markdohle

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

From my own perspective I believe that people here really overreacted to the Popes six new Beatitudes.    I understand the feelings that people have here about the Catholic Church, but I think what if we Christians really took the original Beatitudes of Jesus to heart we would not be in the position we are in now in the United States.  He brought this out because they are needed I believe. 

Proposed six new beatitudes from Pope Francis

Change comes from the bottom up in any culture.  Our leaders can't do that.  If we live our faith it will show in how we treat others and love them.  Below are six new beatitudes the pope wants us to live out.  And no, he is not going to put them in the bible.  It seems that some are upset over what he proposed, but I think it is good.  It can make us more mindful of those around us, and how important it is for us to truly live out our faith in Jesus Christ and to see him in everyone.

Pope Francis then
 for the modern era:

"Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart;
    "Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized, and show them their closeness;
    "Blessed are those who see God in every person, and strive to make others also discover him;
    "Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home;
    "Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others;
    "Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians."

Guest BacKaran

Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart;

God has already said this clearly in Matthew 24:13 

"Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized, and show them their closeness;

God gave us Proverbs 21:13

"Blessed are those who see God in every person, and strive to make others also discover him;

This is called being born again as in John 3:3

God has told us the earth is corrupt in Genesis 6:11

John 15:3 speaks of the ultimate... Laying down your life for a friend.

Romans 12:12 tells those born again that 1peyer 3:17

No need to add words when His Word clearly tells us all we need to know.

Amen.

Karan?

Guest Teditis
4 hours ago, markdohle said:

From my own perspective I believe that people here really overreacted to the Popes six new Beatitudes.    I understand the feelings that people have here about the Catholic Church, but I think what if we Christians really took the original Beatitudes of Jesus to heart we would not be in the position we are in now in the United States.  He brought this out because they are needed I believe. 

Proposed six new beatitudes from Pope Francis

Change comes from the bottom up in any culture.  Our leaders can't do that.  If we live our faith it will show in how we treat others and love them.  Below are six new beatitudes the pope wants us to live out.  And no, he is not going to put them in the bible.  It seems that some are upset over what he proposed, but I think it is good.  It can make us more mindful of those around us, and how important it is for us to truly live out our faith in Jesus Christ and to see him in everyone.

Pope Francis then
 for the modern era:

"Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart;

I agree, Mark, that people over-react to this kinda thing and tend to let their imaginations go into hyper-drive to dream up new reasons to bash the RCC.

It's clear to me that the Pope wasn't trying to rewrite the Bible or "improve" on Jesus' sermon... he was just writing from inspiration that he got from Jesus'

words in the Beatitudes. And I think that he did a fine job at it too, these six "beatitudes" are well thought out and worded for modern society and cover things

that the Church of Christ could be looking at in order to bring some much needed unification. (The Catholic-bashing proves that they're need, haha.)

(BTW, I remember that not so long ago some protestant author wrote a book called "The Be-Attitudes"... their thoughts and expounding on Christ's sermon for

the modern Christian... nobody gave him a hard time over that book.)

Guest BacKaran

I agree that we disagree.

"that the Church of Christ could be looking at in order to bring some much needed unification"

I left the rcc and in my own family there was so much sarcasm, guilt and shame thrown at us young children, we were a dysfunctional family that didn't have to be.

As a born again Christian, I have no issues,  no horrible confrontations when talking and examining and praising God word with other born again Christians, we are all on the same page, I found this not to be so with Roman Catholics.

I'm more unified with my beliefs in Christ & the bible than I'd ever been as rc. 

I don't know any rc who can spend the day with me just talking about God, my dad's gets upset if pray for him cuz I "don't pray catholic", really? Anyone who would turn down heartfelt prayers to be said is very lost.

I'm not a protestant either, I'm a straight bible believing sinner in need of a Savior.

I know we are worlds apart but I will continue to pray for those in the rcc s well as those in this forum.

Blessings

Karan.?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Yes we must continue to pray for those lost in the Rcc doctrines, praying the Holy Spirit will show them thru a Bible, and that they drop the Catholic one.  

It seems the ones drawn into  the ecumenical movement are not Biblically literate, they don't realize it is the born again believers  that follow the word of God in Christ that are to unify as "brethren " not the born again believers to unify with the lost, or  with all other religions, and  not the wheat with the tares, or heretics etc. 

Are not Catholics who believe in Christian born again believers?  Any one who believes in Christ has become born of the spirit. That could be someone in a calvary Chapel church or a Methodist Church or any other. We should have unity if possible without losing sight that Christmas is head over all. Not any man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I did not mean Christmas I meant christ. My smart was being smart.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, markdohle said:

From my own perspective I believe....
that people here really overreacted to the Popes six new Beatitudes....

:)

I Believe

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. Deuteronomy 4:2 (New International Version)

Popes Worldwide Should Obey God

You must be careful to do everything I am commanding you. Do not add to it or subtract from it! Deuteronomy 12:32 (NET Bible)

And Not Fall In Love With Their Own Pontifications

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6 (English Standard Version)

I Believe

For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a teaching in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children; that the generation to come might know it, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell their children,

that they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments, and might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation, a generation that did not make their hearts loyal, whose spirit was not steadfast with God. Psalms 78:5-8 (New Heart English Bible)

:emot-heartbeat:

“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.

God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.

God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.

God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

“God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way. Matthew 5:3-12 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, markdohle said:

Pope Francis....
for the modern era....

"Blessed are those who see God in every person...."

"Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home...."

:sherlock:

"Blessed are those who see God in every person...."

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” Jeremiah 17:9-10 ( English Standard Version)

"Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home...."

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:15-17 (New International Version)

Poor Papa~!

I am the LORD! That is my name! I will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols. Isaiah 42:8 (NET Bible)

:thumbsup:

18 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart;

God has already said this clearly in Matthew 24:13 

God gave us Proverbs 21:13

This is called being born again as in John 3:3

God has told us the earth is corrupt in Genesis 6:11

John 15:3 speaks of the ultimate... Laying down your life for a friend.

Romans 12:12 tells those born again that 1peyer 3:17

No need to add words when His Word clearly tells us all we need to know.

Amen.

Karan?

Yes I agree, he said nothing new, so did not add to the Scriptures at all.  However there are many authors and speakers and preachers who don't change, but add, from their own vocabulary a slant that makes others think.

Peace
mark

16 hours ago, Teditis said:

I agree, Mark, that people over-react to this kinda thing and tend to let their imaginations go into hyper-drive to dream up new reasons to bash the RCC.

It's clear to me that the Pope wasn't trying to rewrite the Bible or "improve" on Jesus' sermon... he was just writing from inspiration that he got from Jesus'

words in the Beatitudes. And I think that he did a fine job at it too, these six "beatitudes" are well thought out and worded for modern society and cover things

that the Church of Christ could be looking at in order to bring some much needed unification. (The Catholic-bashing proves that they're need, haha.)

(BTW, I remember that not so long ago some protestant author wrote a book called "The Be-Attitudes"... their thoughts and expounding on Christ's sermon for

the modern Christian... nobody gave him a hard time over that book.)

Well if someone actually believes the pope is the Anti-Christ, or the Vatican has files on the coming alien invasion and the RCC has something to do with that an alien Anti Christ, then I can understand the reaction.  Other than than that, I tend to scratch my head a lot over some of the post given out by the good people here.  Christians of all stripes come here and pray with us, even fundamentalist, once they get to know us and actually listen to what we say about some of the issues that are a 'hot' topic here about saints etc., on Worthy, they understand even if they don't agree...  

Religion and politics do dumb us all down, both are very emotional and can boarder on the psychotic when things get hot.   I put myself in that category if I am not careful and think before I speak when insulted, or think I have been ;-).  We are complex creatures, wonderfully made by our loving creator.

To be fair we have Catholic's, good ones, loving ones, who are really anti anything that is not Catholic and believe that all non-Catholics go to hell, which also makes me cross eyed.....it would seem that much of what think of true faith is really 'sarx', from the flesh.  I think Westboro Baptist Church and ISIS bring this out when it is extreme, then lesser varieties cloaked in piety.

Peace
Mark