IGNORED

The Holy Trinity?

Paper mache

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, OneLight said:

I understood your last sentence and agree.  My question wold of been "Why "In the first quote, you claim the Holy Spirit is not a separate deity, but in the last you claim Jesus is.""  I am trying to understand why you disagreed with the term "deity" when I used it, but promote it in your statement?

That is the product my own poor wording.   I guess when I said "his own deity" that it gave the wrong impression.  Sorry about that.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is the product my own poor wording.   I guess when I said "his own deity" that it gave the wrong impression.  Sorry about that.  

Thanks Bro for the clarification.  I take very seriously everything you write and hate to assume or not understand.

Guest shiloh357
14 hours ago, brakelite said:

We are all desirous to know and understand the true God...all around us there is a pantheon of false ideas, false gods, and not just in the religious world. And the vast majority of Christians today are deceived into worshiping a false god, a trinity which is derived from pagan origins.

The Trinity does not have pagan origins.  There is no doctrine of the Trinity in pagan religions.     The only way we could be worshiping a false god is if Jesus isn't God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem is that you're treating "His Spirit as if the Spirit is something akin to Jesus' soul, as if Jesus is sending a different part of Himself.   And that is really bad theology.   The use of "He"  noted above is sufficient to refute your reference to the Holy Spirit as an "it" especially when coupled with all of the personal attributes of the Holy Spirit.   

When Jesus says, I will come to you, that's true.  Yet at the same time, the Holy Spirit is a different person, separate from and independent of Jesus, too.  The Holy Spirit and Jesus are God, but they are separate Persons.   Jesus comes to us in the Person of the Holy Spirit. 

It defies logic to say that Jesus is basically sending himself.  Allos is used in the Greek to distinguish between angels. It is a common reference in the book of Revelation.  Jesus said that the Holy Spirit could not come until He had departed and that after He had departed He would send another comforter.   So the comforter being sent by Jesus is not Jesus.    The word allos is simply reference to the function of the Holy Spirit.   The Holy Spirit would function in a manner similar to how Jesus functioned in the lives of the apostles yet in an even better way in some respects. 

Otherwise your rather bizarre take on this would basically have Jesus refering to Himself in the third person "He" as if he is a different person from Himself. 

And nowhere in John 14, 15 or 16 does Jesus ever indicate that He and the Holy Spirit are the same Person.  He clearly refers to the Holy Spirit is a person separate from Himself that He is sending to take over as our Comforter, teacher, etc.

Both of them serve in that function.   The Holy Spirit is our comforter, and Jesus is our advocate.  And you are misquoting I John 2:1.  The word is used of Jesus to refer to Him as our advocate, not our comforter.   You cannot plug both meanings into every usage of the word Parakletos.  That's not how it works.  It does not mean both comforter and advocate each time it is used. 

It isn't about Jesus sending Himself. He said He would ask His Father to send "another comforter". And Jesus said explicitly that the answer would be positive because He said, "I will come to you". You say the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, yet throughout the scripture the holy Spirit is described as being the Spirit of Christ, or the Spirit of God. Always. And Jesus referred to Himself in the 3rd person on several occasions. One being the discussion with the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

You constantly accuse me of bad theology because I don't understand the trinity, and yet you also admit no-one understands the trinity. It is officially called a "mystery". How can you be so adamant and confident that you are correct concerning  a doctrine that is in essence, impossible to understand?  God has revealed Himself to us. Sure, we will never find out everything there is to know about God, but what He has revealed is given that we may know Him. Like in John 17:3. You said this prayer was just an example for our benefit. That when Jesus said "the only true God", this was not entirely correct, for the Holy Spirit is also the "only true God" and Jesus Himself is also the "only true God". Either language actually means something, or Jesus is being deliberately misleading. It seems the apostle Paul understood this concept when he wrote 1 Cor.8:6.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, brakelite said:

It isn't about Jesus sending Himself. He said He would ask His Father to send "another comforter".

So that comforter cannot be Jesus.

And Jesus said explicitly that the answer would be positive because He said, "I will come to you". You say the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, yet throughout the scripture the holy Spirit is described as being the Spirit of Christ, or the Spirit of God. Always. And Jesus referred to Himself in the 3rd person on several occasions. One being the discussion with the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

I understand that.  The problem is that you're trying to make the Holy Spirit either part of Jesus or Jesus himself and that is not the case.   The Holy Spirit is God and Jesus is God, so Jesus indwells us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.  There is an interplay between being God in esseece, but being Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Person(s).     The mystery about all of this is how that is possible.  We don't have anything in our experience that can explain that.   You're trying to make sense out of what is impossible for us to understand and what we won't understand until another time.

You constantly accuse me of bad theology because I don't understand the trinity, and yet you also admit no-one understands the trinity.

I don't accuse you of bad theology because you don't understand the Trinity. It's bad theology because you reject the Holy Spirit as "He" when even Jesus calls the Holy Spirit "He."   You are essentially trying to overrule Jesus and you have this bizarre notion that Jesus is sending Himself to be our comforter when He clearly states that He is sending another person.   The bad theology comes from contradicting Jesus.

It is officially called a "mystery". How can you be so adamant and confident that you are correct concerning  a doctrine that is in essence, impossible to understand? 

I don't claim to understand it.  I claim to believe it in spite of not understanding it.   My willingness to believe what I cannot understand is rooted in my faith in a God who cannot lie.   When God calls Jesus God in Heb. 1:8 that means that Jesus is God.  I don't try to rationalize it away.  When Jesus claims to have preexisted His incarnation as God, I don't question or doubt that because as God, Jesus doesn't lie.  When the Bible calls the Holy Spirit God in Acts 5:3-4, I don't doubt that.  I accept it.  I don't understand how He can be one God in three Persons.  That is impossible in our realm of reality, but God says it is true, and so  I trust that I will understand it later on when we have our glorified bodies.

God has revealed Himself to us. Sure, we will never find out everything there is to know about God, but what He has revealed is given that we may know Him.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we will fully understand even what is revealed to us at this time.   That is not a hindrance to us knowing Him, though.

Like in John 17:3. You said this prayer was just an example for our benefit. That when Jesus said "the only true God", this was not entirely correct, for the Holy Spirit is also the "only true God" and Jesus Himself is also the "only true God". Either language actually means something, or Jesus is being deliberately misleading. It seems the apostle Paul understood this concept when he wrote 1 Cor.8:6.

I never said it wasn't entirely true.   Jesus was praying as a man.   Jesus didn't pray in His deity.   He prayed in His humanity to the Father and the humanity of Jesus honored God the Father as the one true God.   That doesn't take away from Jesus being God.   Everything Jesus did in His humanity, He did for our benefit, to show us out to live.   He walked in His humanity so that we could have a righteous model we could follow.  He showed us how we, in our humanity could live pleasing lives to God.   He showed what submission looked like, what faith looks like, what forgiveness looks like.  He showed how to defeat temptation, how to pray, how to relate to the Father, how consecrate ourselves to the Father's will. 

None of that takes anything away from the fact that Jesus is God and that He is just as much God as the Father is, and that Jesus, before the world was ever made, before space and time, as we know it, preexisted creation as God in the dateless eternal past.   Jesus has no beginning and no end.  He is just as eternal as the Father and that goes for the Holy Spirit as well.  And we learn all of that just from the Greek structure of John 1:1-3.

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Trinity does not have pagan origins.  There is no doctrine of the Trinity in pagan religions.     The only way we could be worshiping a false god is if Jesus isn't God.

The trinity got its start in Ancient Babylon with Nimrod - Tammuz - and Semiramis. Semiramis demanded worship for both her husband and her son as well as herself. She claimed that her son, was both the father and the son. Yes, he was “god the father” and “god the son” - The first divine incomprehensible trinity.” — (The Two Babylons, Alexander Hislop, p. 51)

So in Egypt, their trinity became Osiris, Horus and Isis. In Greece it was Zeus, Apollo and Athena. And in India there was Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva .  Rome, they had Jupiter, Mars and Venus .

These few are by no means a comprehensive list but in all the many cultures and pagan systems of worship, we find the ultimate worship of their gods always ends up in three. The common denominator is that they all started at the very same place, Babel. But now that they had different languages, they all had different names. As far back into the ancient world as we can go, we find that all known cultures had a three in one triune god.

There is a lot more that could be covered on this topic but what we have is adequate for this study. The parts that have not been examined can be briefly covered by the following summary of the heathen trinity.

1. There are always three beings in this triune god.
  2. One is the father, one is the mother and one is the son.
  3. The son is also the husband of the mother.
  4. The son is the father incarnate.
  5. All three have been deified as gods.
  6. Often these three are said to be one god. That is, one in three forms, or three in one.
  7. The father is often not mentioned and instead the mother and son are worshipped by themselves.
  8. At times the heathen trinity is seen as one god playing three roles, and is pictured with three heads.
  9. At other times this one god is seen with three faces on one head.
  10. In several branches of heathenism, the third person of this trinity is regarded as evil and a destroyer.

In this last version, the 1st person is the creator, the 2nd person is the maintainer, and the 3rd person is the destroyer. None of these heathen concepts should ever be found in Christianity!

Alexander Hislop summed up the trinity with the following, “All these have existed from ancient times. While overlaid with idolatry, the recognition of a trinity was universal in all the ancient nations of the world.” — (The Two Babylons, pp. 17, 18)

Remember that the trinity doctrine, and why it is called as such, is as follows. The Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three gods but one God, and that's the trinity! In other words, 1+1+1=One! This of course makes no sense at all and is not found in the Bible, so where did it really come from?

The very first three-in-one trinity was the worship of the three stages of the sun!

(1. New born at dawn. (2. Mature and full grown at 12 noon. (3. Old and dying at the end of the day. (Jordan Maxwell. BBC of America Quoted in Exposure Vol. 5, No. 6 1999). All three of course were one divinity being the sun. And so the main medium through which Satan was worshipped in Babylon was the sun. They noticed that the sun had three distinct stages and this fitted well with their belief as they were already worshipping three. Thus the sun was worshiped as three gods. The rising and new born sun as it came to life, the mature and full grown sun at noon, and the dying sun as it set at the end of the day. Yet while they worshipped the sun as three gods, they were not three gods but one god!

So the rising sun was god, the midday sun was god, the setting sun was god, and yet there were not three gods but one god! In other words, 1+1+1=One! So here is the true absolute origin of the trinity doctrine. And this became incorporated into this mystery religion and the worship of Satan.

Three became the most universal number of deity. Sun worship is one of the most primitive forms of religion, and early man sometimes distinguished between rising, midday, and setting sun. The Egyptians, for example, divided the sun god into three deities: Horus, rising sun, Ra or Re, midday sun, and Osiris, old setting sun.” — (Egyptian Deities, New International Encyclopedia. NY: Dodd, 1917. Volume 7, p. 529)

Three phases of the sunAnd all of this started in Babylon. So as each group travelled it took with them the same concept except they now had different names.

The pagans also believed that the three phases of the sun were the three manifestations of the supreme deity as evident in the Egyptian sun gods. See image left. This became known as the three in one god. In order to be able to represent their sun god properly, they combined all three stages of the sun into one, and the result of that would be a picture of what they really believed. When you put all three parts together, you have one and this symbol became a symbol of the sun god, and the being behind that worship was Satan.

They found this symbolism very effective and used this to disguise their Sun triangle and 666true religion. These three interlocking circles formed an equilateral triangle which is a triangle with three equal sides. With an equilateral triangle all sides are equal and must add up to 180 degrees. Each side was representing a phase of the sun with each angle of the triangle being 60 degrees. It does not take a genius to see that the next step, 60 + 60 + 60 represented 666. See image right.

The ancient Babylonians recognised the doctrine of a trinity, or three persons in one god— as appears from a composite god with three heads forming part of their mythology, and the use of the equilateral triangle, also, as an emblem of such trinity in unity.” — (Thomas Dennis Rock, The Mystical Woman and the Cities of the Nations, 1867, pp. 22, 23)

It is also very significant that the Babylonians used the sexagesimal (base-60) number system from which comes 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, 360 (60×6) degrees in a circle and 60 degrees in each angle of an equilateral triangle and so on. 360 divided by 10 = 36 and 6 * 6 = 36

This is derived from their system of worship of 36 supreme gods, which included the sun god as number one which they believed to be the father of all the other gods (Nimrod), and the moon was the mother god (Semiramis) as number two. The other gods numbered 3 to 36 were considered the children of the sun god, and included the various stars and constellations that these gods were associated with. Pagan solar seal amulet with 666These numbers from 1 to 36 total 666, which they also assigned to the sun god since it was the father of all their gods. The calculation is simply this: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23 + 24 + 25 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 29 + 30 + 31 + 32 + 33 + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666. Note the Babylonian solar seal amulet with the numbers 1 to 36 and the number 666 underneath these numbers that represented the sun. The numbers are so arranged that each row and column as well as the two diagonals add up to 111. They feared their gods and believed these amulets had more power to protect them from their god's striking them down with this number arrangement. These solar seals are almost impossible to find today and most are in private collections where Satan wants them. This true origin of the number 666 is known by very few and once again how Satan wants it as it reveals too much truth on what this number is all about and who God now assigns this number

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So that comforter cannot be Jesus.

I understand that.  The problem is that you're trying to make the Holy Spirit either part of Jesus or Jesus himself and that is not the case.   The Holy Spirit is God and Jesus is God, so Jesus indwells us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.  There is an interplay between being God in esseece, but being Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Person(s).     The mystery about all of this is how that is possible.  We don't have anything in our experience that can explain that.   You're trying to make sense out of what is impossible for us to understand and what we won't understand until another time.

I don't accuse you of bad theology because you don't understand the Trinity. It's bad theology because you reject the Holy Spirit as "He" when even Jesus calls the Holy Spirit "He."   You are essentially trying to overrule Jesus and you have this bizarre notion that Jesus is sending Himself to be our comforter when He clearly states that He is sending another person.   The bad theology comes from contradicting Jesus.

I don't claim to understand it.  I claim to believe it in spite of not understanding it.   My willingness to believe what I cannot understand is rooted in my faith in a God who cannot lie.   When God calls Jesus God in Heb. 1:8 that means that Jesus is God.  I don't try to rationalize it away.  When Jesus claims to have preexisted His incarnation as God, I don't question or doubt that because as God, Jesus doesn't lie.  When the Bible calls the Holy Spirit God in Acts 5:3-4, I don't doubt that.  I accept it.  I don't understand how He can be one God in three Persons.  That is impossible in our realm of reality, but God says it is true, and so  I trust that I will understand it later on when we have our glorified bodies.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we will fully understand even what is revealed to us at this time.   That is not a hindrance to us knowing Him, though.

I never said it wasn't entirely true.   Jesus was praying as a man.   Jesus didn't pray in His deity.   He prayed in His humanity to the Father and the humanity of Jesus honored God the Father as the one true God.   That doesn't take away from Jesus being God.   Everything Jesus did in His humanity, He did for our benefit, to show us out to live.   He walked in His humanity so that we could have a righteous model we could follow.  He showed us how we, in our humanity could live pleasing lives to God.   He showed what submission looked like, what faith looks like, what forgiveness looks like.  He showed how to defeat temptation, how to pray, how to relate to the Father, how consecrate ourselves to the Father's will. 

None of that takes anything away from the fact that Jesus is God and that He is just as much God as the Father is, and that Jesus, before the world was ever made, before space and time, as we know it, preexisted creation as God in the dateless eternal past.   Jesus has no beginning and no end.  He is just as eternal as the Father and that goes for the Holy Spirit as well.  And we learn all of that just from the Greek structure of John 1:1-3.

Yes, Jesus is God, and as much God as His Father, because He is His Father's Son. He is a perfect reproduction of the Father...ffor it pleased God that in Him should all goodness dwell. Yes, He also pre-existed the incarnation. I have no argument with that. But you provide no evidence that in His pre-existent nature, Jesus was not a Son. According to you, God did NOT send His only begotten Son into the world. He sent God. Mmmm.

And you haven't explained why Paul would take John 17:3 so literally in 1 Cor. 8:6.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, brakelite said:

The trinity got its start in Ancient Babylon with Nimrod - Tammuz - and Semiramis. Semiramis demanded worship for both her husband and her son as well as herself. She claimed that her son, was both the father and the son. Yes, he was “god the father” and “god the son” - The first divine incomprehensible trinity.” — (The Two Babylons, Alexander Hislop, p. 51)

So in Egypt, their trinity became Osiris, Horus and Isis. In Greece it was Zeus, Apollo and Athena. And in India there was Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva .  Rome, they had Jupiter, Mars and Venus .

These few are by no means a comprehensive list but in all the many cultures and pagan systems of worship, we find the ultimate worship of their gods always ends up in three. The common denominator is that they all started at the very same place, Babel. But now that they had different languages, they all had different names. As far back into the ancient world as we can go, we find that all known cultures had a three in one triune god.

There is a lot more that could be covered on this topic but what we have is adequate for this study. The parts that have not been examined can be briefly covered by the following summary of the heathen trinity.

1. There are always three beings in this triune god.
  2. One is the father, one is the mother and one is the son.
  3. The son is also the husband of the mother.
  4. The son is the father incarnate.
  5. All three have been deified as gods.
  6. Often these three are said to be one god. That is, one in three forms, or three in one.
  7. The father is often not mentioned and instead the mother and son are worshipped by themselves.
  8. At times the heathen trinity is seen as one god playing three roles, and is pictured with three heads.
  9. At other times this one god is seen with three faces on one head.
  10. In several branches of heathenism, the third person of this trinity is regarded as evil and a destroyer.

In this last version, the 1st person is the creator, the 2nd person is the maintainer, and the 3rd person is the destroyer. None of these heathen concepts should ever be found in Christianity!

Alexander Hislop summed up the trinity with the following, “All these have existed from ancient times. While overlaid with idolatry, the recognition of a trinity was universal in all the ancient nations of the world.” — (The Two Babylons, pp. 17, 18)

Remember that the trinity doctrine, and why it is called as such, is as follows. The Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three gods but one God, and that's the trinity! In other words, 1+1+1=One! This of course makes no sense at all and is not found in the Bible, so where did it really come from?

The very first three-in-one trinity was the worship of the three stages of the sun!

(1. New born at dawn. (2. Mature and full grown at 12 noon. (3. Old and dying at the end of the day. (Jordan Maxwell. BBC of America Quoted in Exposure Vol. 5, No. 6 1999). All three of course were one divinity being the sun. And so the main medium through which Satan was worshipped in Babylon was the sun. They noticed that the sun had three distinct stages and this fitted well with their belief as they were already worshipping three. Thus the sun was worshiped as three gods. The rising and new born sun as it came to life, the mature and full grown sun at noon, and the dying sun as it set at the end of the day. Yet while they worshipped the sun as three gods, they were not three gods but one god!

So the rising sun was god, the midday sun was god, the setting sun was god, and yet there were not three gods but one god! In other words, 1+1+1=One! So here is the true absolute origin of the trinity doctrine. And this became incorporated into this mystery religion and the worship of Satan.

Three became the most universal number of deity. Sun worship is one of the most primitive forms of religion, and early man sometimes distinguished between rising, midday, and setting sun. The Egyptians, for example, divided the sun god into three deities: Horus, rising sun, Ra or Re, midday sun, and Osiris, old setting sun.” — (Egyptian Deities, New International Encyclopedia. NY: Dodd, 1917. Volume 7, p. 529)

Three phases of the sunAnd all of this started in Babylon. So as each group travelled it took with them the same concept except they now had different names.

The pagans also believed that the three phases of the sun were the three manifestations of the supreme deity as evident in the Egyptian sun gods. See image left. This became known as the three in one god. In order to be able to represent their sun god properly, they combined all three stages of the sun into one, and the result of that would be a picture of what they really believed. When you put all three parts together, you have one and this symbol became a symbol of the sun god, and the being behind that worship was Satan.

They found this symbolism very effective and used this to disguise their Sun triangle and 666true religion. These three interlocking circles formed an equilateral triangle which is a triangle with three equal sides. With an equilateral triangle all sides are equal and must add up to 180 degrees. Each side was representing a phase of the sun with each angle of the triangle being 60 degrees. It does not take a genius to see that the next step, 60 + 60 + 60 represented 666. See image right.

The ancient Babylonians recognised the doctrine of a trinity, or three persons in one god— as appears from a composite god with three heads forming part of their mythology, and the use of the equilateral triangle, also, as an emblem of such trinity in unity.” — (Thomas Dennis Rock, The Mystical Woman and the Cities of the Nations, 1867, pp. 22, 23)

It is also very significant that the Babylonians used the sexagesimal (base-60) number system from which comes 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, 360 (60×6) degrees in a circle and 60 degrees in each angle of an equilateral triangle and so on. 360 divided by 10 = 36 and 6 * 6 = 36

This is derived from their system of worship of 36 supreme gods, which included the sun god as number one which they believed to be the father of all the other gods (Nimrod), and the moon was the mother god (Semiramis) as number two. The other gods numbered 3 to 36 were considered the children of the sun god, and included the various stars and constellations that these gods were associated with. Pagan solar seal amulet with 666These numbers from 1 to 36 total 666, which they also assigned to the sun god since it was the father of all their gods. The calculation is simply this: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 + 20 + 21 + 22 + 23 + 24 + 25 + 26 + 27 + 28 + 29 + 30 + 31 + 32 + 33 + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666. Note the Babylonian solar seal amulet with the numbers 1 to 36 and the number 666 underneath these numbers that represented the sun. The numbers are so arranged that each row and column as well as the two diagonals add up to 111. They feared their gods and believed these amulets had more power to protect them from their god's striking them down with this number arrangement. These solar seals are almost impossible to find today and most are in private collections where Satan wants them. This true origin of the number 666 is known by very few and once again how Satan wants it as it reveals too much truth on what this number is all about and who God now assigns this number

Actually, alot of that is junk history.   If you study out the REAL ancient religious history of the middle east, you'll find that a lot of stuff you posted is revisionism used by skeptics to discredit the Christian faith, banking on the assumption that no one has the time or interest to check into that stuff.

It's like the claim that the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus is really just a rehash of the story of Horus, that Horus was born on Dec. 25th in a cave and that he died and was raised to life and so on.   They do that with lots of deities from ancient Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Rome, Greece...  There is the claim that the sun god "Mithras" is what Jesus' life is based on and that "Jesus"  is really "Ie-Sous" or  "Ie-Zeus."

I have heard it all and it is all nonsense, as is the claim that the ancients had "Triune"gods.     The doctrine of the Trinity is that there is ONE God in three Persons.   Even the stuff you post above isn't anything like the Trinity.   It is more of a Triad of three gods, not a Trinity. 

And by the way, Alexander Hislop has been discredited and debunked over and over.  His book is completely unreliable as a history book. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Yes, Jesus is God, and as much God as His Father, because He is His Father's Son. He is a perfect reproduction of the Father...ffor it pleased God that in Him should all goodness dwell. Yes, He also pre-existed the incarnation. I have no argument with that. But you provide no evidence that in His pre-existent nature, Jesus was not a Son.

I don't have to provide evidence for that.  The Bible doesn't say that Jesus was God's Son prior to His incarnation, so I don't have to provide evidnece to refute an argument that the Bible doesn't make.   You are trying to infer that He was from John 3:16 and that is simply not going to cut it.  That verse does not say that Jesus was God's Son prior to His birth.    It says that Jesus was the Word of God, prior to His incarnation.  It says that He shared the same glory that the Father had, prior to His incarnation.    Jesus became God's Son the moment he was conceived in Mary.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, brakelite said:

It isn't about Jesus sending Himself. He said He would ask His Father to send "another comforter". And Jesus said explicitly that the answer would be positive because He said, "I will come to you". You say the Holy Spirit is not Jesus, yet throughout the scripture the holy Spirit is described as being the Spirit of Christ, or the Spirit of God. Always. And Jesus referred to Himself in the 3rd person on several occasions. One being the discussion with the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

You constantly accuse me of bad theology because I don't understand the trinity, and yet you also admit no-one understands the trinity. It is officially called a "mystery". How can you be so adamant and confident that you are correct concerning  a doctrine that is in essence, impossible to understand?  God has revealed Himself to us. Sure, we will never find out everything there is to know about God, but what He has revealed is given that we may know Him. Like in John 17:3. You said this prayer was just an example for our benefit. That when Jesus said "the only true God", this was not entirely correct, for the Holy Spirit is also the "only true God" and Jesus Himself is also the "only true God". Either language actually means something, or Jesus is being deliberately misleading. It seems the apostle Paul understood this concept when he wrote 1 Cor.8:6.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

I believe the holy spirit is Jesus because Jesus was God. And God is the Holy Spirit. Remember the passage about Logos? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men” (John 1:1-4)