IGNORED

The Lion King Biblical Analogy, Part 1 (Luke 2:10-11)

Hawkeye

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

I will make first a disclaimer.  I have always found parallels in The Lion King for the Bible/Christian Life. Now I know some would disagree, that's OK. These are just my thoughts & interpretations.

The Lion King: A King is Born 89e71d517c6f22a44804a1367cebc95e.jpg

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:10-11

SCENE SYNOPSIS:  Simba has just been recently born, and Rafiki approaches Pride Rock. His goal is to present Simba to the kingdom, so that they can bow down and worship the newborn king.

So many times, we want to only focus on Jesus at Christmas. While we know that Christmas is a time to celebrate his birth, every day should be a celebration. What do we know? We know that Jesus was born of a virgin Mary, and that he was blameless and perfect.

As we see in this scene, the entire kingdom turned out to worship him. They knew that one day, he would be their king.. and they had better start worshiping and bowing down to him. The Bible tells us in Romans 14:11 that “Every knee shall bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord”.  This is a powerful sentiment, and one not to be taken lightly.

Not only does God tell us that one day, everyone will worship him. He commands Christians to worship him on an ongoing basis. (Psalm 95:6; Romans 12:1; John 4:23).  In fact, he also tells us in his word- that if we do not worship our King, the rocks will cry out in our place. (Luke 19:40)

To worship God, every day should be our primary focus. We worship him through reading his Word, spending time with him, praying to him, helping others, being a light, evangelizing and more. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

I highly Agree with you :) thankyou for sharing i would love to see what other parts relate to the bible their is another movie that does too

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

4 minutes ago, CaringBrit said:

I highly Agree with you :) thankyou for sharing i would love to see what other parts relate to the bible their is another movie that does too

Thanks. So far I have 11 parts, but I've got 10ish topics I haven't covered yet. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Thanks. So far I have 11 parts, but I've got 10ish topics I haven't covered yet. 

i look foward to reading them and taking part in any questions you may ask for each :)