• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 hours ago, Davida said:

- Personally , I met a Hindu for eg. who loved Jesus too , and they were Very loving and kind - perhaps because they did not want to be transformed into a rat in their next life , but

So what are you saying here. Are you loving kind? If so why, so you don't burn forever with a devil.

I don't know what the ultimate truth is but I look at the world and I see problems based on stupid arguments. Like all of you starting to hate me because I don't think we are created with immortal souls. Did anyone ask why? No, none of you. So according to the Bible you all lack wisdom. All I get on this board is a lot of hatred from people who claim to believe in a man who taught to love each other. Do you not see the problem there. I do.

I don't feel hatred. I love all people. As a young man I wanted to be a doctor to help people, not to get rich. I didn't become a doctor but I still try to help people for free. And then 16 yrs ago a weird thing happened. My only family died and everyone I once knew turned against me. So I came to a Christian board expecting to find loving people here. In 3 yrs I found 2. The rest of you just want to fight. And you don't care what you fight about, just so long as you fight.

Are any of you concerned because LadyKay left? I am, I even sent her a PM but she didn't respond.

I'll tell you all another thing. With few exceptions I know the Bible better than most of you.

You're all just blowing hot air. You should have asked why I don't think our souls are created immortal. But even if I explain it I bet few of you have the brain power to comprehend it. You all make me disgusted. Now I have to ask God to forgive me for getting angry at you.

Bah.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTC said:

So what are you saying here. Are you loving kind? If so why, so you don't burn forever with a devil.

I don't know what the ultimate truth is but I look at the world and I see problems based on stupid arguments. Like all of you starting to hate me because I don't think we are created with immortal souls. Did anyone ask why? No, none of you. So according to the Bible you all lack wisdom. All I get on this board is a lot of hatred from people who claim to believe in a man who taught to love each other. Do you not see the problem there. I do.

I don't feel hatred. I love all people. As a young man I wanted to be a doctor to help people, not to get rich. I didn't become a doctor but I still try to help people for free. And then 16 yrs ago a weird thing happened. My only family died and everyone I once knew turned against me. So I came to a Christian board expecting to find loving people here. In 3 yrs I found 2. The rest of you just want to fight. And you don't care what you fight about, just so long as you fight.

Are any of you concerned because LadyKay left? I am, I even sent her a PM but she didn't respond.

I'll tell you all another thing. With few exceptions I know the Bible better than most of you.

You're all just blowing hot air. You should have asked why I don't think our souls are created immortal. But even if I explain it I bet few of you have the brain power to comprehend it. You all make me disgusted. Now I have to ask God to forgive me for getting angry at you.

Bah.

JTC don't worry about it my friend.  Religion is like politics, it generates a lot of emotion.  Did not know LadyKay left, liked her, sorry to hear it.

Peace

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member

On 1/31/2017 at 3:48 AM, markdohle said:

JTC don't worry about it my friend.  Religion is like politics, it generates a lot of emotion.  Did not know LadyKay left, liked her, sorry to hear it.

Peace

Mark

Mark,

Thank you for saying something nice. I've been reading the Bible some 35 yrs and I'm just beginning to understand why the RCC doesn't encourage people to read it. There's so much information in it and it takes a really long time to make sense of it. I'm not saying people shouldn't read it. I'm just saying I get it.

Jesus said God is love. So when we think we are people of God and we say mean things to others I doubt that this type of person truly knows God. But that's what too many people are doing. For me being a Catholic didn't help me feel close to God. But I never found many Christian churches that did neither. I think if we know God it shows in what we do, what we say, and our attitudes. You talk like you know God so I guess being Catholic works for you. I don't have a problem with that.

It is where I find Christ, in the Catholic Church.  We are Christians LOL, though yes we have things that put people off, that is ok with me.  You need to do what brings you into contact with Christ Jesus and be open to the Spirit, that is all that we can do.  You have a good insight into 'love', keep developing it and don't worry when others disagree with you.....you are a true brother in Christ.

Peace
Mark

Hi Mark, Yes I agree, God is where you can find Him. I don't know much about churches because I have rarely belonged to one, but is it possible that God is mostly in the churches where the members are walking with Him. I think yes. 

My mother was a Godly woman and a devout Catholic. She came to a Christian church with me several times and she answered the alter call so she made the formal declaration of accepting Christ. But she remained Catholic. Anyway, her oldest sister was very depressed because her son put her in a nursing home and maybe he visited her once a month. One night me and my mother were discussing her when the Holy Spirit came over my mother. She started to shake as she said a heartfelt prayer for her oldest sister. My mother didn't know what had just happened but I had seen that before and I knew it's what happens when the HS does something special and comes over you and prays with you. That weekend the youngest sister went to visit the one in the nursing home and she showed a marked improvement. So that prayer my mother prayed was real. But most of the time my mother prayed the Rosary, that was the only time I ever heard her pray like that. The point is God loves and answers prayers from Catholics just as much as anyone else. 

I think we have a lot of phony religion going on, maybe more than ever in my 64 yrs here. I think you're much younger than me and I hope things get better in your years here.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, woundeddog said:

Praying for the dead-- doesnt do any good- we know it appointed once to die- then the judgement--- praying to the dead id even more useless and can jeopardize your walk with the lord--- on occasion though I do ask the Lord in prayer to say Hi to my parents and let them know Iam doing okay~~

Yes, it does say "appointed once to die " .  I find that strange , as  it says nothing about 'life' ,but death , so maybe we live more than once , and "die" means spiritual death ,not physical death . There is ample evidence in the bible to suggest rebirth , and to believe that early christians also did .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

20 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

bible to suggest rebirth

I'm sure that means a spiritual rebirth, not a physical rebirth or reincarnation

26 minutes ago, JTC said:

Hi Mark, Yes I agree, God is where you can find Him. I don't know much about churches because I have rarely belonged to one, but is it possible that God is mostly in the churches where the members are walking with Him. I think yes. 

My mother was a Godly woman and a devout Catholic. She came to a Christian church with me several times and she answered the alter call so she made the formal declaration of accepting Christ. But she remained Catholic. Anyway, her oldest sister was very depressed because her son put her in a nursing home and maybe he visited her once a month. One night me and my mother were discussing her when the Holy Spirit came over my mother. She started to shake as she said a heartfelt prayer for her oldest sister. My mother didn't know what had just happened but I had seen that before and I knew it's what happens when the HS does something special and comes over you and prays with you. That weekend the youngest sister went to visit the one in the nursing home and she showed a marked improvement. So that prayer my mother prayed was real. But most of the time my mother prayed the Rosary, that was the only time I ever heard her pray like that. The point is God loves and answers prayers from Catholics just as much as anyone else. 

I think we have a lot of phony religion going on, maybe more than ever in my 64 yrs here. I think you're much younger than me and I hope things get better in your years here.

Yes, we can't box God  in.....there is a deep mystery with Christ Jesus and all of our lives we grow into that mystery.

I doubt I am younger than you, I am 68.

Peace
Mark

Guest Thallasa
5 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

I'm sure that means a spiritual rebirth, not a physical rebirth or reincarnation

We will see ,but I don't accept the version given by the RCC.;  which is what you have . :)

Mark, You look younger in that picture. But I also have an old man neurosis. I won't go into that.