IGNORED

Being hypnotized

Guest Nalizhue

Guest Nalizhue

Im planning on seeing a hypnotist on the 23. And i was just wondering what some of you think about being hypnotized..? Do you believe its ok to do that?

Edited by Nalizhue

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

biblicaly I can't think of anything off the top of my head...I'm sure there will be some that may though.

personally, no I wouldn't want to be hypnotized. I just don't feel right with anyone messing in my head. And thats what I feel being hypnotized is...maybe you could give the reason? And why you feel hypnosis would be the right choice for you...then we all can discuss it...k? :laugh::b:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well I always advocate prayer to be the first and neverending thing to do....but in the meantime have you considered the nicorette gum? I hear a stir straw to chew on really works too...I know it sounds ridiculous...but hey stranger things have happened....I will pray that God takes your addiction away from you...I just can't with good conscience recommend hypnosis...I would never condem you for it either :laugh:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

No joke:

My dad smoked for 52 years and he went to a hypnist guy and he came out saying that he feels like he has never had a cig in his life. My sister did the same thing. You have to want it to work. Hey, what do you have to lose? A few bucks right. Good luck with it.

Guest Pastor Frank

Some Christian's opinions of hypnosis come from horror movies where it's shown to be very sinister and even satanic in nature.Actually it's just a very safe form of therapy when practiced by a competent professional.Hypnotherapy is just counseling in the "hypnotic state" which is the very relaxed state that you must pass through on your way into sleep and which you have to pass through again as you wake up.Those who fear hypnosis need to watch themselves very carefully to insure that they never again fall asleep.

Nicotine addiction is one of the hardest of all to break,even harder than an addiction to heroin for most people.In part,this is because cigarettes which contain over 1000 chemicals,act as the ultimate designer drug in that they create custom moods for its users,acting as both an "upper" and a "downer" depending upon the users need at any one time.

Giving up smoking is absolutely essential because nicotine attacks every organ in the body and directly or indirectly causes over 100 medical diseases,illnesses and problems including broken bones.(nicotine absorbs calcium from bones making them more prone to breaking)The best indictment against smoking came from a carefully researched British study which showed that smokers lose five (5) minutes of life for every cigarette they smoke.Smoking really is suicide in slow motion.

Breaking the addiction to this death drug is so difficult that you may need numerous hypnotic sessions coupled with many accupuncture treatments while you attend a Stop Smoking course at your local American Lung Association.But it is something that you must do for your own preservation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

True that! I used to smoke :laugh: I usually have a craving for it when I drink. I know I shouldn't drink but I am working on it. God will help me through it like with my other addiction. No more in that case.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would take my wife with me so she could make sure what was said and done during the session. Like Angel, I don't trust people with my head.

As for the cigarette, it is very hard to quit. I found the drugg part to be the easiest to deal with. That only takes a week to get past, it is the mental habbit of just having the things that I had trouble with. I used the straw approach. I cut straws the length of cigaretts and put them into my pocket. For those times when I needed one, I just pulled out a straw and stuck it in my mouth. this let me get over the actual chemical addiction and dealt with the habbit part later by itself.

God had told me to quit though and that gave me no choice but to deal with it., so there was no choice as to quitting for me it was just getting over the addiction. Smoking another cigarette simply was not an option.

Sam

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I am no expert, but I would venture to say it is very harmless. I know of a person who lost their memory because of trauma, and so they had hypno therapy to help her find memories in their mind that they subconsciously hid. It can be very theraputic. It is not a time for the therapist to fill your head with anything. You are aware, and able to answer questions. I wouldn't be too worried, it is just a form of therapy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

If you do this I sure hope it works for you. I suffer with the same addiction as you and have found it the hardest of all to give up. I have quit for short periods several times and cut down many times to find myself kicking it up again. I heard a story some time back on the radio in which a smoker thanked God for making her a non-smoker each time she'd light up. Within a short period she actually quit. I think that I will give it a try. God Bless you and I pray that this addiction will be lifted from you.