IGNORED

Now that I am old and grey, O Lord forsake me not (Psalm 71:18)

markdohle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I will be 63 in Nov. I am next to the oldest at work. Used to be the other way .

So smile I will be   64 in December.  Your a year younger then me.  Make you feel better???  LOL

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Not unless I could be 23 again. Lol.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,227
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, markdohle said:

The Lord is faithful that is what I have learned.  In the past, like every human being, I had some very painful dark times.  There is no place one can go to and escape that.  Yet in all of it, even when I failed deeply, the Lord brought me back.  The light came flooding back, a grace, a gift, and now as I enter my last decades (hopefully I have a few decades left); I know now that they will pass even faster than the last 45 years here.  God seems to be touching my soul in ways that I never thought possible when younger and as my trust grows, even when he seems to be sleeping in the boat and I am tossed here and there by my inner tumult, yet I am secure. 

O Lord even the darkness is not dark to you;
 the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. (Psalm 139 12)

Hi markdohle,

I have really enjoyed reading your thread & what you & others have said. So uplifting to hear of someone`s journey in the Lord. And we are all closer to glory now than before, as we all know & look expectantly.

I have a friend who goes to the Catholic church. When we are together we try to find common ground in our Lord. She was a former Pentecostal with me, so this is a challenge to me, not to argue but come before the Lord together.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Mark I agree Elizabeth theology of the Trinity is deeply profound. Trinity who I adore which she wrote opens a lot of light on her theology. She has change my views on the Catholic church. I have three books on her life and letters. I think she also was influence by St Threse. She had a copy of a story of a soul. I did read that book too. Two different ways but very close. I think Elizabeth was more influence by the Apostle Paul. She took a lot out of the book of Ephesians. To be a praise of his glory was her chief aim. I do really think she has helped me to come out of myself and to cling to God . Someday in the future it would be my delight to visit and worship with you there. God Bless

Thank for your beautiful response.  It would wonderful meeting you one day my friend.

Peace
Mark

6 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Amen brother I have the same problem  I"m  63 and it's seems the whole world is younger then I am.  There a man living across the street.  I care for his dog during the day when he working 10 hours.  He was a Marine and is now a Conversation Officer on the 29 Palms Marine Base that is about 30 miles from me.  I could be his mom.  In fact I think I"m older then his mom.  OY VEY!

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Yeah, people come here who are 50 years old, and I remember that they were only five when I came here....time flies. 

Peace

Mark

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi markdohle,

I have really enjoyed reading your thread & what you & others have said. So uplifting to hear of someone`s journey in the Lord. And we are all closer to glory now than before, as we all know & look expectantly.

I have a friend who goes to the Catholic church. When we are together we try to find common ground in our Lord. She was a former Pentecostal with me, so this is a challenge to me, not to argue but come before the Lord together.

regards, Marilyn.

I am used to catholic bashing, it does not bother me.  Those who do it here I just don't respond, really too old and tired to do that nonsense anymore.  I am very happy that your friend focus on the Lord and seek his Face together.  We are all one in Jesus, even if some judge that not to be true......that is on them, not me.....they are still my bothers and sister in Christ Jesus. 

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

I hope that's not the reason you skipped over my question. Actually it wasn't mine but my wife was genuinely interested. But never mind, perhaps it is of a too personal nature or would be seized by others to do some bashing.

Sorry, I was tired when I responded.....I felt a strong call when I was 15 and never lost it.  When I was 18 I joined the Navy because I knew 18 was too young to enter any community.  My relationship with God has always been important to me, I have always felt his pull through grace and so it has been a slow growth towards trust.   Monastic life is for me, I am called to it, though many don't understand it.  I have also had a strong understanding of how fleeting life is, how important love is, and how we are all connected to Christ Jesus.  In the Body of Christ we all of our place, this is mine.  When I pray I feel a connection with all mean and woman, no matter who they are and lift them up to God's mercy.  I believe many monks pray this way.

Peace
mark