• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, The_Patriot2016 said:

Need I say more?

yes, you could highlight the word "all" in my statement, as I do not see it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is what I have been saying for weeks about the NSA spying program while many conservatives on this forum say it is ok since the Islamic terrorist are so scary. 

I don't believe anyone is saying "It's OK". The NSA spying on US citizens is unacceptable. Once Trump has dealt with the Muslim issue properly and thoroughly, he will have to ensure that the wholesale invasion of privacy comes to an end.

As to his national security advisers, they will have to either follow his directives or be asked to move on.  Just because certain individuals have held certain positions in the past does not mean that they will be allowed to promote their own agendas.  For example the  future Education Secretary (Betsy DeVos) had to make her position on Common Core crystal clear to line up with Trump's.

Trump is not necessarily revealing every nuance of his administration at this point, and rightly so.  Once he takes office and gets things moving, there will be many changes for the better.

• Group:  Royal Member *

52 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I don't believe anyone is saying "It's OK". The NSA spying on US citizens is unacceptable. Once Trump has dealt with the Muslim issue properly and thoroughly, he will have to ensure that the wholesale invasion of privacy comes to an end.

As to his national security advisers, they will have to either follow his directives or be asked to move on.  Just because certain individuals have held certain positions in the past does not mean that they will be allowed to promote their own agendas.  For example the  future Education Secretary (Betsy DeVos) had to make her position on Common Core crystal clear to line up with Trump's.

Trump is not necessarily revealing every nuance of his administration at this point, and rightly so.  Once he takes office and gets things moving, there will be many changes for the better.

Trump himself has said he wants the NSA spying on its own citizens program reinstated, if it were ever actually stopped. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Trump himself has said he wants the NSA spying on its own citizens program reinstated, if it were ever actually stopped. 

Please post that proof. Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Trump may have said some things off-the-cuff, but now he has a cabinet, and has to sit down and examine the issues carefully. Yes, if you could give us a quote from Trump stating the above, that would help.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

23 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is something I can see happening under the next Admin.   

Its happening now. Under this admin.

23 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is something I can see happening under the next Admin.   

I don't know about that. However, it is happening under this administration.

This bill :

S.3274 - Countering Foreign Propaganda and Disinformation Act 114th Congress

Which was added to the NDAA that Obama signed into existence this text included in the annual update:

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017114th Congress (2015-2016)

Which when passed ended up as this:

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 114th Congress (2015-2016)

1 hour ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

I don't know about that. However, it is happening under this administration.

This bill :

S.3274 - Countering Foreign Propaganda and Disinformation Act 114th Congress

Which was added to the NDAA that Obama signed into existence this text included in the annual update:

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017114th Congress (2015-2016)

Which when passed ended up as this:

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 114th Congress (2015-2016)

Yep, the NDAA is the new tool for taking away our freedoms.  One gave the executive branch the power of unlimited detention of anyone, including US citizens, without lawyer or a trial.  This is just one more step.   

All of these are being passed by GOP controlled congress, and next year with a Republican president it will only get worse.  In modern times when one party holds all three seats of power, government always gets bigger and freedoms get smaller.  Trump will continue that trend with gusto.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Trump may have said some things off-the-cuff, but now he has a cabinet, and has to sit down and examine the issues carefully. Yes, if you could give us a quote from Trump stating the above, that would help.

Yep, and his cabinet is all for it also.  Both his AG and CIA chief are in favor of more spying.  Do you think it was an accident he choose them?

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yep, the NDAA is the new tool for taking away our freedoms.  One gave the executive branch the power of unlimited detention of anyone, including US citizens, without lawyer or a trial.  This is just one more step.   

All of these are being passed by GOP controlled congress, and next year with a Republican president it will only get worse.  In modern times when one party holds all three seats of power, government always gets bigger and freedoms get smaller.  Trump will continue that trend with gusto.

I won't  predict what president elect Trump will do when he hasn't even been sworn into office as yet.

However, there is a 12 vote difference between the Democrats that voted Yea for this final bill as compared to the Republicans.

GovTrak S.2943 Votes: 85-13

Edit: P.S. Shadows, do you have the proof I previously asked you to provide to support this prior statement that you made? Trump himself has said he wants the NSA spying on its own citizens program reinstated, if it were ever actually stopped. 

Edited by whatdoIwant2callmyself