• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes He does...

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 
(1Pe 1:23)

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 
(Jas 1:18)

Are you?

I was thinking about a different kind of creation.  As for your last question, I have been asked that more on this board than I have in the last 50 years, and I am tired of being asked.  So, I will tell you, that is between me and God, you have no part in it, so stay out of it.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I was thinking about a different kind of creation.  As for your last question, I have been asked that more on this board than I have in the last 50 years, and I am tired of being asked.  So, I will tell you, that is between me and God, you have no part in it, so stay out of it.

Christians don't ever pass up a chance to give their testimony about Jesus.   Christians are never offended by such a question.  

• Group:  Royal Member *

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Christians don't ever pass up a chance to give their testimony about Jesus.   Christians are never offended by such a question.  

They should be when it is a passive aggressive way to silence them.  Questioning a person's faith is Christian's version of playing the race card.  Someone doesn't agree with you, question their faith and it will often shut them up like playing the race card does.  I am done playing that game with you or anyone else.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

They should be when it is a passive aggressive way to silence them.  Questioning a person's faith is Christian's version of playing the race card.  Someone doesn't agree with you, question their faith and it will often shut them up like playing the race card does.  I am done playing that game with you or anyone else.

Ah, the victim card.   Yowm didn't say anything that was passive aggressive toward you.  He asked an honest question.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Ah, the victim card.   Yowm didn't say anything that was passive aggressive toward you.  He asked an honest question.

An honest question that only seems to be asked when there is a disagreement, how convienent that is.  And I am no victim, I can stand up for myself very well

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That is no secret for me when asked. Yes.

Maybe so many are asking for good reasons And why get defensive about it?

There is no secret for me either, I have answered the question enough since joining this board.  I get defensive because for decades I have seen that question used to silence questions and those who have different views.  It is no different than playing the race card.  You see it happen to people on this board a lot, as soon as someone does not go along with the crowd their very faith is called into question. 

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Sorry, didn't mean it that way.

Then what was the point of the question?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Out of the Shadows......your replies to people do not reflect the Love of Christ,to put it mildly,okay? And does it ever make you wonder why so many people keep askimng you if you are a Christian?

Does that really sound like something a follower of Christ says? Sheesh,what a way to spread the Gospel,unlike anything I have ever seen!!! My friend,Yown has noit been here very long,he doesn't know you from a hole in the wall & he has been nothing but honest,polite & courteous.......I think he is due an apology,don't you?

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Out of the Shadows......your replies to people do not reflect the Love of Christ,to put it mildly,okay? And does it ever make you wonder why so many people keep askimng you if you are a Christian?

Does that really sound like something a follower of Christ says? Sheesh,what a way to spread the Gospel,unlike anything I have ever seen!!! My friend,Yown has noit been here very long,he doesn't know you from a hole in the wall & he has been nothing but honest,polite & courteous.......I think he is due an apology,don't you?

I speak my mind, sometimes that comes out harsh, but often the truth has a sting to it.

And I am not the only one it happens to, it happend to someone just today (or maybe yesterday) on the thread about Pastors, and what was her crime...disagreeing with the job of a pastor.  Ask yourself, why does it never happen when everyone is agreeing 100%,  the only people who are ever questioned are those that think differently than the group.

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Curiosity. Hope that is not a crime.

Yown, if I misjudged your motives, I apologize.