IGNORED

Should a person who is openly homosexual be baptized?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Ask someone who attends the Unity Church. Born again Christians know why they are wrong.

I understand your position. Understanding why something is wrong is good. Conveying and expressing that to others is as important right?

God bless

GE

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a homosexual genuinely comes to Jesus Christ and wants to be a born again believer they would have to leave their homosexual life behind.

I'd tend to agree.

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin. In passages in the Bible such as Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9. Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

If a homosexual genuinely comes to Jesus Christ and wants to be a born again believer they would have to leave their homosexual life behind.

miss muffet

I cannot agree with this,,,,,,,I came to Christ a filthy rag,though I was not a homosexual my lifestyle made them look like angels,,,,,,,I came to Christ wanting to be Saved,I was an undeserving wretched sinner,,,,,,& I was transformed into a New Creature,,,,,why can't a homosexual come to Christ as they are?                         To God be the Glory,He died for us while we were still in sin

7It is rare indeed for anyone to die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him!                                                              Romans 5:7-8

With love-in Christ,Kwik

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (for example 1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

The law is summed up in loving God and loving people. (Matthew 22:36-40) We love people where they're at in this life. We do not approve of their sin. 

My final thoughts to the answer to the original question, “Should an openly homosexual person be baptized?” is no. But that no would go for anyone who “openly” rejects God’s Word.

God bless

GE

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In this place where sin is-> naturally comes confusion because that is what sin is - a perversion of truth...
God simplifies this in His announcement of what He will have to deal with in the future:

Mt 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV

It is simplified and to the point (and) it will be as it is said.... personal witness: because I am man I am constantly attracted to
females- yet in my heart I am aware that all this God is not keeping -so- I am at war with that attraction because to allow
myself would be sin! Do I slip as to thoughts yes and that is as bad as action and always repentance and further fighting...
At no time am I aloud in my s/Spirit to make sin acceptable >why< because it is NOT!!!! The only dealing with sin is turning
from it to the obedient Will of God in Christ Jesus period ...
Love, Steven

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

I'd tend to agree.

The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin. In passages in the Bible such as Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9. Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

God bless,

GE

The homosexual community wants to tell us that people are born with a homosexual gene and desires.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I cannot agree with this,,,,,,,I came to Christ a filthy rag,though I was not a homosexual my lifestyle made them look like angels,,,,,,,I came to Christ wanting to be Saved,I was an undeserving wretched sinner,,,,,,& I was transformed into a New Creature,,,,,why can't a homosexual come to Christ as they are?                         To God be the Glory,He died for us while we were still in sin

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Why would you believe that when a homosexual asks Jesus Christ into their life they would continue to live the homosexual lifestyle even though they know what the Bible has to say about homosexuality? Isn't that like slapping God in the face?

Okay,so then it is safe to say you are speaking about making the decision to be water baptized ,right,,,,,absolutely not & I think ay pastor who encourages this for a homosexual who refuses to forsake his carnal desires is really causing that person to stumble ,deceiving them

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

While God does love everyone, baptism as an adult states that you're accepting what it actually means to follow Christ. I'd think that if a pastor were to baptize someone who is not willing to change their ways, would be in essence indicating that Jesus is accepting of our sins. On the other hand though, being born again deals with being baptized in the Spirit, so by doing so, would someone then turn away from their own sin, and lead a more Christ-like life? We are all sinners, but maybe the question has to do with being openly sinning? This is a tough one. I'd like to believe that Jesus wouldn't want anyone to separate from Him, and maybe people who are living in sin, don't see it as such...they may see it as something that can't control. Suppose someone for that matter, a heterosexual were living with someone and having sex, could he/she not be baptized? If someone is gluttonous, or is pride filled...could they not be baptized? We have to be careful to not pick and choose which sins are worse than others, simply because those sins, we don't do ourselves. 

Why would you not believe that when a homosexual asks Jesus Christ into their life they would continue to live the homosexual lifestyle even though they know what the Bible has to say about homosexuality? Isn't that like slapping God in the face

What leads you to the impression that I do not/cannot or do/can believe anything?,,,,,how could anyone possibly know what an individual is going to do?Only God knows the heart of an individual,I cannot sit here  & categorize "homosexuals",,,, each 'sinner" is a person,an individual human being,,,,,when that person comes to Christ it is u p to them whether or not they are truly repentant or if they are just giving lip service,.I have no way of knowing whether or not they will have a renewing of the mind & be transformed into a new Creature in Christ Jesus,or not,,,,,if there is no "change " it is probably safe to assume they were not Saved ,we can only know them by ther fruits & the Discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit                                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik