The law of the LORD is perfect,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I only follow a person if they follow christ. I am not Catholic but I do like the RCC. The Apostles never said follow the ten commandments.  They said keep the commandments of God which in the new testament is to love one another as I loved you (Jesus).There are other commandments  but they are not the ten given to Moses.I used to belong to Sabbath keeping church .I learn the truth that was a schoolmaster to lead us to christ. It taught that we needed to be righteous but could never achieve it. And also by the weekly and high sabbath that we need rest from being sinners. How heavy is the burden of sin in our lives. Christ takes that burden off of us. And gives us rest. We will have that rest perfectly  when we are glorified. Ellen white and SDA are wrong about the place of the law in a christian  life. If we still need the law then we don't need christ.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

The apostles followed the ten commandments, God's law...1st John 2 Those who say they know Him and follow NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them..

Paul in Romans said "it is doers of the law that are justified, NOT hearers and do we make void the law through faith? God forbid..We establish the law"..

So seems anyone who does not follow God's law is not walking as Jesus and the Apostles walked..

You should check the spirit which is leading you, as Apostle John recommends.

My friend they did not follow the ten commandments.  They walk by the spirit. If you walk by the spirit you will not fulfill the things of the flesh.

1st John 5..."this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and they are not burdensome"

Seems you do not agree with the Bible, and want to rewrite it..that is typical..

If you think you are walking "in the spirit" and do not want to keep God's commandments, the better check what spirit you are following don't you think? 1st John.

Edited by heretoeternity

Your following the old covenant.  I am in the new covenant.  The ten commandments are the old covenant.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/26/2017 at 3:07 PM, Willa said:

In Romans 7 Rom 7:7  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? May it never be! However, I wouldn’t have known sin, except through the law. For I wouldn’t have known coveting, unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” Rom 7:12  Therefore the law indeed is holy, and the commandment holy, and righteous, and good.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Therefore the Law of the Lord is perfect and good, and it shows us our need of a Savior.  Thus it plays a role in our conversion since it becomes a tool of the Holy Spirit.  The testimony of Jesus Christ makes us wiser than many college professors who don't profess Jesus.  Psm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."  It is the foundation of wisdom.  1Co 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brothers, that not many are wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, and not many noble; 1Co 1:27  but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;  1Co 1:28  and God chose the lowly things of the world, and the things that are despised, and the things that don’t exist, that he might bring to nothing the things that exist, 1Co 1:29  that no flesh should boast before God.

1Co 2:14  Now the natural man doesn’t receive the things of God’s Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can’t know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I can't dispute the OP Psalms 19:7.   All of God's Word is truth.

The law of the Lord is good! Seems to me your on the right path cause you're thinking biblical context Willa. The law was a guardian but now that we have grown up we no longer need a guardian. The guardian is no longer needed but does that make the guardian bad or wrong. No. The guardian was needful until the fullness of times came. 

From the exodus to Jesus, from the delivery from bondage to the promise, the law was school master. We no longer need the school master, we have graduated and are set free. We no longer are justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, the promise has come.

We are called to holiness, we are called to not sin, we are called to love.  Pulling our brother out of the fire, hating the garment spotted with the flesh.

Keeping sabath or feasts for justification reasons is going back under a school master. You who want to live in high school all the days of your life, well that's your choice but one has to ask, Who's bewitched you? You've been given your diploma and you didn't have to earn it! It was given to you and someone else did all the work! You're free, why go back under bondage!

You want to keep certain days as a memorial or witness let no one judge you but being in the family of God is marked by faith in Christ Jesus not the works of the law. To expect someone to comply to the works of the law to be considered in the family is wrong and a lack of understanding. The book of Galatians covers it well.

Edited by Zemke

7 hours ago, Zemke said:

The law of the Lord is good! Seems to me your on the right path cause you're thinking biblical context Willa. The law was a guardian but now that we have grown up we no longer need a guardian. The guardian is no longer needed but does that make the guardian bad or wrong. No. The guardian was needful until the fullness of times came. 

From the exodus to Jesus, from the delivery from bondage to the promise, the law was school master. We no longer need the school master, we have graduated and are set free. We no longer are justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, the promise has come.

We are called to holiness, we are called to not sin, we are called to love.  Pulling our brother out of the fire, hating the garment spotted with the flesh.

Keeping sabath or feasts for justification reasons is going back under a school master. You who want to live in high school all the days of your life, well that's your choice but one has to ask, Who's bewitched you? You've been given your diploma and you didn't have to earn it! It was given to you and someone else did all the work! You're free, why go back under bondage!

You want to keep certain days as a memorial or witness let no one judge you but being in the family of God is marked by faith in Christ Jesus not the works of the law. To expect someone to comply to the works of the law to be considered in the family is wrong and a lack of understanding. The book of Galatians covers it well.

The feasts you mention, were under the Mosaic law, the 600+ sacrificial, circumcision, food, cleanliness, feast, festiovals etc..they were written by the hand of Moses..these ended in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned.

The ten commandments, God's law was written by God Himself on the stone tablets in Exodus 20...the seventh day Sabbath/the fourth commandment was introduced by God at Creation Genesis 2, when He created the seventh day of the week as a rest day, He blessed the day and sanctified it (set it aside for holy purposes)..it is the only Holy day in the Bible for Christians to follow, and is as much a part of creation as we are.

1st John 3.4 sin is transgression of the law

1st John 5.3 for this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome

1st John 2.4 those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them

Romans 2.13 it is doers of the law that are justified before God

Romans 3.31 do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

The feasts you mention, were under the Mosaic law, the 600+ sacrificial, circumcision, food, cleanliness, feast, festiovals etc..they were written by the hand of Moses..these ended in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned.

The ten commandments, God's law was written by God Himself on the stone tablets in Exodus 20...the seventh day Sabbath/the fourth commandment was introduced by God at Creation Genesis 2, when He created the seventh day of the week as a rest day, He blessed the day and sanctified it (set it aside for holy purposes)..it is the only Holy day in the Bible for Christians to follow, and is as much a part of creation as we are.

1st John 3.4 sin is transgression of the law

1st John 5.3 for this is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome

1st John 2.4 those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is not in them

Romans 2.13 it is doers of the law that are justified before God

Romans 3.31 do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.

The OP states the law of the Lord is perfect, I agree. My post was a comment on Willa' post in agreement with her on the place of the works of the law in the scope of inclusion in the family of God. There is no room for sin in what I wrote nor do I desire to get into a debate on sabbath keeping.