• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings mark...

Gee,I had to go back to your OP to recall what the Topic is,these Threads can quickly spiral out of control & "off-Topic" so quickly,considering I replied only a day or 2 ago     I am sorry this happens so frequently but we will do what we can to put it back on track...  we are not discussing denominations,we are discussing verses of Scripture,the Love of Christ & the magnificent and wonders of Gods Beautiful Creation  ......

So,back on Topic(PLEASE) you see Brothers & Sisters when Threads like this go in a direction of squibbling & simple diversification is when the get shut down and vanish into obscurity where no one can any longer participate......here goes

Firstly I want to thank you for the beautiful OP you have written & for encouraging others to just see the Beauty around us & be appreciative,,,,,,yes,thank you    We have had a few conversations & you always put a smile on my face with your love and kindness,I could care less what church you go to or what group of organized religion you congregate with because all I see is the Love of Christ & a heart for God in Christ......it is how we know them,isn't it?By their fruits?

I am wild about animals Mark,they have always held a special place in my heart,I believe they know their Creator in their own little ,wondrous way and as an animal trainer I cannot begin to tell you how the Word of God has calmed the savage beast.....just as we do not wrestle with flesh & blood but with principalities I think it hold true with all "flesh & blood".....perhaps that is for another time,another Thread-LOL   In any event,they are living creatures,made by God & I am grateful,they add to my own personal life in wonderful ways.,......

Show an animal,gentleness,peace,kindness,love,tenderness & you get back much.....it does not require IQ to understand LOVE.....or to display LOVE

All Praise,Glory,Honor AND THanksgiving to God Most High                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

We do wander around on some threads LOL.  Being an animal trainer is a good way to get to know and love animals.  Also thank you for your friendship, it is always a pleasure hearing from you.  I am very happy that you like my OP.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Davida said:

therese whole thing was  to know Jesus by trying to ecstatically "becoming" love- this is a false doctrine it is not Biblical , but good luck to us who know it is by Faith alone - Those raised in rcc are taught to only believe in outer experiences and not to rely on the Bible scriptures, those from the rcc always add to the Gospel of Jesus.

I am sorry but in no way did she try ecstatically to reach God and become something without christ.  Her whole life was to live for God by loving others in a small way. That is why she is so loved by millions of people. I studied her book story of a soul. I read it five times so far. I never meant someone like her who gave up of themselfs so freely. I always said Catholic saints are inspiring.  Read books on there lifes and you can see a greater degree of devotion. But all said Lets become more like Jesus. And we will be gentle and kind. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

On 04/10/2016 at 9:52 AM, Willa said:

I recommend the book "The Secret Life of Crows" to all crow lovers.  It originally was based on research by the University of Washington, but also incorporates some amusing anecdotes;  and it also includes other corvids.  I read it because I hated starlings and crows.  Starlings made nests for years above our bed and always found a way in after we patched their routes.  Crows would leave bird and animal body parts in our bird bath and scared away all other birds that nested nearby.  Then I discovered that starlings mimic other birds when they are making their awful din.  And crows--well the one I approached to scare away was a fledgling that just ducked because it didn't want to see the end come.  Its parents were raising a ruckus in a nearby tree.  Awwww.  It melted my heart. A baby!  More than one species of bird has learned to recognize the face of the people who banded it and even teach other birds to avoid them and raise a ruckus.  

Birds can be amazing creations of God.  Some are beautiful.  Most are intelligent, and some are just delightful.  My own favorites are falcons.  We used to sit and watch them stoop at 250 mph for Rock Pigeons to feed their fledgling in the Columbia River Gorge.  And Gyrfalcons are amazing to watch: they fly faster than the eye can focus and at arm level when flying a quarter mile away from us at 90 mph.  They pursue their pay that way.  My husband's favorites are hummingbirds, which stole his fascination from helicopters to God's creation.  

Wildlife is wonderful to behold, but none more so than human beings.  We are all made for Christ's pleasure, according to Collisions. 

Now I have strong differences with Catholic church doctrine that is not based on Scriptures.  The earliest church fathers searched the Scriptures and backed their beliefs with Scripture.  But I have deep love for born again Christians of any denomination, and that is also true for Mark.  We are one in the Spirit, one in the Lord, and they will know we are Christians by our love.  

Blessings, 

Willa

So you see a Western Tanager above.  

On 04/10/2016 at 11:07 AM, Davida said:

This summer, we were delighted when a mourning dove couple made a nest outside our window and we watched as the baby hatched and they took turns feeding it. As the little one grew fluffy & developed feathers and was about to make it's first attempt to jump from the nest that morning, standing by the window, I turned my back for a second and heard the talons scratch the window as a crow came and snatched it out of the nest, flew it high up in a tree and ate it alive. 2wks later, two robins made a nest by our front door and hatched 3 delicate eggs.  We watched these little hatchlings grew and as soon as they were ready to fly I heard the alarm call by the male so I dashed outside, to see the attacking crows , one had a baby in it's beak and I took it by surprise and charged at it and it dropped it on the lawn. I caught the little bird and found the other it dropped and placed 2 out of the 3 in the nest.  I knew it was no use though these predators would not give up, they would be back and they did and got one and one escaped. I managed to save one baby robin our of 3.  I never particularly liked crows, I prefer song birds, and after seeing the crows in action, they are like the gruesome thugs of the bird world.

Hi

Twice i have saved birds (both parrots) from being pecked to death by crows...I Love all of Gods Creation! But there is something about crows and the way they walk around with a jailhouse swagger...They need to just watch it! 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Hi

Twice i have saved birds (both parrots) from being pecked to death by crows...I Love all of Gods Creation! But there is something about crows and the way they walk around with a jailhouse swagger...They need to just watch it! 

:laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

:rolleyes:

We do wander around on some threads LOL.  Being an animal trainer is a good way to get to know and love animals.  Also thank you for your friendship, it is always a pleasure hearing from you.  I am very happy that you like my OP.

Peace
Mark

My pleasure,my friend.........Yes,I loved your OP.....you always have something really nice to share,much Peace & Gentleness    God Bless you,Kwik