• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, brakelite said:

According too Paul true Israel are those of the same faith as Abraham...not the geneological children.

Is that what Isaiah 9:6 says?   

Now, exactly 1260 years later, in 1798,

The two witnesses lay dead in the streets of Jerusalem 3 1/2 years?

Finished. Their next view of Christ would be in the clouds of heaven coming to judge. Jesus' prophecy before His crucifixion, that their house (not the Father's house or the Lord's house anymore) was left to them desolate, was coming to fruition. Prophecied by Jesus, sentenced by the prophet Steven, carried out by Titus.

Why will thye say  "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord" ?

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Why is Jesus rescuing them in Zechariah 14,

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/10/2016 at 4:48 AM, douggg said:

Is that what Isaiah 9:6 says?  

Paul, a greater theologian than either you or I, says   "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Rom. 9:6,7

So I would imagine that in answer to your question, he would answer yes. And he would affirm that by giving the following reason..."But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Rom. 9:31-33.

Romans 11:1 ¶  I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2  God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3  Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4  But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5  Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The two witnesses lay dead in the streets of Jerusalem 3 1/2 years?

The witnesses are not literal Elijah and Moses as many assume. A correct Bible study would reveal that the scriptures...the witness of the OT and the witness of the NT lay in the street 3 1/2 years under the reign of the beast that rose from the bottomless pit.

When atheism began its journey into the world during the French revolution,being the genesis of communism, history tells us that the French parliament brought a prostitute into the house of government and celebrated the 'Goddess of Reason", banning the Bible from the whole land, burning every copy they could lay their hands on, and murdering anyone who professed any kind of faith in God, regardless of denomination. This state of affairs lasted exactly 3 and 1/2 years, after which time the scriptures were once again brought into the open and legalized, being 'raised up from the dead' immediately Bible Societies were established the world over; these were the two olive trees...read...Zechariah 4: 3  And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
4  So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
5  Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
6  Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Why will thye say  "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord" ?

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Isaiah 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Romans 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Even Satan in the end will be forced to confess that Jesus is Lord. Albeit reluctantly, but not to his salvation. All the wicked, and the righteous, will say blessed is He that cometh.

Why is Jesus rescuing them in Zechariah 14,

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

You think this is about the nation of Israel? No my friend, this is about the church. It is the church that Jesus rescues from global conflagration at the end of time. Jerusalem is a metaphor for God's people of all ages in prophecy when referring to the final days, and the women who are ravished are those unfaithful churches, the harlots, the apostate daughters of Babylon. "Those nations" are all the empires of the first beast of Revelation 13, the composites remnants of pagan history, depicted as the gold, silver, bronze, and iron and clay of the statue of Daniel 2. Destroyed by the "rightness of His coming", the Rock cut out of the mountain without hands. The residue of verse 2 are the remnant people of God who are witnesses to the final plagues and who will bear personal testimony throughout eternity to the righteousness and true justice and the fairness of the judgment of God upon the wicked.
upon the wicked

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 13/10/2016 at 5:18 PM, brakelite said:

Paul, a greater theologian than either you or I, says   "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Rom. 9:6,7

So I would imagine that in answer to your question, he would answer yes. And he would affirm that by giving the following reason..."But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Rom. 9:31-33.

Romans 11:1 ¶  I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2  God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3  Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4  But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5  Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The witnesses are not literal Elijah and Moses as many assume. A correct Bible study would reveal that the scriptures...the witness of the OT and the witness of the NT lay in the street 3 1/2 years under the reign of the beast that rose from the bottomless pit.

When atheism began its journey into the world during the French revolution,being the genesis of communism, history tells us that the French parliament brought a prostitute into the house of government and celebrated the 'Goddess of Reason", banning the Bible from the whole land, burning every copy they could lay their hands on, and murdering anyone who professed any kind of faith in God, regardless of denomination. This state of affairs lasted exactly 3 and 1/2 years, after which time the scriptures were once again brought into the open and legalized, being 'raised up from the dead' immediately Bible Societies were established the world over; these were the two olive trees...read...Zechariah 4: 3  And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
4  So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
5  Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
6  Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Romans 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Even Satan in the end will be forced to confess that Jesus is Lord. Albeit reluctantly, but not to his salvation. All the wicked, and the righteous, will say blessed is He that cometh.

You think this is about the nation of Israel? No my friend, this is about the church. It is the church that Jesus rescues from global conflagration at the end of time. Jerusalem is a metaphor for God's people of all ages in prophecy when referring to the final days, and the women who are ravished are those unfaithful churches, the harlots, the apostate daughters of Babylon. "Those nations" are all the empires of the first beast of Revelation 13, the composites remnants of pagan history, depicted as the gold, silver, bronze, and iron and clay of the statue of Daniel 2. Destroyed by the "rightness of His coming", the Rock cut out of the mountain without hands. The residue of verse 2 are the remnant people of God who are witnesses to the final plagues and who will bear personal testimony throughout eternity to the righteousness and true justice and the fairness of the judgment of God upon the wicked.
upon the wicked

This is NOT the "church" at all :

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Take note of the last declaration : "and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. "

The Lord AND His saints (in tow) come to rescue them (Israel) .. meaning .. the gathering to Christ in the clouds had already taken place and now "they" are coming from the clouds down to earth to save the remnant of Israel  on that SAME DAY (day of the Lord).

Cheers.

Edited by Serving