• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

When Steve Jobs expired in 2011, Apple fans the world over mourned his passing. But the reality is: they didn't mourn Jobs because relatively few people were ever close enough to him to know the kind of man he was. No, the world mourned the loss of an iconic image rather than a man. But even though the truth about Jobs' despicable personality is now widely known, people still admire him regardless because to despise Jobs is to despise innovation, the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod --who in their right mind could possibly despise any of that?

It's the same with Mother Teresa. Relatively few people were ever close enough to know her mind the way it really was. But even though the truth about Teresa's deplorable spiritual condition is now widely available, people still think she's the cat's meow among Christian missionaries due to her power over their minds as an iconic image; much the same way that Che Guevara has become a cultural symbol for every kind of rebellion imaginable in spite of his Marxist politics.

/

Edited by WebersHome

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, WebersHome said:

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not really exist."

:sherlock:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Her works were of love for the lord .She did not do it to go to heaven when she died. She believe in the death of christ for the sins of the world. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, markdohle said:

Thank you.  Many people and not just Catholics for whatever reason do not deepen their faith through study and prayer.  I find it strange that reality.  Our faith is our skin, who we are, our souls connection with God.  I have always been taught that Jesus is my savior from the beginning.  I won't go into sacraments etc., not worth the bother ;-).

There are some here however who do believe that because I am Catholic I am going to hell.   I don't get upset about it, just sigh and go on.

Peace
Mark

Hi Mark  I know you know the Lord. Dont be bother by any who are anti Catholic . The Catholic church is part of christ body. When I realize that I was filled with joy. One time ago only the Catholic church existed.  No other churches.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

19 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Mark  I know you know the Lord. Dont be bother by any who are anti Catholic . The Catholic church is part of christ body. When I realize that I was filled with joy. One time ago only the Catholic church existed.  No other churches.  

Thank you Wayne.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Hoddie said:
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Ezra said:

Most Christians are not attacking the adherents of Roman Catholicism, since Catholics are generally upstanding, moral people trying to do the right thing, and some may even be genuinely saved.

Most Christians? Unfortunately, it is obvious by the remainder of your post you don't belong in that category.

But they are victims of the entire Roman system, which is NOT Bible Christianity. So Catholics themselves should be questioning what their church teaches in view of what the Bible reveals.

The Roman system? How about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics?

The RCC teaches that the majority (if not all) of their adherents will go to Purgatory when they die, hence extreme unction, masses for the dead, and hence indulgences.

How about you show us some "official" Catholic documents that says the Catholic Church teaches what you claim, instead of tossing your views out there with nothing to back it up. The Catechism of the Catholic Church would be a good place to start.

Or are these just your personal opinions, which I have to ask..... fallible or infallible?

The Bible teaches that every genuine believer is already a saint and will go directly to Heaven when they die.

Book Chapter and verse please.

I beleive for one to get to heaven, one has to come to God and be saved, need to repent, have faith, and be baptized. If I commit mortal sin, I need to repent, have faith, and go to confession.

If I do these things, I’ll be in a state of grace, and as long as I remain in a state of grace, I’ll go to heaven. However, there is this thing called free will, and I/we can still turn our backs on God and fall from grace, to use St. Paul’s phrase (Gal. 5:4).

St. Paul is very clear about the possibility of us committing mortal sin. He tells us: "Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:9-10).

To turn away from God and commit mortal sin is the opposite of repenting. So when we fall into mortal sin, we need to turn back to God—to repent again. That’s it. That’s all there is to it. And I can show each of these things from the Bible.

Peace

p.s. Can you tell me as to what church you are a member of? How old is it? and who started it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Critics like Christopher Hitchens typically focus upon Teresa's practices. Well; in my opinion, a focus in that direction is entertaining but quite useless for Christ's followers. I chose to focus upon the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion instead because it's the supernatural aspects that matter the most; for example:

†. John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Did Jesus and his Father make their dwelling with Teresa and express their love for her in ways she could understand and appreciate? No; that poor woman endured virtually five decades yearning for even the slightest glimmer of their presence.

And then there's this too:

†. 1John 1:3 . .What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; for our fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ.

Teresa's fellowship with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ wasn't even marginal; it was non-existent.

And these:

†. John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

†. Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Teresa longed and longed for a connect with Christ and his Father in the manner described in those two passages but it never happened.

Now, of course an irreligious critic like Hitchens would not be interested in the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion because it's all just myth and hocus pocus to guys like him. But those of us serious about connecting with Christ and his Father would quite naturally be very interested because in the backs of our minds we all fear the event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and the possibility of facing death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.

/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

p.s. Can you tell me as to what church you are a member of? How old is it? and who started it?

The oldest Church there is -- the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ -- started by Christ Himself on the Day of Pentecost.  And it was not in Rome but in Jerusalem in AD 33!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

5 hours ago, Hoddie said:

p.s. Can you tell me as to what church you are a member of....
How old is it? and who....
started it...

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved,

He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. Colossians 1:17-18 (New Living Translation)

Yes, Jesus Is Our Ark

Those who went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him; and the LORD shut him in. The flood was forty days on the earth. The waters increased, and lifted up the ship, and it was lifted up above the earth. Genesis 7:6-7 (New Heart English Bible)

http://www.versebyverseministry.org/devotionals/jesus_as_type_in_the_old_testament_noahs_ark

Prehaps Our Brother Pete Can Help
For Salvation Started From Before The Foundation Of The World

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 1 Peter 1:20 (New International Version)

And Because You Are Sanctified By Him

Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth. John 17:17-19 (Berean Study Bible)

You Are Indeed A Saint

When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:8-10 ( English Standard Version)

Would God Lie

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

The oldest Church there is -- the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ -- started by Christ Himself on the Day of Pentecost.  And it was not in Rome but in Jerusalem in AD 33!

So Ezra, are you saying that the Church which Jesus Christ founded is "invisible"?

Peace