• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I simply couldn't find the answers in the Bible anymore.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor 2:14)

I found that many Christians are so sure of their beliefs that they refuse to look at any other perspective or possibility. You are right. Why do you need to look further when the Truth has found you. 'Falling away' is not believing the Word of God, you seem to have things backwards.

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Wow Prime, the go to H*** was completely uncalled for. Gods word is inerrant, as we have proven here, we are all just blah blah blah. This would explain why no amount of scripture can persuade you. So are you angry about your friends death. Do you blame God? Jesus came to earth, leaving a wonderful heavenly place because he loved us so much that he was willing to feel all things we feel even the excruciating pain of a horrible death. He did that for us. I sometimes can't believe it myself, but it's true. Him being God is only something christians belief, but his life and death are a matter of historic record.

What do you think the angels were saying to him when he said I must go save them from THEMSELVES. Probably no! Messiah look you can see the future and most of them will not care, most of them will still choose to depend on their own infalible wills, and minds. But Christ did it any way because we are his inheritance and he would save the few if only the few would listen. Oh please Prime reconsider, it is such a beautiful thing you toss aside so lightly. I know in our pride we like to think we know something and if the only thing we ever know is that the God-man came here to save us because he loves us, well then that will open up any skinny heart which will grow in boundless love for others. It's not that nobody considers the other side, it's just that if there is only one way to salvation we want to be on that narrow path. Take time Prime, stop coming here to vent, and find out what is true. By blasting others here it does not make the Bible untrue, in fact it just makes you look kinda crazy. Please Prime stop this before it goes too far and you are so hardened to Gods word that you can't find your way back.

Love  Teri

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,467
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,823
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I guess George keeps you around as a side show to keep the hit counts up.

I generally never discuss my own personal testimony, but I feel that it applies in this situation.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

George,

I do hope that you're right about Prime, but I have to say, in the last three years of posting on these boards I haven't seen anyone yet that has done a 180 from where prime is.

Prime refuses the truth even when it is proven to him, like he did when I showed him the U.S. isn't nor has it ever been a democracy.

I will say this, Prime does error in searching for Christ through other Christians, as he said was his reason for coming here 7 months ago.

Christians are just as human as non Christians, and just as much sinners, and trying to understand Christ from another fallen human isn't the way to go about it.

Christians have egos, pride, vanity, evil thoughts, misunderstandings, and every kind of sin that goes with it.

Although Christians would like to be above all of that, they aren't and never will be, until the return of the Lord.

Why?

Because we are ALL born into sin, and have the sin nature.

Sure, through the grace of God we can overcome some of these sins, but we are still sinners, and unless Jesus returns before our death, we will die sinners.

The one thing a Christian has that the rest of the world does not is Salvation through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are forgiven, by His grace.

Want to know and understand God?

Then accept Jesus as your saviour and ask Him, there is no other way, no person can teach you, and no book can teach you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Thank you for your replies, especially George. I actually began to tear up, while reading your words. I want to have what you have, such a strong belief. I just don't know where to start. Like I said, I came searching. I don't know exactly what I was searching for, I like to believe it was a way back to Jesus, but now I don't know. I want to believe, I really, really do. I just don't know how. But, I don't want to treat others the way I've been treated by some 'Christians', even on this forum. Is this what it means to be Christian? To assume that just because someone is a non-believer on a Christian forum they are here to "start trouble"? That, because they can see how a Palestinian might feel, they are "seeking the truth from Satan"? Or when they say that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, and the Quran isn't a book of hate, they are a "devil" or "sound crazy"? I won't be a part of it, even if it means forsaking God. I won't be that judgmental and condescending ever again. If anyone has any advice on what I should do, please feel free to 'message' me.

Teri, I didn't mean I was saying "go to H*ll", I meant that's what I'm told on a daily basis from other Christians. I was merely turning it around on them, Like: it's your rules, it's your punishment. I hope that makes sense. Also,   I'm not angry at God for my friends death, I'm really not. Death is apart of life and I'm comfortable know that.

Prime#

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Prime,

Start by seeking Jesus, He will guide you.

If you don't want to be like us "judgemental Christians", then show us a better way, I for one would be open to any help you can give me in that area.

One of my weaknesses has always been no patience.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,467
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,823
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just another tidbit about my testimony,

Before I came to salvation, I attended a private Baptist school while I attended this private "Christian" school, I was riduculed and teased more than ANY child should have.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thanks for sharing, George...you are an inspiration! :biggrin:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Prime,

There is something that you must not realize about being a Christian. As a Christian, true believers of the faith believe that Jesus is the only way of salvation, happiness, and a eternity of peace. The one true God. It is through faith that we trust our souls to Jesus Christ and no one else.

This has nothing to do with bigotry, self-righteousness, superiority (we ALL fall short of the Glory of God), or any other emotion of hate. We are not an exclusive club. We pray that everyone would come and seek God, come to repentance, and be filled with the Holy Spirit. So does God Himself.

God is not a God of hate. He is a God of Love. Read His Book. Go to A Church where they actually teach from it and learn. God will show you that He is for real and every other religion it just a bad imitation.

Christians do not hate other sinners, they hate sins. Nobody here that takes a pro-Israeli stance hates Palestinians. That is far from the Truth. In this stage of history, the Islamic religion has taken the iniative to kill everyone that doesn't believe in their religion. They also kill their own and subject their woman to the status of dogs. Is this the kind of God you would wish to serve? Prime I know deep down in my heart that you wouldn't. I wish I could free the millions of Muslims that want to denouce their faith but are afraid because it is an automatic death sentence. Praises that my God gives us a choice to accept or reject Him. My heart goes out to all innocent victims all over the world in this time of evil. I don't care if they are Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Christians, or any other religion.

The reason I do not support the Palestinians has nothing to do with taking sides with man. I am taking sides with God. No matter what either of us believe, God states in His own word many time over that He is not through with Israel. Also the PLO is in the same bed with other Muslim extreemist organizations alover the world. They are using people to commit suicide (ergo, d*amning their souls to ####)by bombing innocent people. Even in our country. I know you say that there are a lot of peaceful Muslims in the world. That is good, but it doesn't give the fanatics free reign to go about to destroy. These extremeists are murderers and cowards. They need and have to be stopped. Either that or sooner or later they will be by to murder someone you cherish. Whether you can face the truth or not, they are out to get us all and won't stop until they are through. We have two choices. Defend ourselves, or face eventual destruction. I for one do not want to stand around like a duck in a shooting gallery. I don't think God wants that either.

The President has chosen to defend ourselves. You and I both know that his motives are very questionable. The fact still remains that we still have to defend ourselves and pray that the President changes his motives.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Oh Prime your post was wonderful. I actually cried. As far as coming 180 degrees God can do anything. I like George had to ask someone to leave when I was saved. That was a long time ago. That same person weeped in church today. In Christ all things are possible. My pastor gave his testimony at the church tonight, he was a drunk, drug addict, and whoremonger and now he is a guy that cries in front of a congregation when hes talking about Christ loving us so much he died an excrusiating death for us. Don't worry about others and their judgmentalness, your state of being saved is between you and God. Your ability to see the other side may be very useful to God in the body of Christ. We all have different gifts to use in this area. Just think maybe you could bring multitudes of new believers to the Lord. Being able to walk in others shoes is a gift not too many of us has. Keep coming back Prime.

I Love You!!!!!

Teri