• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Oh great! Now I am being accused of blasphemy. I'm done people. I'm done.

You just place too much faith in men. God will teach us everything we NEED to know to accomplish His will in our lives. Going to a school to learn from men, no matter their motives, shows a lack of faith in the Power of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

No you are not. We are not talking about the Apostles we are talking about the Pastors of today. Your words are being turned around. Don't let anyone do that.

Yeah but right now I need to just walk away from a while. I'm never really done. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah but right now I need to just walk away from a while. I'm never really done. :)

As you choose... :26:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Just a Mirror said:

You just place too much faith in men

With all due respect. You know nothing about me or my faith. Seeking more education is not a sin or a sign of not having faith. Who do you think calls the man who teach the pastors how to be pastor? Does not God do that as well? This is making my head hurt. :th_frusty:

6 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

You just place too much faith in men. God will teach us everything we NEED to know to accomplish His will in our lives. Going to a school to learn from men, no matter their motives, shows a lack of faith in the Power of God.

We put all our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. But we have Pastors who teach those on this earth God's Word so we can know Him. There are good Pastors and there are bad Pastors.

Some qualities of a good pastor

1. Character

2. Knowledge

3. A true love of God that comes out in his teachings.

4. Competence

5. Courage to preach the true literal Word of God even if he is criticized.

Guest Teditis
16 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

Going to a school to learn from men, no matter their motives, shows a lack of faith in the Power of God.

No it doesn't.... God said that there was to be teachers in the Church:

Eph. 4

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Education is not a sin and gaining intelligence from learning by a teacher is encouraged in the Bible both OT and NT.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A Pastor is someone who has spiritual care over a congregation. A shepherd of God's flock. A Pastor has been through seminary.

Not necessarily.  You don't have to go through seminary to be a pastor.  While I agree most have schooling there is plenty who have not and still have a pastor heart.  And to say something like they just take money and have a government sponsored certificate judgmental.  You don't know their hearts.  My first youth pastor was in the Methodist Church.  When I was saved at 15 and I told him what had happened, he laughed.  He had seminary training.  I rest my case.

Just now, RustyAngeL said:

Not necessarily.  You don't have to go through seminary to be a pastor.  While I agree most have schooling there is plenty who have not and still have a pastor heart.  And to say something like they just take money and have a government sponsored certificate judgmental.  You don't know their hearts.  My first youth pastor was in the Methodist Church.  When I was saved at 15 and I told him what had happened, he laughed.  He had seminary training.  I rest my case.

Of course that is not a prerequisite for being a Pastor. That is my personal choice to attend a Church where the Pastor has the respect of his congregation to have gone to school to prepare himself for teaching his Church. I am not judging. It is a matter of choice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A Pastor is someone who has spiritual care over a congregation. A shepherd of God's flock. A Pastor has been through seminary.

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

I think this is a duplicate. Perhaps you could delete it.