missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

How do we know that there is a God if we can't see Him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We walk by faith not by sight.

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

We walk by faith not by sight.

That is true but those who do not know God or are seeking God and have questions this is one of the biggest.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Just now, missmuffet said:

That is true but those who do not know God or are seeking God and have questions this is one of the biggest.

Starting in Romans 1:20-21 That His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead so they will be without excuse, because although they knew God they did not glorify Him as God nor were thankful but became futile in their thoughts and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Go on and read the rest of the chapter. 

So even if they have never heard of God they should see Him in everything around them.  In other words as the word says, they will be without excuse.

2 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Starting in Romans 1:20-21 That His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead so they will be without excuse, because although they knew God they did not glorify Him as God nor were thankful but became futile in their thoughts and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Go on and read the rest of the chapter. 

So even if they have never heard of God they should see Him in everything around them.  In other words as the word says, they will be without excuse.

Yes,seeing Him in everything around them is definitely one of the evidence of God.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The simple answer is you cant KNOW there is a God, only believe there is one. 

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The one thing people need to avoid is claiming that they "know" or can "prove" that God exists.  It sets up a level of expectation that no evidence can rise to.

A better way of looking at it is that we can provide evidence for God's existence.  We can demonstrate that our faith is evidentiary and not blind and that our faith is reasonable and rational.   It is rational to believe in God.   That doesn't "prove" that God exists empirically, but it does show that belief in God is not on the level of believing flying pigs or Santa Claus.   It is important to make the distinction between what is invisible and what is imaginary.

Having said that, there is a "knowing"  that is not empirical, but is relational.  I cannot prove I have a relationship with God, but I know within myself that to be true.  I cannot prove it to anyone and would never claim to do so.   But one evidence of God's existence is the lives he has transformed.  I am not talking about behavioral modification, either.  I am talking about a complete and utter inward transformation.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The desire of God through our senses is in fact the battle... we began in sin as sin and our senses were our god.
We have placed all faith in that which passes away and have built from that point. When the reality of God 'IS'
presented from His Word and we begin to understand that the issue of existence is not dependent upon the first
created elements we are for the first time moved from total dependence of beginning sinful existence to other...
As those who have come to Him in belief that has energized a new mind we build upon that which has not even
come into experiential presence yet but by faith it is as good as it is already here! Sanctification is living totally
upon His Word and forming thought, actions and direction upon that substance - all the while the world will call
you a fool... all the while The Third Member of The Trinity 'The Holy Spirit' testifies of His presence within us by
miracles, answered prayers, forming spiritual substance more profound and desired than the physical which
passes away... 

1 John 3:2-3

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
KJV

1 John 2:28-29

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
KJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How do we know that there is a God....
if we can't see Him....

:sherlock:

Because

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 19:17

He Tells Us

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

So

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Look at the human body and how perfect and wonderfully made it is. Look at the human brain and how intricate it is. There has to be a intelligent designer.