• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is known as purely humanistic thinking.  when Paul wrote 2 Timothy 3:16,17, he was including his own epistles given by Divine inspiration by the power of the Holy Spirit (51% of the New Testament).  Feminists and liberals hate that.

My point is this.....until he was put in the canon, his writings were not scripture....that came in the 4th century.  I love St. Paul, read him all the time.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, markdohle said:

My point is this.....until he was put in the canon, his writings were not scripture....that came in the 4th century.  I love St. Paul, read him all the time.

Mark, you are clearly mistaken, as this Scripture (below) proves.  Kindly ponder on the words of St. Peter (written around 66 AD) and take them to heart,  where he puts ALL the epistles of Paul on the same footing as the other Scriptures (the Hebrew Tanakh).

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. (2 Peter 3:15,26).

The term "other Scriptures" confirms that all Paul's epistles were Scripture, and that they were being compared to the "other Scriptures".  So who gave Peter this insight, if not the Holy Spirit Himself?  Therefore Peter also placed his own epistles on the same footing as "the other Scriptures", as you will note in another passage in this epistle (chapter 1).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/24/2017 at 10:53 PM, creativemechanic said:

Honestly.... Why does this happen ?

cde4ff5456f46e1c16433f8a69d12a87.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 6:27 AM, Neighbor said:

Why that  is crystal clear, a woman must bear a child to be saved!

Dear brother Neighbor,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I totally agree with you, Neighbor.

Unfortunately, individuals are not knowing the Eternal's plan for the home. Women in particular have a key role to play in.

·          “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” (Genesis 2.18).

Notice that the woman was raised by the Eternal to be a suitable helper of man.

The question comes: help him in what?

·         “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” (Genesis 1.28).

And it is in this mission of helping Adam to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth that she’ll saved by Jesus:

·         “Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.” (1 Timothy 2.15).

So much so that the grace of life for woman it is in the company of her husband:

·         “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” (1Peter 3.7).

Moreover, if Eva, at the Eden, had generate children, she wouldn’t have time to talk with the serpent, much less wouldn’t feel need of seeking for herself and for her husband a useless knowledge.

If what a woman desires is to glorify the Eternal, know that there is no better form of evangelism than to be a wise woman, that is, building her own house (rather than trying to build the house of others - Proverbs 14:1). This is because, in the first place, a home in perfect harmony with Jesus and his word stirs the hearts of individuals who are close. In addition, you have already imagined what would happen if, in each home constituted of married couple that believes in Jesus, the mother committed herself to lead their children to continue all that Jesus is in the life of the father (as you can see in the levirate law)?

·         “If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her. And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel. And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother. Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her; then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house.” (Deuteronomy 25.5-9).

May Jesus help us to see how exalted is the role of the woman in the home helping her husband in the mission that the Eternal gave him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, markdohle said:

This does get kind of silly.  Paul was writing in a certain time and dealing with specific problems, I doubt he thought that 2000 years after he wrote his letter that people would be viewing it as "The Word of God".   Lady Kay I am with you on this.......I wonder if Paul thought he was writing scripture when he was dealing with the different issues. 

Lady pastors, or not, is not a doctrine, it was based on a culture where women had few rights.

Peace
mark

God's word does not change. What applied them to the church hierarchy still applies today. And to suggest that some people today would deny his letters as being the inspired word of God is to suggest we think either he or Paul is a liar.

No lady pastors is a doctrine of God.