IGNORED

Should a person who is openly homosexual be baptized?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

9 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Goodbye . I have been harrased twice in the lst two days for very civilly saying I do not believe in SSM ,and now you .

Hiya Thallas! No idea what SSM is... But I don't think anyone is harassing anyone else on the thread. Could you clarify?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, GoldenEagle said:

The word “openly” to me is problematic. But in effect the word “openly” takes us into an entirely different arena.

I can imagine people being baptized with all sorts of moral issues, past failures, and even current struggles. We are all broken and in need of redemption through Jesus. If we wait to baptize perfect people, we’ll never baptize anyone.

That said, local churches that oppose the homosexual lifestyle will have to deal with it in their midst. Sometimes even among their leaders. This is simply stating an obvious fact. Sin happens and sin, by its very nature, is deceptive. Adultery, gossip, corruption, pride, abusers, etc. happens in churches all over the world. This is not an isolated occurrence in the USA, Brazil, or any other country.

It is true that the attitude of the heart matters a great deal. But since only God knows the thoughts and intents of the heart, we are left with words and deeds. Even there we can be fooled. But in this case, no one is trying to fool anyone.

A person who is “openly” homosexual could be argued to be lacking in repentance, and yet repentance is clearly the prerequisite for baptism (see for example Acts 2:38).

What do you guys think?

God bless

GE

I agree if someone is not repentant, and is openly disregarding scripture, only I see this as more than just the one sin.  Some churches are thoroughly confusing people by accepting the lifestyle, even in the leadership.  When I was baptized, nobody tried asking me if every sin was behind me.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Some Churches such as the Unity Church are twisting around Scripture and telling their congregation that it is ok to be a homosexual and be a Christian. They are wrong. They are false preachers.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, Baptism is for believers.  One cannot be openly gay and be a genuine, New Testament follower of Christ.

Interesting I think I would tend to say that Scripture supports this. What passages in the Bible are you referring to brother?

God bless,

GE

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Some Churches such as the Unity Church are twisting around Scripture and telling their congregation that it is ok to be a homosexual and be a Christian. They are wrong. They are false preachers.

What Biblical passages do they base these teachings on? Why are they wrong?

God bless

GE 

Guest Thallasa
56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, Baptism is for believers.  One cannot be openly gay and be a genuine, New Testament follower of Christ.

Thank you Shiloh . 

38 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

What Biblical passages do they base these teachings on? Why are they wrong?

God bless

GE 

Ask someone who attends the Unity Church. Born again Christians know why they are wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Golden Eagle

Hi Brother,I always enjoy your Topics,,,,,,,This my be a stupid question but I) wish to clarify something before I res pond,,,,,,What are you referring  to when you say "Baptism"? Are you talking about the Baptism by the Holy Spirit or Water Baptism?I was under the assumption that you are talking about a water Baptism,an outward  public proclamation & because it is so often 'public" is why the question was posed t o begin with,,,,,,will you clarify please?

I will put my little 2 cents in though,,,,,,if by "Baptism" you are talking about being baptized in the Holy Spirit,the indwelling,,,then I would think "yes",we receive Jesus,He comes to live in us when we come to Believe & ask forgiveness(confession),,,,,,so,if y our asking if a homosexual should come to Christ as they are to Receive Him,,,,yes,of course   Nobody has t o do their laundry before they bring the ir clothes to the laundrymat -lol

Now,if you mean "Water Baptizing"after one is supposed to be Saved,,,,,,no,why are they not repentant?   Just my take

With love-in Christ,Kwik

14 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Thank you Shiloh . 

So what is so different what Shiloh said and what we already said? :confused:

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Golden Eagle

Hi Brother,I always enjoy your Topics,,,,,,,This my be a stupid question but I) wish to clarify something before I res pond,,,,,,What are you referring  to when you say "Baptism"? Are you talking about the Baptism by the Holy Spirit or Water Baptism?I was under the assumption that you are talking about a water Baptism,an outward  public proclamation & because it is so often 'public" is why the question was posed t o begin with,,,,,,will you clarify please?

I will put my little 2 cents in though,,,,,,if by "Baptism" you are talking about being baptized in the Holy Spirit,the indwelling,,,then I would think "yes",we receive Jesus,He comes to live in us when we come to Believe & ask forgiveness(confession),,,,,,so,if y our asking if a homosexual should come to Christ as they are to Receive Him,,,,yes,of course   Nobody has t o do their laundry before they bring the ir clothes to the laundrymat -lol

Now,if you mean "Water Baptizing"after one is supposed to be Saved,,,,,,no,why are they not repentant?   Just my take

With love-in Christ,Kwik

If a homosexual genuinely comes to Jesus Christ and wants to be a born again believer they would have to leave their homosexual life behind.