• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

I have had many liberal friends ask why Conservative Christians are so vicious when they speak of/to Liberals.   Why do you suppose that is?  Do you really believe all Liberals want to kill you or imprison you?

Yes!

My answer is when tough times come and it's them or me, they will turn me in or kill me if they gain something. I've pondered this and I know my unbelieving siblings would turn me in in a heart beat. 

They are selfish, arrogant, petty, sarcastic people when not around an audience of liberal friends to perform for.

I don't know if people are libs or reps but I only hang out with biblically minded and hearted people and I choose them by their fruits. Those desiring change I always reach out to, not by my doing but by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Bitter days are coming and those who don't know the bible will be frantic!

I do understand where you are coming from.  However if truth be told Christians can be just a vicious with those who disagree with them, especially if they are in a majority position.  If we believe we are 'right' then there is little room for self evaluation.  That said, the liberal agenda can be scary since it seems to not think about future consequences of the choices made on a cultural level.  We are bearing the fruit now of some of those choices. 

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So where's  outrage when Christians are the objects of mockery and insults and attacks?  Dead silence there.

Jesus and Paul had plenty harsh things to say their enemies.  Paul even suggested at one point that they cut off their genitals.   He'd get a few warning points on WBs.  Jesus called his enemies, "sons of Hell,"  "brood of vipers," "hypocrites," and said their father was Satan. 

Yes, but it does not mean it was the 'Christ-like" thing to say.  He had a temper ;-).

Peace
Mark

11 hours ago, thilipsis said:

Reading your post I was thinking about Jesus in Galilee, he just feed the 5,000 and they decide to make him king, the implication is they aren't asking nicely. He demands that they believe in him, that they only want him to be king because their bellies were full, he demanded faith and many of them would not follow him anymore, that had to hurt. If you remember the Exodus they called the bread of heaven, manna, worthless so he gave them all they could eat and they were getting ever closer to the promised land but in their hearts they turned back to Egypt and rose up and worshiped a golden calf. Moses was constantly complaining they were a bunch of stiff necked and rebellious people. When it came time they not only failed to believe Joshua and Caleb that God would drive their enemies out they were going to kill Joshua and Caleb.

Since then we have seen the rise of the Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant Reformation fighting the Thirty Years war and a terrible civil war in England. In the wake of this tremendous political upheaval William and Mary signed the eight charters the would grow to become the thirteen colonies. Before and after the Revolution there were two profoundly Christian movements, the Great Awakening 1 and 2, a revival that sandwiched the American War of Independence. This movement was started when Johnathan Edwards preached a sermon, Sinners in the hands of an Angry God where he described the Church as crossing a rickety bridge and below was lava, fire and smoke. The very definition of a fire and brimstone sermon. John Wesley would go on to preach as London was being over run with the poor and desperately poor telling Christians we have a greater duty then church attendance, we were called to have a burden for the poor and the Methodist/Wesleyan movement was born. Wesley also preached compassion for the rich and powerful and was one of the key people involved in the Bloodless Revolution.

I actually have a point, not meaning to sermonize. Christians have been involved in all kinds of political issues but our power comes from the grace that saves us. Aligning ourselves with either party isn't how Christian influence is really supposed to be brought to bear and worldly governance. If we do not respond to the promises of God with repentance and faith any political influence we might have is worse then useless. I saw the Culture War unfold and apparently the issues of abortion, same sex activism and Creationism that were key issues have resulted in the Church being alienated from the portals of political power. The fault is in ourselves, not the political parties be they conservative or liberal.

We know how this ends, the world is at enmity with God because of sin and if we are lured into worldly thinking we are simply part of the problem. Pilate was desperate to free Jesus but he was told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't in charge of the situation. We will continue to struggle against the powers and principalities as we take a stand on the Gospel of peace and if we fail to do this, if we leave our first love, if we manage to convince ourselves we are rich and in need of nothing then we will fall.

I'm going to get off my soapbox now and leave you with one final thought. The Most High is Sovereign and rules in the affairs of men.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Thank you for you sane and well balanced approach.  When politics and religion wed you have the anti Christ. 

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The words I posted that you have so vehemently defend

Shadows-- I did not defend those statements--

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Shadows-- I did not defend those statements--

I asked specifically about those statements and your reply was maybe they were looking for a different Jesus.  

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

9 hours ago, thilipsis said:

You might want to look this one up and read it in context:

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. (John 6:26)

Have a good safe trip.

I was referring to what you said about Christ demanding and they accepting him as their king because of them being fed by him. That's different from being satiated enough to search for him, when he disappeared on then.  I did read the rest of your posts and I believe you think I am the wrong person. I'm not into politics, but I'm not into perpetually angry people either. Not on the left and especially on the right.

What I did was respond to a thread that asked why Liberals are mean. I don't get political I just know from being around liberals how they are. They stay angry, for the most part and don't need much to set them off.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

13 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I was referring to what you said about Christ demanding and they accepting him as their king because of them being fed by him. That's different from being satiated enough to search for him, when he disappeared on then.  I did read the rest of your posts and I believe you think I am the wrong person. I'm not into politics, but I'm not into perpetually angry people either. Not on the left and especially on the right.

What I did was respond to a thread that asked why Liberals are mean. I don't get political I just know from being around liberals how they are. They stay angry, for the most part and don't need much to set them off.

No they wanted to make him king because they ate and were full. I was inferring some things from Scripture that are not readily applicable to the divisions between liberal and conservative ideology. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

22 minutes ago, thilipsis said:

No they wanted to make him king because they ate and were full. I was inferring some things from Scripture that are not readily applicable to the divisions between liberal and conservative ideology. 

Please show me where they wanted to make him a king. I've read on both sides of that scripture for several verses and saw nothing of that. Also you said that he demanded them and I've not come across any of that.  I take scripture very seriously and I have not read any of that.

This thread was not about the division between the cesspool of political ideology. It was about the intolerance of intolerant people screaming for others to be tolerant when all they really want is outright capitulation.

Edited by Churchmouse

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, markdohle said:

Yes, but it does not mean it was the 'Christ-like" thing to say.  He had a temper ;-).

Peace
Mark

Jesus was not being Christ-like?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said: