IGNORED

Our mortal enemy has deceived the church with many lies!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

10 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Please let's remember to keep it civil here in this discussion. I have not taken action to remove anyone from the thread, but things are getting a bit too personal. It is always best to remember to debate the subject and not the person.

I will review my posts and if prayerfully I find anything that might have been construed as a personal assault I will amend it-- its not my intention to resort to name calling or slamming another individual.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

if you are just like me then you are simply "whosover"

John 3:16“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” 

IMO, the problem is understanding the use of the English word "believe".

Please refer to the new thread comin' up shortly ... 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

Woundeddog, you can use inflamitory language (dragging infants) all you want.

Okay reviewing my posts it seems this as viewed by Judaes was an objectionable post-- I could have restated it as " infants carried down the aisle by God parents."

Edited by woundeddog

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

computer acting up- his wasnt a post- sorry

Edited by woundeddog

Guest Judas Machabeus

Kwick, 

i don't take an person, church or religion at their word. When a claim is made I go to the claimants source to understand their point of view. Than I weigh it against an opposing point of and lastly I test it against a secular source. 

When people say things like "don't go to catholic lies .org" I begin to question how open minded that person is. For instance, if I want to know what the mormans believe on a topic I am not going to a Protestant source to teach me what mormans believe. BUT I will test their believes using non morman sources. 

You asked me what my sources are so I would like to ask you for yours. You made some bold claims. 

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I discovered the role of the catholic church,they had nothing to do with the early church fathers

According to the Catholic and Orthodox Churches this statement is false. This is not only from a Catholic view but purely from a secular historical fact.

Ambrose

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrose

Jerome,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome

Augustine,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

Eusebius

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusebius

this is just to name a few AND linked back to non-catholic sources

for a more exhaustive list

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.65

52 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Kwick, 

i don't take an person, church or religion at their word. When a claim is made I go to the claimants source to understand their point of view. Than I weigh it against an opposing point of and lastly I test it against a secular source. 

When people say things like "don't go to catholic lies .org" I begin to question how open minded that person is. For instance, if I want to know what the mormans believe on a topic I am not going to a Protestant source to teach me what mormans believe. BUT I will test their believes using non morman sources. 

You asked me what my sources are so I would like to ask you for yours. You made some bold claims. 

According to the Catholic and Orthodox Churches this statement is false. This is not only from a Catholic view but purely from a secular historical fact.

Ambrose

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrose

Jerome,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome

Augustine,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

Eusebius

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusebius

this is just to name a few AND linked back to non-catholic sources

for a more exhaustive list

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/

One has to be careful when using Wikipedia.  If you look at the sources cited, you will see the affiliation to the Roman Catholic Church.  So they are hardly unbiased.

From Eusebius we learn the following:

When his own honesty was challenged by his contemporaries,[60] Gibbon appealed to a chapter heading in Eusebius' Praeparatio evangelica (Book XII, Chapter 31)[61] in which Eusebius discussed "That it will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such a mode of treatment."[62]

How trustworthy can Eusebius be?

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Zackster....

IMO, the problem is understanding the use of the English word "believe".

Please refer to the new thread comin' up shortly ... 

Oh I do know exactly where you are going,we certainley do agree here & on many things as we have come to find out through many a talk,,,,,,especially with this Scripture verse & context!!!!  Zack,of course I will join you in the new Topic,if I miss it please let me know where it is    Be Blessed Brother,Kwik

Blessings Saved one by Grace

One has to be careful when using Wikipedia.  If you look at the sources cited, you will see the affiliation to the Roman Catholic Church.  So they are hardly unbiased.

Thanks Brother,this is truly what I hope to encourage Judas to sort out & SEARCH.......we don't expect anyone t o simply take OUR word for anything,,,or anyone else's for that matter,that is why it is so important to research & study                 With love,your Sis,Kwik

Blessings Judas

When people say things like "don't go to catholic lies .org" I begin to question how open minded that person is.

Now you are mis-interpreting or mis-understanding what I've sad here because that is being open minded & unbiased......I said I am not telling you to go anywhere that i0s ANTI catholic ,,,I am telling you to check your sources .....you see,this is how a discussion goes nowhere & spirals out of control ,,,,,,everyone has to LISTEN to what  someone is saying & not assume they know what the persons intent or mindset is,,,,,,you don't have to refer to me as "people"..."when people say",okay? I am right here talking to you AND LISTENING to your every word & in doing so I believe we may be on the right track because your sources for information may not be w4hat you believed they are,.......& that can be a problem.....

They are not BOLD CLAIMS,I shared very little detail because I would need to write a book to write down the sources I used & spent over 25 years of my time and efforts to arrive at the conclusions I have & you just want to harp on one " I discovered the role of the catholic church,they had nothing to do with the early church fathers " This is what "I" discovered  in the process,one of may things .....if you discover something different with reliable source of references the the burden of proof would be y ours,not mine  Brother,I cannot do your research for you,although I wish I could,I can perhaps go back through some of my documents if you like but that will take quite a bit of time that I don't really have ,,,,,in my day we didn't have computers,I have files & files & files of paper....I didn't 'google",there was no google,I traveled far & wide and spent immeasurable hours ion the library,museums,monastery archives,convents,,it was taxing to say the least,but that is me & that was my quest....that journey  took a frightful turn & I went down several paths lead me straight to covens  & the darkest places the occult can take you to,I've learned much.....Not to mention The Books of Enoch,Jasher.....dead sea scrolls  that have not been canonized,Apochryphia,,,,,do you know the cathokic bible has 7 additional books?Now w4hy is that,what are they & how did they get there,,,,these are things that I would hope you would question,I have

I know it is very easy to jump on the internet & simply click away,,,,,lall I am saying is to know where your data & material is coming from,who said it & WHY?

God Bless you,Praise & Glory to God Most High                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,Thanks guys,,,,,,I am filled with JOY  to see the body of Christ,,,,,reasoning TOGETHER & not debating one another      Love you all,Kwik:emot-heartbeat: