• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A pondering just formed in my mind.

Why do you suppose God never gave a directive for the Israelites to build a temple?

2 Samuel 7
1 Now when the king lived in his house and the LORD had given him rest from all his surrounding enemies, 2 the king said to Nathan the prophet, "See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells in a tent." 3 And Nathan said to the king, "Go, do all that is in your heart, for the LORD is with you." 4 But that same night the word of the LORD came to Nathan, 5 "Go and tell my servant David, 'Thus says the LORD: Would you build me a house to dwell in? 6 I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent for my dwelling. 7 In all places where I have moved with all the people of Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, "Why have you not built me a house of cedar?"' 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, firestormx said:

Thanks for the reminder to keep the spiritual aspect of this in mind.  

You are most welcome!

Israel will build a new temple before Christ returns, but this temple will be built for an imposter.  It's not God's temple, but seen as an abomination. 

Even in the 1000 yrs to come, the true temple is also not made out brick, wood or stone.

Revelation 21:22   And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It is a spiritual temple where sacrifices of the heart are made.  We do this in our every day walk, no matter where we are,... when we say no to sin, we keep the temple clean. 

1 Peter 2:5   Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.