forGod1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Our Lord God is the great physician that can heal the soul, spirit and body. Spend time daily in His Word and earnestly pray to Him for help and He is faithful to answer your prayers. We don't have the capability to fully understand just how much the Lord did for us, and how much He loves us., it's beyond understanding. He is not willing that anyone should perish, but come to Him and depend on Him for our needs.

I'm not a counselor, but may I suggest as stated previously, you find a sound Bible believing church to attend. Maybe ask the Pastor to make some time to talk to you about your difficulties. Many Pastor's are trained and experienced in these matters. If you're in Him, He is always with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

21 hours ago, forGod1 said:

I know Jesus died on the cross for me. I know it's all true, from cover to cover. Why am I still stuck in sinner mode? Am I just heartless and can't care about Jesus? Why do I want to go to hell? I know my souls trajectory right now.. and it isn't good. Why can't I care?!? I need some motivation or something. If hell doesn't work, what motivation is there? If showing Christ respect isn't motivation, what could someone say?

If you weren't meant to go to heaven you probably wouldn't care about any of this. The people who are really in trouble are the ones who live in sins and see nothing wrong in what they're doing, thinking, and believing. When I was younger I often thought similar to you. I didn't think I was living the way a man of God should be. I was miserable and since I didn't have what many men have I figured I can never see heaven. I was thinking wrong and so are you. I wish I knew why some of us have to live lives of pain, sickness, mental confusion, etc. but I don't. I do know this, God didn't put us here to be happy He put us here to be holy. For some people being holy means a life like Mother Teresa, or a married person who goes to church without fail and is respected by his fellow Christians. But for other people being holy means trying to be good and failing often and yet we don't give up. I wish I knew 2 things about you, 1 is your age the other is how long you know God. I'm going to guess 1 or both are not very long. To me long is 20 yrs or more. I'm in my 60's and I've been a Christian some 33 years and I'm still struggling. But I no longer think I'm not meant to reach Heaven. I just wish I was given a nice smooth road to travel but I wasn't. But think of this, the greatest men of God didn't live such great lives. I mean some do but most struggled and many were hated and finally killed by the people they were trying to help. I wish I knew why, but I don't.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, JTC said:

If you weren't meant to go to heaven you probably wouldn't care about any of this. The people who are really in trouble are the ones who live in sins and see nothing wrong in what they're doing, thinking, and believing. When I was younger I often thought similar to you. I didn't think I was living the way a man of God should be. I was miserable and since I didn't have what many men have I figured I can never see heaven. I was thinking wrong and so are you. I wish I knew why some of us have to live lives of pain, sickness, mental confusion, etc. but I don't. I do know this, God didn't put us here to be happy He put us here to be holy. For some people being holy means a life like Mother Teresa, or a married person who goes to church without fail and is respected by his fellow Christians. But for other people being holy means trying to be good and failing often and yet we don't give up. I wish I knew 2 things about you, 1 is your age the other is how long you know God. I'm going to guess 1 or both are not very long. To me long is 20 yrs or more. I'm in my 60's and I've been a Christian some 33 years and I'm still struggling. But I no longer think I'm not meant to reach Heaven. I just wish I was given a nice smooth road to travel but I wasn't. But think of this, the greatest men of God didn't live such great lives. I mean some do but most struggled and many were hated and finally killed by the people they were trying to help. I wish I knew why, but I don't.

Humble testimony and encouragement JTC.  Many believers go through many trials and they feel as they are the only ones in those situations and some are scared or just afraid to relate their story, as they feel they might not be believed.  It can be terrifying and lonely experience.  I went through and to some extent still go through ordeals that are daunting.  At the beginning, i just[edit ...have 4 sis but two saved at the  time]  had by two sisters and one passed away very early in my trials and the other the long distance phone bills had become a burden.  That is when i was left alone as i could relate those things to the church as i was very new there and did not want to be seen as a xyz.   I keep mentioning spiritual warfare, as it is a reality in my life, i don't know about other believers, and i do get tired and worn out, but i press on.   I can say many things here, but don't know if i would be believed, so i choose not to and if and when i am moved to, maybe i will.    Abby Joy, mentions things that she has gone through and seen ect, i do not discredit her neither doubt her experiences, as it is hers. She has openly spoken her mind and maybe for those who goes through the trials of life in the spiritual realm they do not feel alone as to some of her open conversations.   I know many believers convictions are that only the bible  contents are to be taken into account.   But i think i am sane enough to know what i smell, taste and feel and is not senile as yet.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Humble testimony and encouragement JTC.  Many believers go through many trials and they feel as they are the only ones in those situations and some are scared or just afraid to relate their story, as they feel they might not be believed.  It can be terrifying and lonely experience.  I went through and to some extent still go through ordeals that are daunting.  At the beginning, i just had by two sisters and one passed away very early in my trials and the other the long distance phone bills had become a burden.  That is when i was left alone as i could relate those things to the church as i was very new there and did not want to be seen as a xyz.   I keep mentioning spiritual warfare, as it is a reality in my life, i don't know about other believers, and i do get tired and worn out, but i press on.   I can say many things here, but don't know if i would be believed, so i choose not to and if and when i am moved to, maybe i will.    Abby Joy, mentions things that she has gone through and seen ect, i do not discredit her neither doubt her experiences, as it is hers. She has openly spoken her mind and maybe for those who goes through the trials of life in the spiritual realm they do not feel alone as to some of her open conversations.   I know many believers convictions are that only the bible  contents are to be taken into account.   But i think i am sane enough to know what i smell, taste and feel and is not senile as yet.  

You and JTC brought up some very good points to keep in mind. Thank you. 

Personally speaking for myself... It's difficult to converse about experiences and subjects you have not experienced or went through, and know little about. It can be uncomfortable to talk about and you don't want to say the wrong things, offend or make matters worse. It appears we all go through tests and tribulations, some at different levels and ways, some more severe and daunting than others. I don't pretend to know why. I do know The Lord Jesus Christ is always with us and He will not abandon us no matter what. I try to keep in mind, not to lean toward my own understanding, but trust in the Lord. And all things work towards good.