• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Isaiah 11

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Jesus

2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

During His first Ministry

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

During His first Ministry

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Moves into future prophecy, speaks of His 2nd coming

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The nature of His Kingship 

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

The kingdom area in Millennial Greater Israel ("Greater" meaning the whole of the land promised to Abraham come to pass)

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Confirming the King once more, the survivors after the 2nd coming will learn of Christ through mortal Israel during the rest .. the rest refers to the period of universal peace, Christ's millennial reign.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

After His return, after He gathered His saints in the clouds, He sends out the command to call back the dispersed of Israel (the 10 tribes)  .. the 1st gathering was 1948.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Now dispersed Israel will return by their own means of travel (mentioned elsewhere) .. a clear difference from the gathering of the resurrected saints whom the Lord Himself gathered into the clouds .. these Israelite's are HUMAN, not to be confused with resurrected Israelite's who trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ and were gathered in the clouds with the rest of the saints. 

13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

No more competition between brethren.

14 But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

This is WHY Edom and Moab and Ammon were not destroyed when the false prophet was overthrowing the nations (Revelation) when he was warring and overthrowing nations "not a few" .. because God decreed that Edom etc were to become slaves and handmaidens for millennial Israel .. God was preserving them for this reason because of their pride and ancient hatred against Israel. (spoken of elsewhere)

15 And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

The tongue of the Egyptian sea is the Red sea, God is going to make a path through that sea as "like" He did for the children of Israel in the days of Moses.

16 And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Again, we can see that FLESH still remains even after the 2nd coming, and not only that, but these humans are ISRAEL being called back to the restored kingdom .. meaning .. these were NOT resurrected and gathered to Christ in the clouds .. meaning .. those who say that the earth will be melted and the new heaven and the new earth come at the 2nd coming are needing to revisit the prophecies for themselves without any outside (church/scholars/scribes) influences.

It also speaks of (by omission) a "dual population" for the millennial kingdom, one part is flesh who will dwell there (spoken of here), the other part being the resurrected spirit saints (omitted here but spoken of elsewhere) who will oversee & guide those inhabitants just as the angels watch over Christ's people today, except that unlike us, those in the millennial kingdom will know that they are watched over by the resurrected spirit saints who became like their brethren the angels.

If you can see what I am saying, feel free to add onto the post .. all contributions are welcome.

God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

20 minutes ago, Serving said:

Again, we can see that FLESH still remains even after the 2nd coming, and not only that, but these humans are ISRAEL being called back to the restored kingdom .. meaning .. these were NOT resurrected and gathered to Christ in the clouds .. meaning .. those who say that the earth will be melted and the new heaven and the new earth come at the 2nd coming are needing to revisit the prophecies for themselves without any outside (church/scholars/scribes) influences.

It also speaks of (by omission) a "dual population" for the millennial kingdom, one part is flesh who will dwell there (spoken of here), the other part being the resurrected spirit saints (omitted here but spoken of elsewhere) who will oversee & guide those inhabitants just as the angels watch over Christ's people today, except that unlike us, those in the millennial kingdom will know that they are watched over by the resurrected spirit saints who became like their brethren the angels.

If you can see what I am saying, feel free to add onto the post .. all contributions are welcome.

God bless.

Hi Serving,

Some good points there regarding Israel & the Lord, however.......I do not agree that the Body of Christ, the overcomers will be on the earth in the Millennium. You say `spoken of elsewhere.` Can you back up your statement?

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member

On 22/06/2016 at 3:28 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Serving,

Some good points there regarding Israel & the Lord, however.......I do not agree that the Body of Christ, the overcomers will be on the earth in the Millennium. You say `spoken of elsewhere.` Can you back up your statement?

regards, Marilyn.

Hi M,

I believe that the resurrected saints will quite likely be travelling to & fro FROM heaven to do their work/service in the restored kingdom of Israel to guide the Israelite's learning of Christ during that time .. which work will be their Priestly work .. since God said that His saints will become Kings & Priests in the restored kingdom .. I mean, what is a Priest without his/her disciples whereof to teach?

Whether those resurrected saints are assigned one person or a family each, I don't know?

Besides that, I find the below verses very interesting and believe the teachers mentioned are the resurrected saints being spoken of :

Isaiah 30

19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Now believing Jews (under Moses' covenant) as far as I know, do not ignore their Rabbi's (removed into a corner), nor close their eyes to their Rabbi's teachings/advice on matters of Law (since it is the Law that they instruct on) .. as a whole i speak.

But their true teachers (Christ's followers), are most certainly removed into a corner (ignored), whose teachers they most certainly do not "see" (metaphorically and literally) since they reject Christ outright.

But verse 21 does it for me .. I most certainly discern that verse as a resurrected saint guiding his human disciple in everyday matters (yes they will have access to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob etc) but v21 is something else in my eyes .. consider this .. we can certainly call v20 metaphorical, but can the same be said about v21?

Their ears hear a word behind them, this is not metaphoric language of a teaching or lesson learnt, but of actually receiving advice/guidance from someone behind them .. the question is this, "Why do their ears hear a voice behind them?", what kind of message is that? Why can't they SEE who is behind them? What a strange thing to say don't you think ? .. Will a human Priest follow them wherever they go? Human priests don't do that !! .. OR .. wouldn't it make more sense that a spiritual saint is guiding them and communicating advice/teachings to them which explains why their ears hear a word behind them (likely when they are out and about Ministering in the world)

Out and about?

Doesn't scripture say that God will bring Israelite's fame & praise in every land during the millennium?

Zephaniah 3:19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. 

And that they will become Ministers too?

Isaiah 61:6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Resurrected saints have no need of eating the riches of humans, so who are these Ministers of our God? .. well .. seeing that the resurrected saints become Priests in the kingdom, then they must be teaching  somebody .. and I say it is the human Israelite's (mentioned above) who they will be teaching .. who in turn themselves teach the surviving Gentiles of the world that live outside of the kingdom area when they go out sojourning (Ministering) once taught up.

Isaiah 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Now the Gentiles only come into the restored kingdom once a year to keep the feast during the millennium, however I do strongly discern that the Israelite's will be sent out into the world to Minister to those Gentiles during the millennium and it is then that the Gentiles will acknowledge them .. not only that, I strongly discern that any Israelite travelling outside of the kingdom will be accompanied by a resurrected saint to guide and oversee and advise said Israelite on their journeying, where this comes into play and makes sense : And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Granted, we could easily dismiss those scriptures of Isaiah 30:19-20 as metaphorical, but like I said, Isaiah 30:21 does not come across as a metaphor at all, I believe it is conveying much more than what it seems at first glance .. that it speaks of a resurrected spirit saint guiding and accompanying a human Israelite out & about in the millennial world when outside of the restored kingdom. 

Tell me what you think.

Thanks M.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Isaiah 60:8   Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

Hi Serving,

I`ve heard of those thoughts before but I believe they are not scriptural. We need to appreciate that God`s great kingdom is not only on the earth but includes everything that He has made - the universe & the third heaven. And yes I noted that you said the believers in the Body of Christ could go to & fro between heaven & earth. However you seem to think that their `work` was only in regards to the earth. It will be the teachers from Israel & their priests who will teach the people in the Millennium. The Body of Christ has a much higher calling.

regards, Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Serving,

I`ve heard of those thoughts before but I believe they are not scriptural. We need to appreciate that God`s great kingdom is not only on the earth but includes everything that He has made - the universe & the third heaven. And yes I noted that you said the believers in the Body of Christ could go to & fro between heaven & earth. However you seem to think that their `work` was only in regards to the earth. It will be the teachers from Israel & their priests who will teach the people in the Millennium. The Body of Christ has a much higher calling.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi M,

The way I see it is that the resurrected saints become Kings & Priests as written .. question : what use are priests in heaven? Men don't pray to saints or priests, so how can the resurrected saints fulfil their priestly roles in heaven when they are out of reach of the disciples they are to be priests over? The angels certainly don't need saints to teach them which is what priests do, they teach and they guide .. but those down on earth will most certainly require teachers & guides.

Not only that, Christ comes down to establish the restored kingdom with his Angels and His saints .. so obviously the resurrected saints are coming with Christ (coming from the clouds from where they were gathered) to that kingdom for a reason .. granted, we don't know everything that the resurrected saints will be doing, but as I see it, their services in a priestly role are far more relevant here on earth than in heaven, because like I said, the heavenly host have no need to be taught by priests since they are already under Christ as Hebrews reveals, other words, their (saints) priestly role serves no purpose in heaven but most certainly will here on earth.

And like I also said, the saints teaching the inhabitants of the millennial kingdom which inhabitants in turn teach the Gentiles, to me, makes perfect sense from a biblical perspective, seeing that the resurrected saints are called to be Priests and priests teach and guide and oversee. 

Perfectly scriptural to me .. Oh and one other point, in the OT when God would communicate with His prophets, what did He usually do to achieve that? He SENT His Angels !!!! So the angels played a role too, and if we expand on that we can see a sound scriptural example we can apply to the resurrected saints in the millennial kingdom .. only difference is, I believe the resurrected saints will have a more "hands on" and intense role to play in regards to interaction with the inhabitants of the millennial kingdom. 

Thanks M.  

Some more scriptures of the millennial kingdom :

Isaiah 4

1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

In the time of the millennium, in that day, Gentiles will seek forgiveness and cling to the Israelite's who will be Ministers and Priests of the Lord  

2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Israel's inhabitants will be taught pure truth unadulterated and will bear much fruit in the earth through their Ministering  

3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Backtracking here to when Christ returned where only a 1/3 of today's inhabitants of Israel will be accepted by the Lord (per Revelation) after the wrath of God ran it's course.

4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

There you go .. judgment.

5 And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.

Metaphor? Hard to tell .. personally I think it is literal.

6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

Sounds literal to me .. perhaps the world is hotter during the millennium after all the catastrophes caused by the wrath of God leading up to the 2nd coming along with the literal DAY of wrath itself when Christ destroys all the cities of the worlds nations ??

Nevertheless, this chapter likewise speaks of humans during the millennium .. meaning .. the earth can not be melted at the 2nd coming but is melted after the millennium when all things are made new .. hence New Jerusalem & New heaven & earth.

Interesting yes?

21 hours ago, Serving said:

Hi M,

The way I see it is that the resurrected saints become Kings & Priests as written .. question : what use are priests in heaven? Men don't pray to saints or priests, so how can the resurrected saints fulfil their priestly roles in heaven when they are out of reach of the disciples they are to be priests over? The angels certainly don't need saints to teach them which is what priests do, they teach and they guide .. but those down on earth will most certainly require teachers & guides.

Not only that, Christ comes down to establish the restored kingdom with his Angels and His saints .. so obviously the resurrected saints are coming with Christ (coming from the clouds from where they were gathered) to that kingdom for a reason .. granted, we don't know everything that the resurrected saints will be doing, but as I see it, their services in a priestly role are far more relevant here on earth than in heaven, because like I said, the heavenly host have no need to be taught by priests since they are already under Christ as Hebrews reveals, other words, their (saints) priestly role serves no purpose in heaven but most certainly will here on earth.

And like I also said, the saints teaching the inhabitants of the millennial kingdom which inhabitants in turn teach the Gentiles, to me, makes perfect sense from a biblical perspective, seeing that the resurrected saints are called to be Priests and priests teach and guide and oversee. 

Perfectly scriptural to me .. Oh and one other point, in the OT when God would communicate with His prophets, what did He usually do to achieve that? He SENT His Angels !!!! So the angels played a role too, and if we expand on that we can see a sound scriptural example we can apply to the resurrected saints in the millennial kingdom .. only difference is, I believe the resurrected saints will have a more "hands on" and intense role to play in regards to interaction with the inhabitants of the millennial kingdom. 

Thanks M.  

Hi serving,

I do like the way you realise that the Body of Christ are called to be `kings & priests.` However I believe you do not understand the role of  `priests` in the heavenly realm. It is an office that is God focussed - worship, adulation & praise. Kingship is related to `work,` service, toward others, while Priesthood is in relation to God. The two are needed as we are in Christ, in the order of Melchizedek, a kingpriest. All other realms have those two offices separate, whereas we, the Body of Christ hold both offices in the highest place with Christ.

I believe you need to think a bit more on God`s Kingdom more than just this earth.

regards, Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Marilyn

Revelation 20:6   Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Where is Jesus going to reign?  and why for only a thousand years?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Marilyn

Revelation 20:6   Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Where is Jesus going to reign?  and why for only a thousand years?

Shalom, Sister.

You're misunderstanding the "limitation." This is NOT the time limit of Yeshua`s reign ...

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

nor is it the limit of how long His people reign with Him ...

(referring to the New Jerusalem)

Revelation 22:3-5
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
KJV

It is the limit of how long they will reign with haSatan still locked up in the bottomless pit. That's what the context is about: the influence of haSatan on the nations.