IGNORED

House of Prayer for all Peoples

firestormx

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, Yowm said:

One says 'no biblical restrictions, entering into the same areas'.

The other says,'limited to the outer court'.

Ok, which is it?

Ezra isn't saying that God or the Bible made that restriction.   The Jews made that restriction based on the fact that Jews and Gentiles were considered separate.  Basically that restriction the barrier that blocked off the Gentiles was in the 2nd temple period, not the temple of Solomon that we are aware of.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

35 minutes ago, Ezra said:

While the Temple stood, Jews and Gentiles were regarded as being separate, since God had a covenant relationship with Israel. Therefore Gentiles were limited to the outer court.

Where is this in the bible?

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Ezra isn't saying that God or the Bible made that restriction.   The Jews made that restriction based on the fact that Jews and Gentiles were considered separate.  Basically that restriction the barrier that blocked off the Gentiles was in the 2nd temple period, not the temple of Solomon that we are aware of.  

I love the way you explain things, it makes things so simple to understand

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Yowm said:

I don't have Ungers, to verify. So Unger is saying that is not given in Scripture but was introduced through tradition?

Given that we have no record of God ever commanding the Jews to cordon off the Gentiles to a certain area or "court,"  it would have to be something extra-biblical, more or less based on tradition.   And it was in the 2nd Temple area that Herod built, not during the 1st Temple period.

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Interesting, I had pretty much assumed that Solomon's Temple had those restrictions. 

So Paul was strictly referring to Herod's temple (as opposed to Solomon's) when speaking of ...

Ephesians 2:14 KJVS
[14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ;

Or is that merely speaking of the ceremonial laws?

It is my conviction that he was drawing on 2nd temple imagery  in that verse, yes.   He had that wall/barrier in mind, I think.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Correct. Herod had this inscription posted in Greek:

Not until 1871 did archaeologists actually discover one written in Greek. Its seven line inscription reads as follows: NO FOREIGNER IS TO GO BEYOND THE BALUSTRADE AND THE PLAZA OF THE TEMPLE ZONE WHOEVER IS CAUGHT DOING SO WILL HAVE HIMSELF TO BLAME FOR HIS DEATH WHICH WILL FOLLOW.

Thank you to everyone who has posted. This started as trying to research and dig into something I heard about with the temple. It got sidetracked into this when I couldn't find an answer. Maybe now I can finally get into what I was trying to study about the temple to start with. Something I heard about something like " the temple is a metaphor for a person or a body. The different sections of the temple ( the different sections is who I got into this thread topic )  representing different parts of the body and spirit. I don't know if I am describing this right so I will stop. Anyway, thanks again to all who have posted. Anyone whom may have more info on this please feel free to share. I have a feeling I will be looking into and studying the temple for a while. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 12/08/2016 at 11:53 AM, firestormx said:

Isaiah 56:7

even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer:
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar;
for my
 house shall be called a house of prayer for all people.

Jesus quotes this verse I believe when he overturns the money changers tables and says they have made God's house a den of thieves. My question is this. If God's temple, his house, will be called a house of prayer for all people, how come only Jews can go into it? How can it be a House of prayer for all people if only one people can go in? If another temple was built, could Christians enter and not defile the temple according to God?

firestormx

Matthew 21:13   And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

It's great you picked that up and connected it to Isaiah!

Jesus overturned the tables of the money exchangers in the temple.  That physical temple which once stood for the God of Israel and his holy laws had become polluted spiritually, not just then, but even before he displayed his anger.  In this instance they were making merchandise out of God.  Still doing the same today.....

The God of Israel, is also the same God of us all.  He has not changed, and to serve him back then, or today, all have to adhere to his laws.  If you go back and read the chapter in Isaiah again it says this;

Isaiah 56:3   Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

Isaiah 56:4   For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:5   Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 56:6   Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:7   Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

The same today.  That holy mountain is the kingdom of God.  This is what he is really speaking about.  Back then, they still had laws to follow, and even if strangers adhered and served the Lord according to his commandments, they were joined to his children and accepted by the Lord.  Today the prophecy applies to all of us, only this time, the temple has been already built for us to enter, but it's not a physical temple.  Jesus said "destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up".  This is the true temple we ought to dwell in, Christ, and no man can forbid.  All are invited.  The believing gentiles are entering that new temple today, and if they do not worship in spirit and in truth, then yes, they can defile it spiritually, and have,... which is why Christ will start with cleaning out his kingdom at his return.  He gets to say who has defiled it and who hasn't.

1 Peter 4:17   For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

You on the right track , this is the body of Messiah.

The Face:

The Holy of Holies is where his face is. We see him face to face when we are in the Holy of Holies. 

The right hand:

In Revelation 1:20 Jesus has the seven menorah’s (lamp-stands) in his right hand. This is the 7 congragations

And this is where the lamp-stand is located in the tabernacle (on the right side).

The left hand:

The table of show-bread is in his left hand (the hidden manna in Revelation 2:17)

The heart

The altar of incense is at his heart which symbolizes worship.

Revelation 5:8 tells us that the“incense is the prayers of the saints” and this means that the bride (his body) worships from the heart 

The open wound:

The bronze laver is where the water gushed out of his side!

The feet:

His feet are like bronze in Revelation 1:15 and the bronze altar is at the bottom of the tabernacle

1471082049024-185529422.jpg

This is exactly what I was trying to describe . Thank you so much for posting this

2 hours ago, Sister said:

firestormx

Matthew 21:13   And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

The same today.  That holy mountain is the kingdom of God.  This is what he is really speaking about.  Back then, they still had ws to follow, and even if strangers adhered and served the Lord according to his commandments, they were joined to his children and accepted by the Lord.  Today the prophecy applies to all of us, only this time, the temple has been already built for us to enter, but it's not a physical temple.  Jesus said "destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up".  This is the true temple we ought to dwell in, Christ, and no man can forbid.  All are invited.  The believing gentiles are entering that new temple today, and if they do not worship in spirit and in truth, then yes, they can defile it spiritually, and have,... which is why Christ will start with cleaning out his kingdom at his return.  He gets to say who has defiled it and who hasn't.

1 Peter 4:17   For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Thanks for the reminder to keep the spiritual aspect of this in mind.  

Edited by firestormx