FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

While a certain San Francisco 49er back up QB has the right to sit down or take a knee for the national anthem, along with many other NFL player on the teams time it doesn't seem to be case for a white MLB catcher, to voice his thoughts. 

Steve Clevenger on his own time and his own tweeter account wrote his personal opinion of BlM and President Obama.   Mind you he was not in uniform or even associating himself with his team the Seattle Mariners, but just spoke in so many words that he thought that Obama and BlM are jokes.  For which he has been suspended without pay.

So we can see that freedom of speak only goes for those who agree with leftist liberals view.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

There are a few things at play here.  First, the QB is taking a knee and not really saying anything else.  That is a very different than going on Social Media and calling out people/groups by name and insulting them.  Second, there is no guarantee of free speech granted by your employer, or I should say there is no guarantee to say whatever you want without consequences.  Third, there is the demographic of each sport, and its viewers.   When an entity such as the NFL or MLB is deciding what should and should not be allowed they are taking first and foremost their bank accounts into consideration.   The NFL has decided that the kneeling of players is not going to cost them viewers and MLB has decided that the tweets by this backup catcher would.  Thus the different responses. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

There are a few things at play here.  First, the QB is taking a knee and not really saying anything else.  That is a very different than going on Social Media and calling out people/groups by name and insulting them.  Second, there is no guarantee of free speech granted by your employer, or I should say there is no guarantee to say whatever you want without consequences.  Third, there is the demographic of each sport, and its viewers.   When an entity such as the NFL or MLB is deciding what should and should not be allowed they are taking first and foremost their bank accounts into consideration.   The NFL has decided that the kneeling of players is not going to cost them viewers and MLB has decided that the tweets by this backup catcher would.  Thus the different responses. 

He took it off the field to social media too. 

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But there is a pattern of "consequences"  if your public comments don't reflect the totalitarian views of the PC crowd.  If you are not a liberal automaton and taking the same anti-police, "America is a racist country"  line, then you are punished.   The defense of Kaepernick has been his right of "freedom of speech."   He can be as anti-America and hateful to the police as he wants in public, on the field and on TV and on the Internet and that is allowed on constitutional grounds.   But those who take issue with him in the same venues do not have the same "freedom of speech" that is afforded Kaepernick.  Suddenly, the Constitution is thrown out the window.  The MLB likely would not have suspended Clevenger had he affirmed Kaepernick.

So it is a double standard for the PC crowd to defend Kaepernick on the grounds of "free speech" yet create such an environment that the MLB feels they need to punish one of their players for not kissing the ring of the PC, anti-America bunch.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Mostly true, but it seems a bit peculiar these decisions always seem to lean in favor of the left.

I am not there there is a "left" or "right" to not wanting an employee to insult the current president of the US.  

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Pleeze. Bush had his insults...crickets.

D'Sousa speaks out on Obama..jail.

I do not remember any sports people insulting Bush, but I do recall a C&W band that was at the top of it's game that lost it all due to insulting Bush.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

On 9/24/2016 at 5:59 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

I do not remember any sports people insulting Bush, but I do recall a C&W band that was at the top of it's game that lost it all due to insulting Bush.  

I remember that being the choice of the consumers, not the music contractors.

11 minutes ago, nebula said:

I remember that being the choice of the consumers, not the music contractors.

Actually it started with the radio stations refusing to play their music.  Since there is no musical equivalent to the MLB or NFL it is about as close as you can come to having a boss in the music world.  At the time radio stations were the lifeblood of any music act.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Hey guys,

I'm attaching a link to an article that is somewhat related to this topic. It's interesting that this controversy is over freedoms contained within the United States constitution and school officials in Florida are forcing students to stand when the flag and anthem are supposed to represent freedom. Is forced freedom still freedom?  Is it right to satisfy the rights/feelings/opinions of a majority at the expense of the rights/feelings/opinions of a minority?  Could a step like this lead to other freedoms being placed in check?  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florida-forces-students-to-stand-during-national-anthem_us_57dc4832e4b0071a6e0765b3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think what we are seeing is actually a civil war. It's only a matter of time before the war looks a bit more like what one would call a "war."