• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

If that's what you believe.

What I believe is you didn't answer my questions. I'm not going to go into a huge soliloquy about it... I like to keep things short and to the point.

Edited by StanJ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0

2 hours ago, Dok said:

The most discouraging thing about ernest questions like his, from those who are hurting, is that instead of prayerfully answering his question(s), we start debating each other!!! One offers a response, another disagrees with the response!!! What is the hurting person supposed to think??? Folks, look before you leap, pray before you post!!!

I totally agree and in my experience usually people start their own thread about the issue if they don't agree with the answers they're seeing, but this is a discussion forum so unfortunately these things do occur. I apologize to Beebert if he is discouraged by this discussion, but I can't ignore something I know to be wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

8 minutes ago, StanJ said:

They were under the old Covenant and they knew God and the same thing applies now under the New Covenant but we call it saved. In either case they send and we as Christians sin. There's a reason that Jesus warn them and didn't say that they had committed this sin because they hadn't but they got so close to it that he had to warn them. 

well, I don't agree with your interpretation- but I don't see any point in belaboring the issue--

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0

5 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

well, I don't agree with your interpretation- but I don't see any point in belaboring the issue--

Well if you want to start a thread about it please do and let me know and I'll participate but I'm not sure I can tell you much more if you've already made up your mind. It's pretty clear from my perspective. Thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

Folks, look before you leap, pray before you post!!!

one of the things about an open forum and folks coming in with serious questions and hurts is that anyone can give advise or an opinion, and if a reply is clearly non scriptural it can lead the seeker astray- so its almost mandatory to respond to posts that may not be doctrinally sound for the protection of the seeker

but you are correct- prayerfully consider what you say

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Well the mistake I made before when I went astray and fell away instead of repenting was that I confused my Self into wrong theology where I because of my guilty feelings thought I needed to pay back a debt and start trying to obey everyone else and completely erase myself. Now I didn't understand Faith and Christ's finished work on the cross completely. That I did wrong, thinking I had to walk around paying back for my wrongdoings the rest of my life instead of realizing Christ wanted to make me undeservingly free

Edited by Beebert

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

51 minutes ago, Beebert said:

Well the mistake I made before when I went astray and fell away instead of repenting was that I confused my Self into wrong theology where I because of my guilty feelings thought I needed to pay back a debt and start trying to obey everyone else and completely erase myself. Now I didn't understand Faith and Christ's finished work on the cross completely. That I did wrong, thinking I had to walk around paying back for my wrongdoings the rest of my life instead of realizing Christ wanted to make me undeservingly free

Beebert, I hope you understand that simply choosing not to convert immediately, the first time we feel a pull, does not damn us. If it did, virtually no one would be saved. For many people, it takes years and years of being witnessed to in order to change. People struggle with unbelief, people boldly reject God's truth and teaching, and many times only after hitting rock bottom do they finally understand and repent.

Please read (or listen) to this teaching on the subject by John Piper. I believe it may help you understand better: http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/beyond-forgiveness-blasphemy-against-the-spirit

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yes sure! Well I don't want to sound negative now haha because I appreciate your help. But I actually find John Piper's view very discouraging for me since I feel exactly like I am an Esau who gave away his blessing and now find no place for repentance . You see I start imagining all kinds of things. Apparently too much imagination and overthinking are enemies of God. And these are things I pray to be free from so I can get some clarity... Maybe you don't have to convert right away but you know... 1.5 years ago I felt like Augustine. Having this major conversionexperience which I though negleced which Augustine didn't. But I sincerely try to find a way back. I think maybe things might get clearer when I feel an understanding if God's will about what to do with this relationship.

Edited by Beebert

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/7/2016 at 6:17 AM, Beebert said:

Have I blasphemed the spirit?

the problem lies in the fact that I have been walking....
and stumbling all on my.... So, am I....
eternally damned....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved As I See It, To Blaspheme The Holy Spirit 

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Is To Deny The Very One He Points Too

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away:
for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin,
and of righteousness, and
of judgment:

Of sin,
because they believe not on me;
John 16:7-9

So, Brother Walk With God

Search me, O God,
and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

Joyfully

Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.
Despise not prophesyings.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-21

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. 2 Samuel 2:8

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

5 hours ago, StanJ said:

What I believe is you didn't answer my questions....
I'm not going to go into a huge....
soliloquy about it....

I like to keep things short and....
to the point....

:emot-heartbeat:

Short

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

And To The Point

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 31:31-37

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament