• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Yomo,

You don't believe that ministers won't be held accountable for purposely leading people astray? That is one thing when I graduated seminary and was ordained, that was the most weighing of my covenant with God. In my seminary, we actually sign a covenant that is a visible sign of what we have dedicated our lives to, and on that covenant, it speaks on the weight of those who lead are spiritually responsible for those they come in contact with.

Just like the husband is the spiritual head of the household, he is responsible for the spiritual upbringing of his family. He can't make their choices, but he can live and create an atmosphere that leads his family to Christ.

It is the ulitmate responsibility of a minister (which Hinn isn't really since he has no formal training, he is just like an elder or preacher, but no "prophet") to ensure that their teachings are in accordance to God's Word and Will. And if they are not doing that and creating their own agenda, ie money, fame, notoriety, etc, then they will be held accountable for having open and willing hearts to the Word of God, and the received "The Word of Benny Hinn". It is a very very serious thing to purposely lead God's Children astray.

2 Peter 2:17-22

17These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I have to admit...........I've never seen Benny Hinn..........never heard him.......so I DO have some questions I would like answers to..

1. Why do people condemn the Faith movement?

2. Why do people on here lambast him, just because he has different views to some of us?

3. Doesn't anybody have a conscience about critisizing the man the Lord has appointed to share the Gospel with? (If he does have the annointing, then I think we should not be condemning him.)

4. Has anyone actually been healed in his meetings?

Yomo

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700

on dateline it showed Benny Hinn with a 10 year old boy who said he could see better. On stage and recoreded for Television Hinn said we need to do something for this child we need to finacially support himand his family and make sure this young man has a good education. We will do that.

The family has not received a dime from the hinn minestry yet they keep showing the clip of him with the boy and making the promise ............that is Wrong.

As to standing before the Lord, Yes we all will stand before the Lord and I do not want to be ask Why did you not tell others that so and so was not teaching preaching my Word why did you not tell others of of the wolves in sheeps clothing.

We have an obligation to exppose those who do not preach the Word of God.

They can take one scripture change one word in it any make it mean something completly different and Unless you know the bible you will not catch it.........

Get into the Word know what it says then you can know when they twist the scripture......

In Christ

IreneM

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Thankyou for the reply, IreneM. Now I think I understand.

I still have my doubts, but now I realize where Benny Hinn is coming from, in his prespective.

Yomo

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706

I have to admit...........I've never seen Benny Hinn..........never heard him.......so I DO have some questions I would like answers to..

1. Why do people condemn the Faith movement?

I am not sure what this has to do with this subject, but there is no one here condemning any type of movement. Benny Hinn claims to be a prophet. He claims to be the vessel of God and that God speaks to him, and he basically doesn't need the Bible. HE is a false teacher, and if you read the link I posted and the scripture pertaining to False Prophets, then you would understand. I would suggest you go a read some more. I am not against you giving the man a chance seeing that you don't know anything about him, but I would venture to say that you will soon see the truth of the matter that this man is on the brink of something really bad, and he is taking a VERY large group of followers with him.

2. Why do people on here lambast him, just because he has different views to some of us?

He doesn't say he has different views. He has unbiblical and self serving views. He blasphemes, and claims divinity himself. People aren't blasting Mr. Hinn, they are calling a spade a spade. He is a liar, and a thief, according to his own followers and former followers. He is NOT preaching the word of God, but he is saying that he is. HE claims to receive all his "divine power" from God and that he is a prophet. This is one dangerous wolf in some very expensive sheeps clothing.

3. Doesn't anybody have a conscience about critisizing the man the Lord has appointed to share the Gospel with? (If he does have the annointing, then I think we should not be condemning him.)

We are to hold eachother accountable. I do not consider him a fellow Christian, I consider him and his following a cult. God calls us to hold eachother accountable. If you are wearing the badge of a Christian, it is the duty of other Christians to hold you to the responsibility of that badge. One is serving God and not yourself.

4. Has anyone actually been healed in his meetings?
This is ver speculative. The people who attend his meeting are so caught up in the moment. They are in dire need of some supernatural spiritual charge. They will take even his charasmatic mumbo jumbo. I say no. I have not seen one person who after the service is over, and they are back to work or life a week or two later are still "healed". I have watched many documentaries on it. All of the ones who still hold out hope say they have "less pain" and those who are still skeptical state "they thought they were, but it is back to normal." There have been many instances where he has claimed on stage that God is speaking to him and that he is giving him the power to cure them. One man died the next day. So I would say there are many to the contrary. I have never seen a person who still claims. Because this man does not heal in God's name, he heals by his own little show he puts on. He slam dunks Holy Spirit "air" and throws it at the audience and the whole section falls out. He blesses and heals people by blowing on them. Many people claim that the assistants that stand by you "in case you fall" that they actually sometimes push a person down if they don't fall. INSANE and SO OBVIOUS! (atleast to me) I don't watch TBN solely because he is on that channel.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Wow IreneM... i didn't know that... :whistling:

It is time to see a man of truth step up over him! God brings up and he brings down. His time in the spot light are numbered, i'm waiting for a man of God to rise up and preach to everyone the truth, to heal truthfully in the name of Jesus!!! :taped:

Guest songbird

:whistling:

A wise pastor I knew said "don't believe everything you hear or read in the news". Remember when Jesus was living on the earth and dwelled among us; read in the bible what all they said about Him. The lies that were spread around about Him!!! From whom did these lies originate? The 'religious' leaders and their followers! God said "Do not touch my annointed ones". Beware ! " No weapon formed against you (Including Benny Hinn! ) shall prosper and any tongue that rises up against you(including Benny Hinn) shall be condemned." Isa.54:17.

The Word says in Jn.16:13 "However,when He, the Spirit of Truth has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak and will tell you things to come." It Does Not say the newscasters is truth and will lead you into all truth!!! Also, in Jn.15:20 Jesus said,"Remember the Word I said to you"a servant is not greater then his master". If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you." If you are saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, seek Him and ask Him yourself in regards to Benny Hinn. The spirit of the anti-christ is in the world and is working against the believers,God's children. Stay in the word ; stay sensitive to what Holy Spirit is saying to you; Seek God's presence. Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray for Benny Hinn!!!!!!!!!

Edited by songbird

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

don't believe everything you hear or read in the news
".

You don't have to. Just watch his show and open your bible. He himself condemns his teachings when he speaks. If you go back a few posts I sited quote after quote. Very well documented. Just read it!

Dan

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728

I wouldn't actually call this thread "gossip." Gossip is saying behind someone's back what you would not say to his face. It is a secret, dirty little thing that has malicious intent.

Rather, I think it good that those who listen to, or follow, Mr. Hinn's teaching would be wise to his devices.

Remember, your sin will find you out. And, Mr. Hinn's certainly has.

Not that we don't all sin. But, we don't all rake in millions of dollars from the Lord's people under the guise of "ministry" and then splurge it on the "lifestyles of the rich and famous."

It is never unloving to identify the wolves amongst the sheep.