IGNORED

I am struggling

Guest Robert
3 hours ago, Kelby said:

But can it also be applied to our present time? I worry at times whether or not I've   completely trusted in the Lord. I have days when I believe and have absolutely no doubt. Then there are some days it almost feels like something is hindering my belief, like a brick wall in my path. My grandmother tells me all the time I'm too hard on myself, perhaps she's right. 

It is applicable to our present time Kelby, but before you panic, consider this: those who shrank back sampled God's grace and mercy, but never took Him at His word for it. They came to a certain point, then turned around and went back to their old ways, and never met God at the Cross. They went just far enough to see all that God was offering, but did not take the last step and take Him up on his offer.

I believe you did, and that's the difference.

As for doubt: faith is not a lack of doubt, but believing in spite of it. Just as with courage, which isn't a lack of fear, but doing what's right in spite of it. Keep in mind what scripture says:

" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1, KJV)

It doesn't mean we will not doubt, but that we will not let our doubts override our trust in the Lord. Do we have doubts? Yes, and several others in scripture had them too: Elijah, Moses, Gideon, the 12 disciples (at one point or another), John the Baptist...it did not mean they were not committed or unfaithful. But it did show they were human, and that they had times where like Peter on the water, they saw the waves instead of the lord. Yet, Jesus didn't tell Peter "Have fun learning to breathe like a fish!"

God's not looking to boot you out at the earliest possible time from salvation Kelby: He wants to help you. The fact tat you're fighting this battle and you want to do what is right shows your heart is for the Lord, and He sees that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I know we are commanded to repent, but if one dies with sin they've not repented of even if they believe, are they saved?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, Kelby said:

I know we are commanded to repent, but if one dies with sin they've not repented of even if they believe, are they saved?

Rom 10:9-11
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11
NASB

I don't remember where it says that we are capable if never sinning again after we believe and confess Jesus as our Lord.....    that just makes the devil push you harder and harder.    Doubt has come to everyone I know at times....   just keep your mind and eye on the Lord and he will bring you through...   It has been my experience that the devil raises the level of temptation as things go along.....   and they can come further apart so they seem to kind of sneak up on you....   I have failed, but as soon as I understood the failure we have a talk about it and work on not doing it again....    I can't imagine knowing about a sin that I have not asked forgiveness over....

41 minutes ago, other one said:

I have failed, but as soon as I understood the failure we have a talk about it and work on not doing it again....    I can't imagine knowing about a sin that I have not asked forgiveness over....

To give you a glimpse of how my mind works, I pray many times a day, mostly asking for forgiveness for when I've sinned. Through the the course of the day I may pray 20-30 times, when in actuality I've committed sin only once or twice. Outwardly I don't commit many sins, but inwardly is a maelstrom of evil thoughts. It is hard to keep track. 

Mark 7:21-23 KJV
[21] For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, [22] Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: [23] All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Edited by Kelby

invoke the name of Jesus and tell the thoughts to go away...    it sounds like what I was experiencing half a lifetime ago when I hadn't really given it all over to the Lord.....    Declare with you mouth (keyboard) this day that Jesus Christ is the lord of your life, and demand in his name that Satan leave you alone......   it will make him mad but he will start to leave you alone.,.....   but you better really mean it when you say that Jesus is your Lord...

1 hour ago, other one said:

Declare with you mouth (keyboard) this day that Jesus Christ is the lord of your life, and demand in his name that Satan leave you alone......   it will make him mad but he will start to leave you alone.,.....   but you better really mean it when you say that Jesus is your Lord...

Time after time I've done this, and if I hadn't meant it by know, I don't know what to do. 

2 hours ago, Kelby said:

Time after time I've done this, and if I hadn't meant it by know, I don't know what to do. 

you need to read this book "Spiritual Warfare.... Christians, Demonization and Deliverance" by Karl Payne.

If your problem is being done by harassing demonic forces it will help you identify and help remedy the harassment.

Guest Robert
9 hours ago, Kelby said:

I don't think God takes away salvation just because you weren't able to repent of a particular sin. If it worked like that, all Satan would have to do is get someone to sin then run them over with a bus. As I said before: God's not looking for reasons to kick people out.

Edited by RobertS

14 hours ago, RobertS said:

I don't think God takes away salvation just because you weren't able to repent of a particular sin. If it worked like that, all Satan would have to do is get someone to sin then run them over with a bus. As I said before: God's not looking for reasons to kick people out.

Who are the people these verses speak of?

Romans 1:21-26,28-32 KJV
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. [24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. [26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I feel like this has happened to me. Would God ever change a reprobate or forgive?