• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

27 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Yes, it does say "appointed once to die " .  I find that strange , as  it says nothing about 'life' ,but death , so maybe we live more than once , and "die" means spiritual death ,not physical death . There is ample evidence in the bible to suggest rebirth , and to believe that early christians also did .

By early Christians you mean ex-Jews right? I was surprised to find out some Jews still believe in reincarnation today. I think it's the same ones that don't believe angels are real. I was so surprised I asked how can you think angels aren't real. She told me because there aren't any in the Torah. But isn't the Torah the 1st 5 books of the Bible? There's several places angels are mentioned in Genesis alone.

But what do you consider Biblical evidence to suggest anyone believed reincarnation is real?

Btw, I think it may have been real for certain people but before Jesus came here. Things changed after Jesus. Of course these are just ideas I have.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Thallasa said:

We will see ,but I don't accept the version given by the RCC.;  which is what you have

The Bible says "once to die then the judgment"- that is not specific to the RCC- its accepted by most Christian denominations as meaning you only go around once then you are accountable for your lifes actions

Guest Thallasa
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, JTC said:

By early Christians you mean ex-Jews right? I was surprised to find out some Jews still believe in reincarnation today. I think it's the same ones that don't believe angels are real. I was so surprised I asked how can you think angels aren't real. She told me because there aren't any in the Torah. But isn't the Torah the 1st 5 books of the Bible? There's several places angels are mentioned in Genesis alone.

But what do you consider Biblical evidence to suggest anyone believed reincarnation is real?

Btw, I think it may have been real for certain people but before Jesus came here. Things changed after Jesus. Of course these are just ideas I have.

Yes, things changed after Jesus  ,but until 'the end ,when a new beginning will take place ,I know that .There is much that I do not agree on ,with many here ,but am not going to go into into detail .

What I do know is , that here is more than one judgement ,and then there is the Final one .  The condition  of our 'heart' , and our ability to see beyond those who manipulate the truth to fit their 'agenda , especially the agenda of Israel, which is not a spiritual state ,but a secular ,and very carnal one ,is more important than bible reading, as so much is not understood in the true spirit . 

• Group:  Royal Member

Thallasa, You sound like someone I can have interesting discussions with. Feel free to sed me a PM anytime you want.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, woundeddog said:

The Bible says "once to die then the judgment"- that is not specific to the RCC- its accepted by most Christian denominations as meaning you only go around once then you are accountable for your lifes actions

I know but there was a huge split and disagreement in christian church, and it was decided finally, after 553 AD.,  to deny what Origen believed . You can easily look it up .

The RCC says it denies Jesus as God  ,but it does not . But anyway the bible as given,  is the core neccessary to 'be saved ', and maybe for most this is enough , but there  are more and more people who are christian who think otherwise , and they are not 'new agers' . 

I believe that the bible is the only way to know God and receive 'eternal salvation ' ,but certain things in the bible have been interpreted according to the idea of one life, and then judgement, which  was only decided by Justinius ,(or Justinian) ,in 553. I am not sure this is true ,in fact it is one thing I do not believe .

Edited by Thallasa

2 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

I know but there was a huge split and disagreement in christian church, and it was decided finally, after 553 AD.,  to deny what Origen believed . You can easily look it up .

The RCC says it denies Jesus as God  ,but it does not . But anyway the bible as given, if believed is the core neccessary to 'be saved ', and maybe for most this is correct , but there  are more and more people who are christian who think otherwise , and they are not 'new agers' . 

I'm not sure of what you mean here. I do know God uses the Bible. By reading the Bible people who are open to God can and do find Him. Jesus made a big deal out of obeying the Father. This is what I know. I know that what we do is just as important as what we believe. When I became a Christian, some 35 yrs ago, people were into thinking what they did wasn't important at all. They thought what they believed was the whole story. That never seemed right me to me. And finally after 30 something yrs, I have scriptures in 3 different places that support the idea that our behavior matters. Of course, if we accept Jesus as we claim we do then we should know our behavior matters because He emphasized it so often and in so many ways. 

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, JTC said:

I'm not sure of what you mean here. I do know God uses the Bible. By reading the Bible people who are open to God can and do find Him. Jesus made a big deal out of obeying the Father. This is what I know. I know that what we do is just as important as what we believe. When I became a Christian, some 35 yrs ago, people were into thinking what they did wasn't important at all. They thought what they believed was the whole story. That never seemed right me to me. And finally after 30 something yrs, I have scriptures in 3 different places that support the idea that our behavior matters. Of course, if we accept Jesus as we claim we do then we should know our behavior matters because He emphasized it so often and in so many ways. 

Of course the bible as it is, is all that is neccessary to follow to 'be saved ' ,but it may be why some people are born as believers , or rather seem to know God at a tiny age ,but others need to spend much time , learning to be  . And so much more ? There are people I know especially those who come from   long time Christian families who have experience of this . I am not going to say too much unless asked .:)

Edited by Thallasa
add smillie

Guest Thallasa
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, JTC said:

Well, I believe in the Holy Spirit as protector ,but have never thought much of angels, nor had any experience of them ,as they are described  in the RCC paintings . Unless you mean human ones .:)  I did meet a human one ,once in the Roman baths, at Bath in England on a visit .

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, JTC said:

I think that what you describe is not common in Europe ,that is what you do or not  is important .

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Well, I believe in the Holy Spirit as protector ,but have never thought much of angels, nor had any experience of them ,as they are described  in the RCC paintings . Unless you mean human ones .:)  I did meet a human one ,once in the Roman baths, at Bath in England on a visit .

This I would like you to explain. I assume you met 1 or more people you thought were angels? I also met 2 males I thought might have been angels. It was way back 30+ yrs ago when I was being drawn to God. One man came up to me in a mall and handed me a small booklet. I thought it was a Christian Tract. Back then those things were more common than flies. But it wasn't. It was the Gospel of John in the NIV translation which was brand new at the time. When I went to thank this man this man I couldn't find him any where. The reason I say maybe he was an angel is because back then I wanted to read the Bible and I just don't understand old English. Not even today. So the KJV was useless to me. I didn't know there were other translations of the Bible in the English. I thought the KJV was all there was. No one knew I wanted to read the Bible. And out of the clear blue sky this funny looking little man walks up to me hands John's Gospel and then disappears into the crowd. That night changed my life. From John's Gospel I ordered the entire Bible and spent the next 3 yrs reading it. Maybe he was human. Maybe he just looked human. Is this what you mean?