IGNORED

Maybe some Protestants/Non-Catholics can answer......

Hoddie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, other one said:

there are actually prayer tongues that only the Spirit understands.

No there aren't. There is no such thing as "prayer tongues". Some people like to interpret Paul's mention of "tongues of angels" (1 Cor 13:1) as referring to some private prayer language but there are no tongues of angels. Paul was merely using a little hyperbole to make his point.

Any references to "unknown" tongues in the bible is also merely known earthly languages to which there is no translator immediately present.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Giller said:

I totally disagree, people are speaking in tongues today, and you can find people who spoke in tongues throughout church history.

Sorry no one is speaking in legitimate tongues today. The babbling nonsense you hear in the Charismatic churches is not of God. the same goes for people who CLAIM (never proven) to have spoken in real earthly tongues after the first century.

Ecstatic nonsense is from Satan, and no other. That was part of pagan religions in ancient times and still is part of paganism today.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, RustyAngeL said:

Not a movement of God? According to whom?

it's easy to point the finger 110 years later, but I think some very good things came out of that.  Sorry but I disagree. 

Read a work from John MacArthur called Strange Fire. The Azusa street mission is talked about in his book. I am not just making this stuff up. I do read my history

20 hours ago, Yowm said:

Are you sure about that? Cornelius and those with him were Gentiles and we see them speak in tongues..

Acts 10:44-46 KJVS
[44] While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. [45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. [46] For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. 

Paul wrote to the Corinthians about tongues, which Church comprised of both Jew and Gentile.

If the Church started at Pentecost (or the Cross), then tongues would also be for the Gentiles who comprise the Church which is made up of both Jew and Gentile. You should believe this unless you are a Mid Acts or Acts 28 Dispensationalist (Hyper).

I see no where in Scripture God would put a time limit on tongues or any of His gifts this side of the Millennium.

You aren't understanding me here.

The gift of tongues was a sign gift to the Jews, That God would no longer speak to or from the Jews only, but also to (or through) the Gentiles as well. It was meant to edify the church; to prove the veracity of the gospel and Jesus Christ as Messiah.

The spiritual sign gifts were never meant to be permanent. They either disappeared altogether or were severely limited while the gifts that remain are the administrative gifts. Read your history. Read your bible (the fact that the late epistles and Revelation make no mention of them is very telling.

https://bible.org/illustration/temporary-gifts

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

42 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

No there aren't. There is no such thing as "prayer tongues". Some people like to interpret Paul's mention of "tongues of angels" (1 Cor 13:1) as referring to some private prayer language but there are no tongues of angels. Paul was merely using a little hyperbole to make his point.

Any references to "unknown" tongues in the bible is also merely known earthly languages to which there is no translator immediately present.

I happen to pray in tongues interceding for people most every day, and I didn't/don't ask for it to start....   actually when you are awaken at 2:00 AM in the middle of the night  to pray for people it's a downright not enjoyable...   but you do what God wants you to do.

There are tongues of angels that none of us understand and when the Spirit gets me involved he is having me say things that is beyond me.......     but later find out that the people you were praying for were in spiritual or physical trouble.

I doubt it's the devil getting me up to help people who are in trouble with either physical or spiritual problems.

I will just leave it with the phrase that "I disagree with you in the utmost way."

19 hours ago, other one said:

I happen to pray in tongues interceding for people most every day, and I didn't/don't ask for it to start....   actually when you are awaken at 2:00 AM in the middle of the night  to pray for people it's a downright not enjoyable...   but you do what God wants you to do.

There are tongues of angels that none of us understand and when the Spirit gets me involved he is having me say things that is beyond me.......     but later find out that the people you were praying for were in spiritual or physical trouble.

I doubt it's the devil getting me up to help people who are in trouble with either physical or spiritual problems.

I will just leave it with the phrase that "I disagree with you in the utmost way."

I am sorry but what you are experiencing is not the Spirit gift of tongues.

I say again, sorry to repeat myself here, that the gift does not exist any longer. The gift was always KNOWN earthly languages. Not the babbling ecstatic nonsense prominent in Charismatic circles and in paganism and Satanism.

You need to pray for yourself because you may be experiencing demonic oppression of some sort.

God is not the author of confusion. Ecstatic babbling is nothing BUT confusion. God is a God of ORDER.

16 hours ago, Giller said:

I think you need discernment rather than depend on men's books.

Excuse me but I HAVE discernment from the Lord. And God put teachers of the Word on earth for good reason. You cannot just blow off the books from Godly Christian commentators who are far wiser than the lot of us just because they disagree with your personal experience; which btw CANNOT be trusted when it doesn't measure up to biblical teaching.

16 hours ago, Yowm said:

Poor logic. There is no mention of Communion in those books either, but that doesn't mean Communion has ceased.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/1856/The-Temporary-Sign-Gifts-Part-1

http://gracebiblegillette.org/giftstemp.htm

https://bible.org/illustration/temporary-gifts

http://doctrine.org/sign-gifts-valid-today/

I could go on and on about this, there is a mountain of info on the subject but I have made my point.

Guys, do your own reading, honestly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I am sorry but what you are experiencing is not the Spirit gift of tongues.

I say again, sorry to repeat myself here, that the gift does not exist any longer. The gift was always KNOWN earthly languages. Not the babbling ecstatic nonsense prominent in Charismatic circles and in paganism and Satanism.

You need to pray for yourself because you may be experiencing demonic oppression of some sort.

God is not the author of confusion. Ecstatic babbling is nothing BUT confusion. God is a God of ORDER.

you have a lot to learn about the world even though you seem to think you have a good grip on scripture.

John 14:25-27

25 "These things I have spoken to you, while abiding with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. 27
NASB

I think you really should take that to heart.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

19 hours ago, Yowm said:

Poor logic. There is no mention of Communion in those books either, but that doesn't mean Communion has ceased.

Hi Matrix,

I don't speak in tongues, unless you count Italian a tongue.

I know this though, the gifts were meant to be for all time, or for never.  I can understand that tongues was necessary back then to spread the gospel message.  In one part of Acts, it says that everyone started to speak in other languages.  Acts 2:4

In Acts 10:44 the gift had also been given to the uncircumcised believers (gentiles), so the gift is for everyone just as the New Covenant is for everyone.

In 1 Corinthians 13:8 we read that the gifts shall cease but this is when the perfect comes - IOW, in the New Earth or in Heaven.

Fran