IGNORED

Maybe some Protestants/Non-Catholics can answer......

Hoddie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, Hoddie said:

How can you possibly try to correct someone when what you preach (Sola Scriptura) is not only incorrect, but unbiblical aswell?

Sola Scriptura is biblical. Where in the bible does it say that we are called to honor anything outside of Scripture?? Chapter and verse please?

Guest Teditis
6 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Sola Scriptura is biblical. Where in the bible does it say that we are called to honor anything outside of Scripture?? Chapter and verse please?

The Bible teaches us to honor our parents and (Gov't) leaders.

Honor wisdom and learning.

Show honor where ever it's due.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

The Bible teaches us to honor our parents and (Gov't) leaders.

Honor wisdom and learning.

Show honor where ever it's due.

That is not what I was getting at. This is stuff that is in the bible, for starters. Come on man, I was saying Where in the bible are we called to honor the writings of man that are not part of the bible? Catholics and a few others believe in Scripture and "tradition". WHERE in the bible does it say that????

Guest Teditis
11 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

That is not what I was getting at. This is stuff that is in the bible, for starters. Come on man, I was saying Where in the bible are we called to honor the writings of man that are not part of the bible? Catholics and a few others believe in Scripture and "tradition". WHERE in the bible does it say that????

You seem upset with me for answering your poorly phrased question... perhaps you should give due consideration to how you'll be responded to by the way you talk yourself?

Regardless of that, the Bible generally speaks poorly in regard to the traditions of men and warns us away from following after them, however:

2Th 3:6

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/15/2016 at 8:58 AM, BacKaran said:

Ummmm, short answer, it doesn't. 

COOL! (and RIGHT!) ....

As a former catholic who got saved,(according to your testimony in other posts recently (if I remember right) ), 

did you learn / know/  the errors of tradition before you read the BIBLE,  or only afterward ?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, Teditis said:

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

he was talking about traditions ( the teachings of the Apostles) that had already been put forth, I believe the RCC church uses this verse to grant authority to traditions developed after this scripture was penned. Existing apostolic tradition was incorporated into scripture as the scriptures were completed--oral tradition became written scripture

Guest BacKaran

Hi WD

As a young child I was scared of go to help if my friend and I didn't answer ten questions correctly in first grade for go l the first communion...I was so nervous....... But then the priest gave us the answers, I was confused... Worried for nothing? Then seeing the hypocrisy of my parents.. Don't curse smoke drink, but we can cuz we are adults and Fridays confession day anyway... It didn't make sense.

In the teen years, I'm thinking why is this sermon just like the one he gave last year at this same time?

I got out in my late 20s when my hubby and I bought our house.

Then I searched and found a protestant church, got the protestant book for dummies and was on my journey.

The protestant church went new age with Rick Warren, I did research and went to conferences and learned all the different forms of false churches & church movements which God used to lead me to my nondenominational church family. It's here I learned of expository preaching and hermanuetics and the word of God just exploded to me! I've grown more in the last seven years then all the decades I spent lost in the rcc.

Like the song says  

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obstacles in my way!!!

God is good!?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

That is not what I was getting at. This is stuff that is in the bible, for starters. Come on man, I was saying Where in the bible are we called to honor the writings of man that are not part of the bible? Catholics and a few others believe in Scripture and "tradition". WHERE in the bible does it say that????     Matrix

the Bible generally speaks poorly in regard to the traditions of men and warns us away from following after them,                                       Teditis

On 12/15/2016 at 9:58 AM, BacKaran said:

Ummmm, short answer, it doesn't. 

COOL! (and RIGHT!) ....

As a former catholic who got saved,(according to your testimony in other posts recently (if I remember right) ), 

did you learn / know/  the errors of tradition before you read the BIBLE,  or only afterward ?                                       simplejeff

he was talking about traditions ( the teachings of the Apostles) that had already been put forth, I believe the RCC church uses this verse to grant authority to traditions developed after this scripture was penned. Existing apostolic tradition was incorporated into scripture as the scriptures were completed--oral tradition became written scripture                                woundeddog

Amen,Amen,Amen,Amen & Amen!!!!!    Don't forget guys,we are all saying the same thing!!!!!   I left out Teds "However" because it's been noted & we all AGREE......

The problem is never with Gods Word,the problem always comes from someone adding to it or taking away.....& they become TRADITION  (of man)

\                                                                                                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 11:29 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Very simply, God alone led men into choosing the right books. Men didn't do this of their own volition. God told them what to choose.

So who were these men you speak of? They surely couldn't have been Protestant since Protestantism didn't come into exsistance until the 16th century.

I have told you this already, don't know why you aren't listening.

Because you have not! By using your "Bible Alone" way of belief, you have not shown how you received your Canon of Scripture. Don't know why "you" aren't listening!

All the ones that were left out were left out primarily because their teachings deviated form the OT and the New. Though in a few cases like the shepherd of Hermas they were left out not because they were Scripturally unsound but because they were late manuscripts that couldn't be tied in with the apostles or their immediate followers. But such were very few and far between.

Say's who?

Does the bible alone hold all truth? YES. You will not ever find any place in the bible saying to honor Scripture and man's lying tradition.

Then maybe you can explain to me what is the "pillar and foundation of truth" in 1Tim.3:13?

I know I am not the only one to tell you this. I am sure others have too and yet you continue to hold on to your belief denying sola Scriptura against all logical reason.

I deny it because it is un-biblical, so you should too. No where does Scripture state that the "Bible alone" is all we need for a sole rule of faith. If you disagree, show me in the Bible where it says, SOLA SCRIPTURA, only the Bible.

ALL SCRIPTURE is given under inspiration of God....not Scripture and (whatever)

2Thes 2:15, "Therefore brethren, stand fast, and hold the TRADITIONS which ye have been taught, whether by WORD, or our Epistle'. This verse is telling you to honor the traditions which have been handed down by word of mouth from generation to generation."

Translation: Sacred Scripture and Sacred Traditions equals the 'whole' word of God.

Look Hoddie, sistah I love you and don't want to seem mean. But you seem to keep trying to seek approval for your beliefs no matter what anybody says to you and you just aren't going to get that approval here. Because we believe in the truth, we believe in the bible alone and will have nothing whatever to do with any teachings that cannot be found in the bible.

Lol! First off, I'm not your "sistah", I'm a man. Secondly, I seek no approval from you or anyone else for that matter when it comes to my beliefs. And as far as you beleiving in the bible alone, and if any teachings that are not in the bible you/we will have nothing to do with them, how about these?

1.Modern Christian pastors standard practice of REmarrying divorced Christians previously joined by God in a Christian ceremony.

2. The Sinners Prayer

3. Bible only Christian churches objections to alcohol and dancing.

4. The Altar Call

5. Bowing ones head and closing of eyes when praying. (not that it is a bad thing)

6. Scripture interprets Scripture.

Please show a Chapter and verse where these six items are in the bible. If you cannot, are you willing to dismiss them as teachings not of the bible, and not to be practiced?

Scripture is the plumbline against which all the teachings of man must be held up. If there is something that cannot be found in the bible at all then it must be rejected. To accept these things as truth is to potentially lead you down some potentially dangerous spiritual paths.

Still wish to hold to that?

THAT IS WHY the bible says ALL SCRIPTURE.... (and nothing else)

All Scripture what, as a sole rule of faith? Chapter and verse please. And please spare me the quoting of 2 Timothy 3:16–17, for nowhere does it claim Scripture is sufficient as a rule of faith. Because an examination of the verse in context shows that it doesn’t claim that at all; it only claims Scripture is "profitable" (Greek: ophelimos) that is, helpful. Many things can be profitable for moving one toward a goal, without being sufficient in getting one to the goal. Notice that the passage nowhere even hints that Scripture is "sufficient"—which is, of course, exactly what Protestants think the passage means.

The context of 2 Timothy 3:16–17 is Paul laying down a guideline for Timothy to make use of Scripture "and tradition" in his ministry as a bishop. Paul says, "But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; and that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (Greek: theopneustos = "God-breathed"), and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Tim. 3:14–17). In verse 14, Timothy is initially exhorted to hold to the oral teachings—the traditions—that he received from the apostle Paul. This echoes Paul’s reminder of the value of oral tradition in 1:13–14, "Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us" (RSV), and ". . . what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2:2). Here Paul refers exclusively to oral teaching and reminds Timothy to follow that as the "pattern" for his own teaching (1:13). Only after this is Scripture mentioned as "profitable" for Timothy’s ministry.

Peace