• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Working on it....

I Will by one. Matter a fact i'll take 50 and pass them out. How close are you to finishing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

I'll buy one, pay in advance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

As I am working on a few different projects... I'm nowhere near close.  It will be when the Lord says ... since a lot of things are work in progress concerning my life... but one thing I aspire to write about is a simple book to help children who have survived the cult... whose parents (usually the mother) have escaped, and the children need something on their level to help them understand what's happening....

Ok PLZ let me know when it finished

Guest Thallasa
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:10 AM, Brittany said:

Alright, so, I'm against abortion completely. I don't believe a woman should ever have the right to kill her own child. Even in cases of rape, and when the mother's health is affected. I believe that when a woman gets an abortion, she is being selfish and is giving up. Now, I don't hate women who support abortions or have had abortions. But, I hate abortion with a burning passion.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this because I was curious about other viewpoints.

Do you think abortion is okay at all times? What about when a baby is the result of rape? When the mother's health is in jeopardy? Please also include your reasoning, whether you answer yes or no.

Here's my reasoning for being against abortion: God forms us in our mother's womb, and He knows us even before we're born, and has a purpose for us (Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:13). Okay so, what about in cases of rape? Well, sometimes we need to just get over it (although I'm not saying it'll be easy to just, poof, forget the trauma). We are told that there will be tribulations, and that we need to endure to the end. Life on earth isn't going to be perfect. But we can rely on God to get us through at least until we have accomplished our purpose. And as for when a woman's life is in jeopardy, I like to look at John 15:13 to answer this; "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." When a woman is willing to risk her own life to try to birth a baby, she is showing almost the greatest love (I say "almost" because God is the one who showed the greatest love when He sent His Son to die for us). Abortion, therefore, is not a loving decision.

I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts! :)

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, EVEN IF WE HAVE DIFFERING VIEW POINTS.

AASBUIO?NYYYY

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
13 hours ago, Pie said:

In almost every case I would be against abortion. But as already mentioned when the mother's life is in jeopardy, I don't think we should remove the right for her to make that choice. If she chooses to die for her child, that is one thing. But making her die by removing the option is quite another. Also, in cases whether the mother's life is a major concern.. typically the child's is also. Not always, but typically. So it's possible you could wind up with a dead mother and baby. And for those who are quick to jump to the notion that the mother should die for her child. What if the mother is your 16 year old daughter? Would you want her to die for her child? It's easy as a spectator to judge something we've never had to go through. It's a choice I hope I would never have to make. (Even more so if there's a good chance you both die). To kill your own child for the sake of your own life would be absolutely terrible. But I wouldn't take that right from someone because at that point it involves two lives hanging in the balance. And I don't think we should be able to judge which life is more valuable. That should be up to the mother. But that's just my opinion.

I would agree with you on the rape scenario. It's a child. It's innocent. It doesn't need to pay with its life for the mistakes of its father. Adoption is a far better option. Finally time tole

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
13 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

You make some good points, but it is up to the government and their agencies to stop encouraging, funding and enabling the abortion industry as is now the case.   The young and the uninformed consider it a viable option because of this enabling by governments, and some of the older generation who have lost their moral compass..

If what you say "christians" have as many abortions is true, then they have not learned the value of life from their "churches" and "pastors" and it confirms a blatant ignorance on the part of these institutions and persons to preach/teach this subject..it is a sad reflection on todays society which has been given an attitude of "life is cheap" and the "disposable" people..where does it end? The end times are gaining momentum as prophesied in the Bible.

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
3 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Why is it harder to trust God when a 9 yr old gets raped and pregnant than an 18 or 35 yr old?

We don't know how all things will work to Gloryify  God but killing a baby at any stage or at age simply wrong for any reason man or woman can give.

Don't know what to do? Trust God. Sometimes it's hard but He will never fail anyone.

Edited by Thallasa

Guest BacKaran

Wow...

I  find it difficult to understnad  those who will never allow the abortion,

and I find it extremely sad that people would prefer abortion over letting a life be led as His chooses.

I'm praying for you. Karan

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/24/2017 at 0:10 AM, Brittany said:

Alright, so, I'm against abortion completely. I don't believe a woman should ever have the right to kill her own child. Even in cases of rape, and when the mother's health is affected. I believe that when a woman gets an abortion, she is being selfish and is giving up. Now, I don't hate women who support abortions or have had abortions. But, I hate abortion with a burning passion.

I just wanted to open a discussion about this because I was curious about other viewpoints.

Do you think abortion is okay at all times? What about when a baby is the result of rape? When the mother's health is in jeopardy? Please also include your reasoning, whether you answer yes or no.

Here's my reasoning for being against abortion: God forms us in our mother's womb, and He knows us even before we're born, and has a purpose for us (Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:13). Okay so, what about in cases of rape? Well, sometimes we need to just get over it (although I'm not saying it'll be easy to just, poof, forget the trauma). We are told that there will be tribulations, and that we need to endure to the end. Life on earth isn't going to be perfect. But we can rely on God to get us through at least until we have accomplished our purpose. And as for when a woman's life is in jeopardy, I like to look at John 15:13 to answer this; "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." When a woman is willing to risk her own life to try to birth a baby, she is showing almost the greatest love (I say "almost" because God is the one who showed the greatest love when He sent His Son to die for us). Abortion, therefore, is not a loving decision.

I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts! :)

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER, EVEN IF WE HAVE DIFFERING VIEW POINTS.

I think the extremist view that believes a woman's womb is not her own, while stating without exception that a pregnant woman should have to die when her pregnancy presents as a terminal complication is defeated of its own purpose in espousing a pro-life ideology. When the life of a mother is to be extinguished because the baby inside her is going to otherwise kill her without the mother having an abortion so as to have her life saved, the argument for the sacredness of life is extinguished without exception.

There's nothing that will augment such a view. No alternative ideologies will register. It is simply untenable to argue a woman's life must be surrendered because a life saving procedure is unacceptable. That makes then the extremist perspective about the procedure Not in any way about the sacredness of life.

Further and lastly, the extremist pro-life anti-abortion platform can never be argued from the articulated God ideology in order to sustain the extremist view. Because God did not forbid abortion in the scriptures. And beyond that God did not exemplify the higher order or role model of pro-life ideology.

To argue that abortion is immoral and against God is to demonstrate a lack of continuity with the scriptures that report God slaughtered those in the womb himself.

He drowned innumerable pregnant women during the deluge. He ordered the first born of every house in Egypt, which in that era would have counted as 'first born' those in utero being families referred to those babies as that promise.

While he also ordered the Hebrew armies at his disposal acting at his behest, his command, for his glory, by his predetermined will, to slaughter pregnant women at Samaria. Hosea 13:16 as one example.

The argument that God is God and can do as he will often comes in rebuttal of such observation in scriptures. However, the rebuttal to that is simple. Women died by numbers when abortion was illegal. Laws forcing women to remain pregnant against their will while making that argument about God's ability to kill life in the womb says that man is to be forced by law to uphold a higher moral standard for life than does the giver of the law being argued.As well as life; God.

To think man made laws are righteous to preserve life in the womb, when arguing a woman's life is to be extinguished because she should not be able to have an abortion to save her life no matter what, revokes the pro-life standard.

These type threads go on for pages. In this particular case it is a kindness to observe the author has already made their declaration concerning their point of view. No thing will be accomplished in countless more pages because the extreme has already declared it will not be moved. All anyone to the contrary is doing is arguing their own reason for holding to their own immovable perspective.

If God can slaughter life in the womb because he's God we cannot argue for a higher standard in ourselves by man's law concerning life in the womb.

Pro-life is pro-life. When God isn't pro-life the extremist view is arguing for suppression of and death of women. As the OP does when stating no matter what a woman should never have an abortion.

My perspective. I'm here because my mother was pro-choice. She was date raped and could have chosen to abort but didn't.

And for the record I'm pro-life. Which means I'm pro-women's life too.

Guest BacKaran

Again, just wow.

It is simply untenable to argue a woman's life must be surrendered because a life saving procedure is unacceptable. 

Let's put this in a different perspective...

It is simply untenable to argue that Jesus life must be surrendered because ...

God is God and who are we to question Him? Remember Job never got an answer to his questions but he learned God will do what God chooses to do.