• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Revelation 21:8 NKJV
[8] But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Becasue Moses was a murderer, we must each decide if we are doing right or wrong by God in each of those categories. 
I don't even know what your morality is this morning.  Or your idolatry rating today. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

19 hours ago, simplejeff said:

"Somehow" he outgrew the truth.

I grew past conservatism and now embrace the Love of Jesus, especially for sinners.
I've outgrown and rejected conservative suppression of female leadership, and any unequal treatment
of all minority groups, especially my neighbors.

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Rejecting Jesus to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work nor happen.

Rejecting Paul to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen either.

Rejecting Scripture to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen.

Rejecting Yahweh's Plan and Purpose and TRUE SALVATION to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen either.

Readers beware those who "outgrow" Scripture - it never works and never happens either.  Only heresy and deception rejects Scripture.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you didn't.   You supplied your own errant interpretation and tried to impose that on to the text. 

People can read for themselves.  

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Rejecting Jesus to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work nor happen.

Rejecting Paul to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen either.

Rejecting Scripture to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen.

Rejecting Yahweh's Plan and Purpose and TRUE SALVATION to "outgrow" Scripture doesn't work and doesn't happen either.

Readers beware those who "outgrow" Scripture - it never works and never happens either.  Only heresy and deception rejects Scripture.

What happened was that I found a passage that was in conflict, with how people were applying scripture to the world.

Matthew 7:12    In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

The result was I began applying this scripture to applications and found that people were not following the law.
Since this passage says it is the essance of all scripture, and it calls us to apply it to everything, then I must reject all conservative Christianity that does not follow the rule.  So now I am a social liberal becasue this passage rejects a good amount of conservative fundamentalism.  And this one passage has good support where conservatives rely on poor support and claim it is equally convincing. I can't fit the supporting passages in my signature file.
These passages are generally ignored by conservatives becasue they love to hate their neighbors:

James 2:8 

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Proverbs 3:29 

Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Mark 12:31

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 15:2 

Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 7:12 

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 10:27 

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6:31 

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Leviticus 19:16-18 ESV / 39 helpful votes

You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Romans 13:10 

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19:19 

Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 6:10 

So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

15 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,  as currently the ones who reject the Apostles and their posts reflect rejection of Jesus.

This is unclear, it doesn't seem to fit with the previous .sentences, or with describing the people who reject Scripture and the Apostles.

sorry, it should have read that these people are not like to accept the objective morality of God's word through Jesus Christ.  This was the subject of the OP.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

9 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

A group of people brought a sexual criminal before Jesus and intended to stone her.
He sent them packing for being so judgmental using their own failings as the reason
that they were not qualified to judge.  Then, He being qualified, also did not judge her.
Nor did she repent.  It seems Jesus has no judgment for sex crimes.  Jesus did not point
out her failings with scripture or call her a criminal.  Then he let her go to decide for
herself what her sins were. 
http://biblehub.com/bsb/john/8.htm

2Pe 3:15  NKJV  and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 2Pe 3:16  as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. 2Pe 3:17  You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

We have been taught situation ethics for so long that some don't recognize the truth when they hear it.  Or they reject the truth.

Jdg 17:6  In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Pro 21:2 NASV  Every man’s way is right in his own eyes,
But the LORD weighs the hearts.

When people reject their Lord and King they go their own way and do what is right in their own eyes.  That is why Jesus said that not every man who just says "Lord, Lord" shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but He who does the will of My Father.   We must receive His authority and the authority of Scripture as enlightened by the Holy Spirit to be a true Christian.  Jesus must be both Savior and Lord.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

When people decide for themselves what their own sin is or isn't,  the devil rejoices (if he can), and laughs at them, because he has them - there is no longer a sacrifice for their sin :  they have to die for themselves, Jesus didn't die for those unrepentant.  They have no way to get to see heaven, ever, as long as there is no sacrifice for their sins.  'objective' whatever won't make any difference - their sin is not covered by the Blood of Jesus,  there is no redemption for their sin if they don't repent as Yahweh's Word States Clearly.

But that's a side issue, actually.

Rejecting Scripture;

Rejecting the Word of God;

Rejecting the Savior Jesus

that's the main issue.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

People can read for themselves.  

Yes and they can read how you mishandle and butcher the Scripture.  If you were a Christian, it might make a difference how you look at Scripture.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

People can read for themselves.  I only stated regarding what scripture actually says.
We all know that those before Jesus was born had the option of salvation as well.

No, you quoted scripture and then tried to add your own incompetent interpretation to it.   Everyone can read that, as well.