] in Christ Jesus:” (Eph 2.6)

Now join with (Luke 16.9):

Ø  “And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.”

And what are these everlasting habitations and the Father’s house in according to Paul and Peter?

Ø  “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [ that ] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1Cor 3.16).

Ø  “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [ which is ] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” (1Cor 6.19).

Ø  “And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [ them ]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” (2Cor 6.16)

Ø  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” (1Peter 2.5).

With base in all this, the right hand of the throne of the Eternal is His role (or place, if you to prefer) of greater confidence, namely, the hearts of His people (the place of His seal – see 2Corinthians 3.1-3).

The Eternal rests His Spirit in His throne (His body, the Church), so that all that Christ was while He was here, is at the right hand (and in the mind - see Exo 13.13-16) of each one that believes. In other words, the finality is to make therewith the authority of the Eternal can be seen in the Church (see Matt 28.18) and, thus, to render the unrepentant world guilty and inexcusable before Him:

Ø  “So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: [ Which is ] a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: seeing [ it is ] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe ( because our testimony among you was believed ) in that day.” (2Thess 1.4-10).

In the Testament of the Law, Jerusalem was the place whence the law (bondage) and judgment goes forth, out of which proceed “lightnings and thunderings and voices” (Revelation 4:5). Today, the truth and grace come of the Christ’s body.

TYPES OF THRONE

1º - THRONE OF GRACE

Ø  “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16).

2º - THRONE OF GLORY

Ø  “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [ and ] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [ them ] among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [ are ] the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.” (I Samuel 2:8).

Ø  “And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Matthew 19:28) – Jesus sit in His throne to judge.

Ø  “When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:” (Matthew 25:31). – Jesus sit in His throne to judge.

Ø  A glorious high throne from the beginning [ is ] the place of our sanctuary.” (Jeremiah 17:12).

3º - THRONE OF HOLINESS

Ø  “God reigneth over the heathen: God sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.” (Psalms 47:8)

4º - THRONE OF THE MAJESTY

Ø  “Now of the things which we have spoken [ this is ] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;” (Hebrews 8:1).

The throne of the Eternal is symbolic, as well as His seating. After all, He is Spirit (John 4.24).

Thus, what does “the seating of the Eternal on the throne” signify? Observe that always the Eternal is seen sit on the throne (1Kings 22.9; 2Chr 18.18; Isa 6.1; Eze 1.26; Rev 4.2). Only in one occasion we see the Eternal stand: Daniel 7.9 (perceive that He did sit. Therefore He was stand).

But, what will make the Eternal stand up? To receive His loved Church (what prove that the rapture will be before the judgment of the vials).

Except in this case, the Eternal is always sitting, that is, to the contrary of what many think, He isn’t apathetic to all that is happening. Every time He is judging through His word, which is supported on His grace, glory, holiness, majesty, which, in turn, is being seen in His Church (see Eph 3.8-10). It is on height of this four attributes that the Eternal lead and judge all this world that is His domain.

THE THRONE OF THE ETERNAL ENDURES FOREVER

Ø   “Thy throne [ is ] established of old: thou [ art ] from everlasting.” (Psalms 93:2)

Ø  “Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.” (Lamentations 5:19).

Ø  “But unto the Son [ he saith ], thy throne, O God, [ is ] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [ is ] the sceptre of thy kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:8).

Ø  “Thy throne, O God, [ is ] for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom [ is ] a right sceptre.” (Psalms 45:6).

WHERE IT IS THE  THRONE OF THE ETERNAL?

In heaven

Ø  “The LORD [ is ] in his holy temple, the LORD's throne [ is ] in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.” (Psalms 11:4).

Ø  “The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.” (Psalms 103:19).

Ø   “And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and [ one ] sat on the throne.” (Revelation 4:2).

In all expression of justice, judgment and righteousness

Ø  Justice and judgment [ are ] the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.” (Psalms 89:14).

Ø  “Clouds and darkness [ are ] round about him: righteousness and judgment [ are ] the habitation of his throne.” (Psalms 97:2).

In what God put His throne in heaven, all heaven become His throne. Similarly, when God puts his throne in the life of someone, all his life becomes justice, judgment and righteousness.

THRONE OF THE ETERNAL AND OF THE LAMB

But, after all, what signify the throne of the Eternal and of the Lamb?

There are thirty-two references to throne in revelation.

First of all, the throne represents a ceremonial chair, that is, a legalistic place. Such as the temple, the throne is instrument of condemnation, judgment, where attend those who haven’t close relationship with the Eternal. There they are judged and it is from where the laws contrary to them (for they was afar of the King) are issued.

But, wherefore this vision was given to John?

To show to John that the Church wasn’t visible there (at least don’t separated of the Christ). Hence the throne of God and of the Lamb:

Ø   “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.” (Revelation 22:1).

Ø  “And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:” (Revelation 22:3).

Note that the Church doesn’t sit apart of Jesus:

Ø  “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.” (Revelation 3:21).

The Church is the throne where the Eternal and the Lamb sit down.

Understand: The Lamb is sitting in the lap of the Eternal (Rev 5.6,7), with his paws in his right leg (Heb 12.2). And the Church is the throne that serves of support to His commandments and judgments (like the body serves of support to head).

In Revelation 5.6,7, the Lamb lifts up on the right leg of the Eternal and take the book of His hand, giving to understand that:

Ø  the legal base wherein the Eternal will judge is the rejection to what the Lamb did for us at Golgotha;

Ø  the legal base whereon the Eternal will justify is that what the Lamb did in His Church throughout history.

About the fact of the Lamb to take the book signify that all the revelation of the Eternal is opened only for who accept the majesty of the Eternal and His acts of judgment (throne) and justice (Lamb).

In other words: the judgment that fall over Jesus is justice for who accept to live this in their life. Such person is testimony of the judgment to who rejects Jesus’ justice.

You can question: but, if the Church is the throne, then how to explain the throne seen in the Testament of the Law? When the Church is complete, she will go to occupy the place that, symbolically, was reserved to Her since the eternity.

In other words: the throne wherein the Eternal is sit now is a prophetic reality. Although his fulfillment is in the future, the Eternal lives the future as if it was present.

I hope that you enjoy this study and grow up with it.

Finally, the distinction between the Father and the Lamb is to show us that we ought to be guided by Father (Romans 8.14) in order to live the lifestyle of Jesus Christ.

May Jesus speaks with you through it.

Blessings, Leonardo.