• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is true if you live in the emotional realm.  If you see another person as being one who brings fulfillment and peace, then you will tear yourself apart if you don't find that person or if the person you find doesn't measure up to the fantasy you assigned to them.    But if your ultimate fulfillment and joy is in Jesus, it doesn't matter if you find someone or not.   One reason that relationships are such a mess these days is because only Jesus can bring the fulfillment that people need. Only Jesus can meet the core, basic needs that a person has, no one else can.  Too many relationships end up with one or both persons expect (without realizing it) the other person to be Jesus in their lives, to fulfill the role that only Jesus is able to fulfill.

We all live in an emotional world. We are emotional people and God knows this. He created Eve for the very purposes I am speaking about. She is his helper as he is hers. GEN 2:20-24

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[a] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[b] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[c] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

The Lord God will always love us, but I'm talking about is more a terrestrial need.  With God there is purpose, but there is always the need to share that purpose with someone to share that purpose.

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Churchmouse said:

We all live in an emotional world. We are emotional people and God knows this. He created Eve for the very purposes I am speaking about. She is his helper as he is hers. GEN 2:20-24

We all have emotions, but not all of us live by them.  If we find our ultimate fulfillment in Christ, then if you feel the need for someone else in your life, you won't be tortured over it and you won't impose something on that other person that only God can do.  A spouse cannot complete you or fulfill you.  Only God can do that.  Only He can bring completeness/wholeness.  

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We all have emotions, but not all of us live by them.  If we find our ultimate fulfillment in Christ, then if you feel the need for someone else in your life, you won't be tortured over it and you won't impose something on that other person that only God can do.  A spouse cannot complete you or fulfill you.  Only God can do that.  Only He can bring completeness/wholeness.  

I never said complete or fulfill. I said share and there are times in this world where so much is happening that we forget God is here and when that happens, he might just use this mate as a tool to remind us who is still on the throne and it was he who set your path to meet this mate for this very reason.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

I never said complete or fulfill. I said share and there are times in this world where so much is happening that we forget God is here and when that happens, he might just use this mate as a tool to remind us who is still on the throne and it was he who set your path to meet this mate for this very reason.

You don't need to married to be reminded that God is sovereign.  The Bible is sufficient for that purpose.  :) 

36 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You don't need to married to be reminded that God is sovereign.  The Bible is sufficient for that purpose.  :) 

I agree, but how many times is it that in the moment when we forget God, we also forget The Bible. The insanity of fear and pain it ever present. It is what Satan has used for ever to distract us and then play us with guilt and remorse for that which we do when we are subject to this insanity?

As I said, we are emotional people and sometimes those emotions override everything when the world around us is short circuiting. It might be for only a short time, but how much destruction can one's mouth pour into our world, in that short time is sometimes irretrievable from those who have heard those words?

The Bible says to guard our hearts and a helper might just reduce that time period of insanity to a look in our eyes when they smile back at us and give us a hug.

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest shiloh357
32 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I agree, but how many times is it that in the moment when we forget God, we also forget The Bible.

Not having a spouse has never sent me into crisis mode where I forget the Bible or God. 

The insanity of fear and pain it ever present. It is what Satan has used for ever to distract us and then play us with guilt and remorse for that which we do when we are subject to this insanity?

Satan has nothing do with it.  And I am not sure what insanity you are referring to.

The Bible says to guard our hearts and a helper might just reduce that time period of insanity to a look in our eyes when they smile back at us and give us a hug.

Guarding our hearts simply means living in holiness and not allowing anything into our lives that would prompt us to sin.   If you need a spouse, hopefully you will find one.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Not having a spouse has never sent me into crisis mode where I forget the Bible or God. 

Satan has nothing do with it.  And I am not sure what insanity you are referring to.

Guarding our hearts simply means living in holiness and not allowing anything into our lives that would prompt us to sin.   If you need a spouse, hopefully you will find one.

I wish you would take all that I've said here to heart and not just the latest response.

(1) You misrepresent what I stated here.

(2) Yes he dose most assuredly have a lot to do with the distractions of this world, which I stated overwhelm us sometimes, leading us to act out in fear and anger.  I have stated this as the insanity, earlier.

(3) Guarding our hearts means being diligent and mindful of the pitfalls that jump in front of us.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

I wish you would take all that I've said here to heart and not just the latest response.

(1) You misrepresent what I stated here.(2)

What did I misprepresent?

Yes he dose most assuredly have a lot to do with the distractions of this world, which I stated overwhelm us sometimes, leading us to act out in fear and anger.  I have stated this as the insanity, earlier.

Satan is an angel.  He is not omnipresent.   He cannot be responsible for everything that distracts us.  The Bible makes no such claims about him.

(3) Guarding our hearts means being diligent and mindful of the pitfalls that jump in front of us.

Yeah, that is just a restatement of what I said about holiness.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

For some od reason this won't let me quote the last response.

You said

I never said that it was not having a wife. I said she might help if and when this happens. That is a misrepresentation of what I've stated.

Satan is an angel.  He is not omnipresent.   He cannot be responsible for everything that distracts us.  The Bible makes no such claims about him.

He might have just been an angel, but he began all of this and is called the deceiver for a reason. If you think he can't effect the material world then how do you explain demonic possession. He can, most assuredly effect the natural world and the story of Job will verify that.

Yeah, that is just a restatement of what I said about holiness.

Do you really think that guarding our hearts is exclusive to Christian's?  It has to do with wisdom. We just acknowledge where this wisdom actually comes from.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

For some od reason this won't let me quote the last response.

You saidI never said that it was not having a wife. I said she might help if and when this happens. That is a misrepresentation of what I've stated.

Fair enough.  I apologize for that.  I misunderstood.

He might have just been an angel, but he began all of this and is called the deceiver for a reason. If you think he can't effect the material world then how do you explain demonic possession. He can, most assuredly effect the natural world and the story of Job will verify that.

The Bible puts the onus for sin on us, not on Satan.  Yes there are demonic possessions.  I believe in demon activity.  But most of the time, our problems with sin are self-inflicted.

Do you really think that guarding our hearts is exclusive to Christian's?  It has to do with wisdom. We just acknowledge where this wisdom actually comes from.

No, I don't think it is exclusive to Christians.  But I think Christians, more than anyone else are responsible for guarding their hearts.