gods pilgrim

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Why can't believers love like Jesus taught us to love...why do we chose to ignore a child of God because he's not like us....why do we reject other believers and accept others...rejection hurts and can cause a lot of sorrow ...when we chose one person over another we can cause a lot of pain .  The two most hurtful things is rejection and lonelyness

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings God's pilgrim....

Why can't believers love like Jesus taught us to love...why do we chose to ignore a child of God because he's not like us....why do we reject other believers and accept others.

Believers can & do,,,,,Spirit Filled Believers walking in Spirit & in Truth. Truthfully,I don't really know many people who I think are like "me" personally but we are of like mind & judgement,in one accord and I'm truly sorry for you or anyone that may have been lonely & rejected by anyone who "calls themselves" a follower of Christ Jesus....                                                                                                             

I pray all the lonely will find the Love of Jesus in us here at Worthy and our daily interactions with others                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Why Are You Cast Down, O My Soul?

Psa 42:1  For the Chief Musician. A contemplation by the sons of Korah.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants after you, God.  Psa 42:2  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?  Psa 42:3  My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually ask me, “Where is your God?”  Psa 42:4  These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me, how I used to go with the crowd, and led them to God’s house, with the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping a holy day.

Psa 42:5  Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him for the saving help of his presence.

Psa 42:6  My God, my soul is in despair within me. Therefore I remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon, from the hill Mizar.

Psa 42:7  Deep calls to deep at the noise of your waterfalls. All your waves and your billows have swept over me.

Psa 42:8  Yahweh will command his loving kindness in the daytime. In the night his song shall be with me: a prayer to the God of my life.  Psa 42:9  I will ask God, my rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?   Psa 42:10  As with a sword in my bones, my adversaries reproach me, while they continually ask me, “Where is your God?”   Psa 42:11  Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him, the saving help of my countenance, and my God.

Dearest Pilgrim,  We all go through times of rejection.  God uses those times to turn us to Himself.  When we want the approval and love of men more than that of God, He shows us that He is the One who says:

Mat 11:28 NKJV Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Mat 11:29  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Mat 11:30  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jesus never rejects those who come to Him.   I had my pastor reject me at one time.  Untrue rumors had been spread about me that he believed, and he had a series of mini strokes that affected his reasoning. Nevertheless it hurt very much because we had always supported him.  I had mentors reject me as well. That time God was telling me I needed to grow up and not lean on other people.  It is enough to lean on God, which is what He wanted of me in the first place.  To believe is to trust in and rely upon.  I needed to go directly to God with my problems instead of to people.  It was a hard lesson and weaning process.  

I have always told my kids to find someone else who needs a friend.  Reach out to others and offer your friendship to them.  

We have a great treasure.  We can identify with some of the sufferings of Christ.  

"He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.  Isa 53:3  He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.  Isa 53:4  Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.  Isa 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Jesus understands your pain.  Tell Him about it and allow his Spirit to comfort you.   That is what the Psalmist did in psalm 42 above.  He even told his soul to rejoice.

1Pe 2:4  NKJV Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,  1Pe 2:5  you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1Pe 2:6  Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHIEF CORNERSTONE, ELECT, PRECIOUS, AND HE WHO BELIEVES ON HIM WILL BY NO MEANS BE PUT TO SHAME." 1Pe 2:7  Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED HAS BECOME THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE,"  1Pe 2:8  and "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE." They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.  1Pe 2:9  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

So rejoice that God has chosen you for His own.  The people who reject you may be only church goers and not born again Christians.  But people will always be people.  Perhaps your imperfections are more apparent than theirs, because you said you are different.  But their imperfections are greater in their lack of love.  

Another time when I was rejected I simply determined to be a better friend to that person than she had been to me.  So I waited till she was going through a hard time.  She was being ridiculed in the newspapers.  I phoned her and told her how much I admired her for her public stand against sin on her city council of which she was a member.  I also told her that she could reach people that I can't reach, and that I knew she would make a good impact on the community.  

You see, what matters is what we do with the rejection.  Yes it hurts.  But do we stay in self pity or do we determine to allow Jesus to be seen in us.  Do we determine to love the unlovable and forgive the unforgivable.  Christ in you, the hope of glory.  

Joh 15:18  "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.  Joh 15:19  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.  Joh 15:20  Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.  Joh 15:21  But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

Mat 5:11  ESV "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.  Mat 5:12  Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

We don't feel very blessed or much like rejoicing.  We do it in obedience.  

Love,

Willa

Thankyou for your help when I wrote to you I felt a little low  but now I am much better......I trust the Lord he will indeed be my strength...I find a lot of confort in the worthy brief which I read every day thankyou once again for your words of confort .......love maggie

:)