• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

13 hours ago, Salty said:

The total destruction of species larger than 55 lbs., a mass extinction event of those to never live again (like dinosaurs), and that's not about a gap in the fossil record? We have the proof of their existence with their skeletal remains. And yes, newer species did spring up suddenly after that per the fossil record. Large groups of species of dinosaurs that were robust creations hard to destroy with them all of a sudden gone is why scientists use that idea of a 'mass extinction' event! Then with newer species after that does present a 'GAP' in the fossil record. A mass extinction event = a gap in the fossil record.

And like I said before, if the dinosaurs were created in this present world with Adam, then at least some of them should still be walking around today, since God told Noah to take two of all living creatures aboard the ark, which is what we have today, unless of course you don't believe that flood event with Noah actually happened as written. Or maybe you think God made the dinosaurs extinct by causing them to miss the boat, so to speak?

Dinosaurs couldnt survive the sudden ice age and changes to atmospheric conditions. Mammals could. Simple as that. To see that event as referring to a complete new creation event is ridiculous. Many of the  same birds and mammals that existed in the end  Cretaceous continued to exist in the Paleogene. There is more and more evidence that a large variety of mammals and birds existed at the same time as dinosaurs which adds evidence for creation but ruins your gap theory at the KT extinction event.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 26/11/2016 at 8:25 PM, HAZARD said:

Ask Jesus, He said it in John 8:44. Do you have a red letter Bible, look it up yourself.

If I need to aks Jesus, that means you don't know, and so you can't presume that was a first flood before Noe

On 26/11/2016 at 8:47 PM, HAZARD said:

Exactly, and Noahs flood did not make the mountain's quake, or bury anything DEEP or covered the Earth long enough to do these things.

Do you have any proof of what you state?

On 26/11/2016 at 8:47 PM, HAZARD said:

Coal seams are about 360 million years old. Most of the coal in the world was formed in the Carboniferous Period, which occured 360 and 280 million years ago.

Can you explain how is the datation? Then :

On 26/11/2016 at 9:54 PM, thilipsis said:

In June 1936 (or 1934 according to some accounts), Max Hahn and his wife Emma were on a walk when they noticed a rock with wood protruding from its core. They decided to take the oddity home and later cracked it open with a hammer and a chisel. Ironically, what they found within seemed to be an archaic hammer of sorts. A team of archaeologists checked it, and as it turns out, the rock encasing the hammer was dated back more than 400 million year; the hammer itself turned out to be more than 500 million years old. Additionally, a section of the handle has begun the transformation to coal.  The hammer’s head, made of more than 96% iron, is far more pure than anything nature could have achieved without an assist from modern technology.

But, according to the evolution: (...), another group began an inland journey across the Middle East and south-central Asia, positioning them to later go to Europe and Asia, the magazine added. This proved important for North America, as about 20,000 years ago.

So I really like to understand how this people date something if it is so condraditory.......

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

So I know a brazilian scientist who explains very well with  good consisten teory about the flood. But I dont find anything in english. But I find it:

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

If I person wants to look at the video, they can do a search for "RSR's Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory" on YouTube.

The video was removed from this post, as videos are only allowed in the Video section of the forum. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Dinosaurs couldnt survive the sudden ice age and changes to atmospheric conditions.

Right, dinosaurs could not survive the event that caused their extinction, an event which scientists have long had the hypothesis that a large meteor hit the earth causing catastrophic global weather changes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, thilipsis said:

I don't think so dinosaurs were just larger versions of what we have today. Some people lived close to a thousand most likely animals enjoyed simular longivety. I'm also pretty sure the world was a lot more lush for a lot they same reason I think the movie Jurrasic Park is impossibly. How much do you think a T Rex eats?

There is also a problem with cumulative mutations. Following the flood the genomes must have been prestige, now a lot less variety.

Because in the 1980's a distinct layer of the substance only common to meteorites, asteroids, and comets was found in the fossil record at the same time the dinosaurs became extinct, it is not longer thought they were destroyed just by some natural climate change.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

56 minutes ago, Salty said:

Because in the 1980's a distinct layer of the substance only common to meteorites, asteroids, and comets was found in the fossil record at the same time the dinosaurs became extinct, it is not longer thought they were destroyed just by some natural climate change.

Like most of these theories it's based on anecdotal evidence and highly speculative scenarios. They find iridium 30 someplace unexpected and we are just supposed to believe the only explanation is a catastrophic event that kills off the dinosaurs. Ok, but this is a little like expecting mutations and viruses being the principle driving force of evolution, environmental challenges can trigger adaptive evolution but they certainly cannot facilitate it. Mass extinction is just that, a huge die off, that's not a formula for adaptive radiation on a global scale. It makes more sense to me that living populations with nearly pristine genomes had the requisite gene pools necessary for accelerated evolution. Some greenhouse effect from an asteroid hardly seems like a viable scenario for a major overhaul of highly conserved genes at the level of genus and phylum.

Grace and peace,
Mark 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, tleichs said:

If I need to aks Jesus, that means you don't know, and so you can't presume that was a first flood before Noe

Do you have any proof of what you state?

Can you explain how is the datation? Then :

But, according to the evolution: (...), another group began an inland journey across the Middle East and south-central Asia, positioning them to later go to Europe and Asia, the magazine added. This proved important for North America, as about 20,000 years ago.

So I really like to understand how this people date something if it is so condraditory.......

I do know, I said said ask Jesus, look up John 8:44, Jesus Himself said the devil was a murderer from the beginning.

John 8:44, Ye are of your father the devil,  and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,  and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:1 for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God destroyed the earth in His anger. GOD CREATED THE EARTH AND THE HEAVEN IN GEN.1:1, THEN GOD DESTROYED THE EARTH AS SHOWN IN GENESIS 1:2..

Jeremiah 4:23-28, “I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.”

This was not Noah's flood as many teach. There were men, animals, birds, sun, moon stars which all remained during Noah's flood.

Could the Bible be any clearer that God in His anger made the earth without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep? The cities were inhabited by angels. Man had not been created yet. Argue as one may, these Scriptures plainly evidence why the earth was without form and void in Genesis 1:1.

In fact, Jeremiah 4:23 even repeats the exact phrase word-for-word. These Scriptures cannot be ignored if one is to be an honest Bible student.

Carefully notice that Lucifer dwelt upon the earth prior to his rebellion. Isaiah 14:13-14; 13, For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: V. 14,  will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.”  

Lucifer's sin was wanting EQUALITY with God. This is the same sin of feminists today, who want to be EQUAL with male authority in marriage, home, church and society. God has ordained masculine authority in the humanity. Women are equal in worth, intelligence and importance to God; but the man is to lead, not the woman.

When Lucifer sinned, he wasn't immediately punished by God. We know that Lucifer wasn't banned from Heaven because Satan appears before God in Job 1:6-7.

Satan will be judged, convicted and punished at The Great White Throne Of Judgment with the rest of the wicked (Revelation 20:11-15). Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Gehenna - Hell) forever to burn and be tormented night and day without rest. 2nd Peter 2:4 also tells us that the angels bound in Hell are RESERVED unto judgment. So neither the Devil nor the demons have been punished yet for their wickedness.

Those who believe in a Young Earth vehemently reject the idea that there's a Gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2; but as you've just read, God destroyed the cities of the earth and made the land desolate. Light ceased to shine (the sun, moon and stars were blocked out by God). The mountains trembled and moved. The earth had been a fruitful wilderness where dinosaurs and prehistoric birds and mammals lived.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

2 hours ago, Salty said:

scientists have long had the hypothesis that a large meteor hit the earth causing catastrophic global weather changes.

Really??  How can that be, since...

Scientific Hypothesis - a special kind of prediction that forecasts how the independent variable will affect the dependent variable.

And...

"An independent variable is the presumed cause, whereas the dependent variable is the presumed effect.'

"In an experiment, the independent variable is the variable that is varied or manipulated by the researcher, and the dependent variable is the response that is measured."
http://www2.uncp.edu/home/collierw/ivdv.htm

1.  Can you identify the Independent Variable in the 'Hypothesis' you appealed to above...?

2.  Post the Experimental Results...?

3.  Then, Validate that the ones who proffered the trainwreck are "ACTUAL" scientists...?

regards

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 hour ago, thilipsis said:

Like most of these theories it's based on anecdotal evidence and highly speculative scenarios.

So a "ring" of high concentrations of iridium around the globe is "anecdotal evidence"?   I believe there are competing and indeed intriguing  alternatives to what made the dinosaurs go extinct but I don't see how the KT boundary is anecdotal evidence for a meteor impact.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, Bonky said:

So a "ring" of high concentrations of iridium around the globe is "anecdotal evidence"?  

It's not 'evidence' @ all, save for 'evidence' of iridium.  It's about as thought provoking as oceans/lakes/rivers are 'evidence' of water.

I believe there are competing and indeed intriguing alternatives to what made the dinosaurs go extinct.

Ya know, I was cornered recently by a few people that asked me to SUPPORT what "we call" Dinosaurs... ever existed.  I must admit, it side-swiped me (but I didn't laugh ---knowing how anchoring to ABSOLUTE FAIRYTALES by swallowing whole what we are 'told' by demonstrable Pseudo-Science Priests without investigation--- has been exposed ONE TOO MANY times)--- so there's Precedent. 

I said, what about all the Bones uncovered and displayed in Museums.  And surprisingly they said that bones on display... are all FAKE.   Guess what, many have now 'said' that they have personally challenged the Curators @ many Museums and sure enough...the displayed bones are FAKE.

Now, I find it absolutely reasonable to Mock-Up the original bones and display the Mock-Up's; but, I'll tell ya what... I have a Weathered Eyebrow Raised !!

The sad, quite pathetic thing is --- would it surprise me if it was all contrived??   NOPE ! 

regards