emdie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I find evidence of the Holy Spirit's workings throughout my life all the time, so much so that I almost regard the signs with a degree of amusement since I know they're coming. These signs may be something revealed to me that I have wanted to know but never asked, or a song comes on the radio about God advising me of help with a problem, down to really strong instincts and urges. It's always accompanied by a feeling of love and well-being, so I don't think it could come from demons as they are incapable of engendering love and other similar emotions.

For example: I was about to undergo life-saving surgery to remove my badly infected leg, and the theatre nurses came early so I was caught a bit unawares and hadn't said my prayers. We had already reached the lifts, when I suddenly remembered, and right then the lift just stopped. The lift couldn't be fixed straight away, so one of the nurses with me said' can anyone sing?' I said yes I can, as I had sung in choirs since I was 9, and thought I may as well sing about the main person in my life, and sang The Lord's Prayer and The Lord is My Shepherd. The minute I had finished, the lift was working again with the workmen saying that had no idea why it had stopped. It was only a while later that I thought about it, and I think the Holy Spirit was working through me.

A while later my mother was in the same hospital, and met up with one of the cleaners from the ward I had been on, and so she asked after me. Mum told her how I was doing, and somehow got on to the topic of what had happened to me in the lift. The cleaning lady said 'was it Emily?', and then told her that everyone near the lifts, on every floor, had heard me sing my songs of praise for the Lord. I had done for myself and God, but other people heard and I'm very glad they did. It was one of the most important things I had ever experienced. Praise God and magnify His glorious Name!

So I was curious, how does the Holy Spirit manifest to you? Do you have any particular incident which you were convinced He was working through you?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I guess when it comes in a soft, gentle nudge, I follow the prompt, if it is demanding, or anxious, I take it to come from me, part of my OCD I guess and ignore it.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace
mark

Guest BacKaran

The Holy Spirit had guided my mouth to speak Truth when I know it wasn't me talking. People have said oh you said that well and I give all credit to God.

Depending on God deepens my faith and trust in Him as the Holy Spirit guides me, gives me intuition and discernment.

My best example was

I was recovering from a second back surgery and I opened the bible on a Saturday night to Psalm 23. I read it three times and it gave me so much comfort i thought, who reads, psalm 23 on a Saturday night more than once?

Monday morning came and my husband went home to glory.

God is so good, good times and bad times, He's always with me! Amen?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

We need to look for signs of His fruit in our lives. These qualities will increase and others will see it as well. The Holy Spirit will never lead us into sin.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Thank you so much for posting this topic emdie! I love what you wrote. I sometimes get discouraged in chat because it seems people have replaced the Holy Spirit with the Bible as the third person of the trinity. We need to stop to realise that even Satan uses the Bible as a weapon to try to control people and we need to stop following his example. We need to slow down and listen before typing.

5 hours ago, BacKaran said:

The Holy Spirit had guided my mouth to speak Truth when I know it wasn't me talking. People have said oh you said that well and I give all credit to God.

Depending on God deepens my faith and trust in Him as the Holy Spirit guides me, gives me intuition and discernment.

My best example was

I was recovering from a second back surgery and I opened the bible on a Saturday night to Psalm 23. I read it three times and it gave me so much comfort i thought, who reads, psalm 23 on a Saturday night more than once?

Monday morning came and my husband went home to glory.

God is so good, good times and bad times, He's always with me! Amen?

Wow Karan! Let me stop and absorb that for a minute! How long ago was this? So glad you can look back and say God was with you through it.

Guest BacKaran

2010. My hubby and I joined a new non denominational church in the fall of 2009 and he's was the first death in our small church in April 2010.

But I had been practicing my on my hubby, witnessing skills and we attended the sister church before this church was set up.

Bad decade... Mom died, son was injured in Chicago bike car accident, I was hit in a car accident, I had two back surgeries, then returned to work part-time when hubby died, then we had been pressing a law suit on a roofer who scammed us, I had to go to court by myself, the guy is out of businesses  then I lost in the car accident but I won... The kid was 100% at fault but I got no money since i see a chiropractor! Outrageous, my surgeon testified via tape and the jury thought since I saw the chiro, I would have needed back surgery anyway!

Then I hired some old neighbors to add a porch on my house, they scammed me big time but I won in small claims court.. Ok so these scammers play the court system and after waiting for monthly payments that were late. I told my attorney to close the case. I wrote on the paper i signed to them saying you didn't steal from me, you stole from God and He's forgiven me, I have forgiven of this debt. Do not contact me ever, not anyone in my family and do not afternoon to come in my neighborhood. I won all their tools in the settlement so they couldn't get back into business but they are! Long long drama story short I've helped a couple of people by posting my horror story with these people at the BBB. 

And God and His Word and my church family have helped me thru it all! Amen!.?

Backaran should we start calling you Ms. Job? 

Hope things are looking up for you now!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The Holy Spirit has on occasion spoken audibly to me (usually calling out my name or some such one word comment). This is most often when I am out of tune / step with him or bogged down in what I am doing at the time. Mostly he speaks to my heart. Strike that, he often speaks to me that way but mostly he speaks to me through the Word of God the Bible (which he wrote);

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This is how the entire Bible came into being. And you will note only the Holy Spirit rightly interprets the Bible. So when I get something right in scripture... he did it. :)

Most of us don't like to admit we listen to voices... but when we face it that we do (at least in our hearts and in our Bible study) it's amazing how he opens up to us (when we stop interfering with what he is trying to show us / teach us / get us to do... and to give him the credit. Amazing!

No, I don't speak with tongues or laugh or drool in the spirit BTW.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 11/13/2016 at 9:21 AM, markdohle said:

I guess when it comes in a soft, gentle nudge, I follow the prompt, if it is demanding, or anxious, I take it to come from me, part of my OCD I guess and ignore it.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace
mark

I respond to both types of nudges from God. The very first time I heard from the Holy Spirit, I was in church for only the third time in my life. I was in a prayer vigil for a man who had a surgery coming up. The Holy Spirit started with a soft whisper in my ear. Of course being a new Christian, three weeks old, I doubted what I was hearing. So I waited. And soon that little nudge because a loud voice in my ear I couldn't deny I was hearing. I finally raised my hand and said what heard the Lord saying to pray for the man.

The pastor of that church doubted that I had heard from the Holy Spirit. And to take whatever I said with a grain of salt, because I had been a Christian for only three weeks.

Two weeks later, the wife stood up in church and testified that I indeed had heard from the Holy Spirit. A potentially fatal infection had been thwarted through the word I had spoken.